4.0 out of 5 stars Handy little light.
This light works well and the magnets seem to be powerful enough to keep the thing in place. However, the light seems to be a bit more cheaply-made than I expected. Note: I recently found the light at a big-box home improvement store for less than half the price.
Published on September 2, 2009 by C. Bullman

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Concept...ruined by cheap plastic switch
I love the concept of this little light. However, a cheap plastic switch kills the reliability. I switched mine on, it worked. Switched it off, then switched it on again. Dead! The light will only stay on if I apply constant pressure on the switch. I was excited to receive this product but was immediately disappointed. Product lifetime = less than one minute...
Published on August 4, 2009 by Richard G. Vincent II

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Concept...ruined by cheap plastic switch, August 4, 2009

I give the product a 2nd star only because the company, Risk Racing/Striker, was willing to send me a new unit without requiring that I send back the bad one. I look forward to receiving the replacement, but even so, I have doubts about the durability of this product and its reliability in a rough environment.

I guess you can't ask for much, given the price. Honestly, it is such a unique and cool concept that I would have spent more than double the $7 I spent to own a unit that is more dependable.

3.0 out of 5 stars This thing is great BUT!!!, September 12, 2009
The switches cand be fussy, (I own 8 of them) But they make a heck of a lot of light and the magnets are pretty darned strong. BE AWARE that if you beat them up the magnets will come off, but I work with them on an oil rig so go fugure. They are great but its best to have a few of them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy little light., September 2, 2009
C. Bullman (Baltimore, MD USA) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Supercute... but how do you replace the batteries?, April 15, 2010
Nuknuk (Springfield, VA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
I am a bit disappointed with this LED light. First of all it is a great gift and a great novelty item. It looks like the sea mines that you see in the movies that explode when it touches the hull of sea vessels. They are supercute. I am a sucker for LEDs and magnets, and that is the main reason why I have to absolutely get it. I ordered 2 of them, one for myself and one as a future gift when I get to one of those instances when I could not think of anything to buy as a present. It is a conversation piece. I showed it to some of my co-workers and right there we spent out the window some productivity time. It attaches itself to PC towers, refrigerators, microwaves and might be nice to have when we do electrical surveys on panelboards.

The switch is tight, you have to push it carefully for fear of flipping off the plastic slider switch. It has a single white LED light. I guess it is bright, but that is subjective, I have a lot of LED gadgets around the house and I don't notice that it is very much brighter than the others.

My biggest gripe which nobody has mentioned yet in the reviews, is how to replace the batteries. As of now, I am still trying to figure out how to pry this clamshell open, this mine thingy, without blowing up on my face. There are a couple of ridges that looks like you press a penny to open it, but no success there. Neither there is any instruction in the package. It uses 3 LR44 button batteries. Made in China.

2.0 out of 5 stars Magnets will come loose nearly immediately., December 13, 2009
If this is purchased as a novelty - it's a clever idea. However, it's the kind of item I would want to toss in a toolbox. This light is not up to that kind of treatment.

I removed mine from the packaging, turned it on and off a couple times, then used the magnet to attach it to a metal frame near my desk. After a week there I took it down to package it as part of a gift. Surprise, the magnet that was holding the light to a horizontal metal surface- stayed on the horizontal metal surface. I would seek a replacement, but I doubt it would be resolved before I need it.

Oh, and I've now seen it for almost half of this price at a local retailer. Not sure why we pay a premium here.

2.0 out of 5 stars No way to change dead on arrival battery, April 2, 2011
Great item but needs to be made so we can replace the dead battery. Unfortunately, mine had been shipped with the switch in the ON position and the battery DOA.

4.0 out of 5 stars "Glad I bought it ", January 27, 2010
A Kid's Review
I saw this item advertised on television and purchased three of them. I bought them as Christmas gifts for my two son-in-laws and myself. Both of them looked skeptical when they saw their gifts, however snce then they both have informed me of how they have used their Magnetic light mines, (they both thought they would never use their gift) !
I used mine yesterday while working in my car checking out wiring under my dash. I am sure it will continue to come in handy, "I'm glad I bought it"!

2.0 out of 5 stars STRIKER MAG LED LIGHT, January 2, 2011
Techawk (Stanwood, Wa USA) - See all my reviews
Very cool and innovative led light. Very bright light and magnets make it easy to place in a good position. But, it does not allow the batteries to be replaced. This is the only reason I gave it 2 stars. Would be 5 stars if the batteries could be replaced.

2.0 out of 5 stars Much smaller than I realized., November 1, 2010
MommieXThree (New England, USA) - See all my reviews
I was surprised at how small this magnet light was. It's about the size of (maybe smaller) than a golf ball. In addition the magnets are not all that strong. The LED light is bright though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Little Light, November 17, 2011
When I received this, I was surprised at how small it is, and so didn't expect much.
But when you turn it on, it's unbelieveably bright (you can't look right at it!) The overall quality is very good, and the magnets are exceptional! Whoever designed this, really put a lot of thought into the almost unlimited uses it provides.
I read all the reviews about being cheaply made, bad switches, etc. and I can say from my experience..."not so"! I am considering purchasing more of these as they are incredibly handy anywhere.

Striker 00141 Magnetic Light Mine Stocking Stuffer, 5-Pack