Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

VINE VOICEon March 31, 2011
The Grabarchuk family makes excellent puzzles, and they run such sites as ageofpuzzles.com and puzzles.com.

Strimko is a sudoku variant that allows for some excellent puzzles of various sizes, and they've masterfully put them on display here. In the smaller 4x4 puzzles, each row, column, and region must have the numbers 1-4.

These are great puzzles, and the Kindle deployment is excellent. Highly recommended.
on May 23, 2011
This game is a little quirky- its not clear how the scoring is supposed to work or what the "evolved" meter actually is (more is better but what does it relate to?) The bonus for unused guesses only applies to your original allotment, not the refreshed hints.

Oh well.

But the game itself is a lot of fun. A simple set of rules, a clear objective and its the type of game you can play, pause and pick up again when you get another few spare minutes. There is some discussion of various solving techniques on the authors' web site if you want to jump beyond basic strategies.

Included are 90 or so boards of various difficulties- so its 20-30 hours of play for a pretty nominal price.
on May 8, 2011
I really like this game. It seems that every hour on the Kindle I go back to Strimko to open whatever game I'm working on and give a fresh look or try to see a new tactic to apply in solving that puzzle. The user interface works for me, and without the frustrations I get trying when using any of the Sudoku games. The hints are readily available when you get stumped (which does happen when you're still learning). And you can reset a puzzle when you make a mistake -- or, even better, when you've had to use too many hints and want to go back after a period of time to see if you can now improve your performance. This is an elegant puzzle.
on May 20, 2011
This game is similar to Sudoku but I found it more interesting. Each puzzle changes a little bit. It starts off with easy and works all the way up to hard. I have quit reading for the past few days just so I could do all the puzzles. I highly recommend this if you like logic puzzles.
on May 15, 2011
The concept is easy to understand, but sometimes quite difficult to accomplish!

The first easy puzzle I did took 17 minutes. I admit, I didn't pay much attention to the instructions, so I didn't know what I was doing...

The next easy one took about 4 minutes.

The harder ones, well, put on your thinking caps!
I really love these puzzles, and they work wonderfully with the Kindle. Hence, my 5 star rating. Satisfying, fun, challenging, great Kindle game.
on September 9, 2011
This is a smart & sharp Sudoku variant and also my favorite game on the Kindle.

The Kindle interface isn't ideal for this type of game, but it works just fine. You get used to it pretty quick.

The difficulty is just right. The puzzles start easy enough, and ramp up the challenge at an even pace.

I recommend Strimko to anyone that enjoys Sudoku.
on April 9, 2011
I love this game.... keeps your brain working. Sudoku fans will appreciate it. Very ingenious game play.

Fun, addictive and challenging.

Keep it up Braintonik !
This is a highly addictive game (if you like logic and puzzles) that is similar to Sudoku but seemingly so much better.

The object is to put only one of a set of numbers in any row, column, or path of linked numbers. Sounds easy? It starts out that way just to give you a false sense of confidence. Then BAM, you're hit with harder ones that leave a tired brain reeling.

There are so many ways to approach the solution including the use of notations (like Sudoku when you put your possible options for any given space), hints, or just plain reasoning out. It is easy to navigate on the Kindle and using the keypad for notations and number fills becomes second nature.
You are timed on each level and I'm sure there is something that keeps track of how many moves you make before finding the solution because you are given an evolutionary rank for each puzzle. From the lowest amoeba to the highly evolved braniac type alien thing (not really sure what it is - I just know that I feel very superior when I get that one - smirk, grin). Along with my collection of Grabarchuk puzzles, like Puzzlebook: 100 Puzzle Quizzes (color and interactive!) or LetsTans Classic my Kindle has become a great reading library but also a relaxing way to keep my brain cells from dying off from lack of use.

Highly recommended Kindle game.
on July 24, 2011
this game is great! it is similar to sudoku but with circles to enter your numbers and with a fun twist. within each puzzle there are lines linking the circles to form a chain.

not only does each row and column require a unique number but each number in each chain must also be unique.

for example in the easy setting the 'grid' is 4x4 and within that there are 4 chains.
on May 20, 2011
If you are a suduko fan you will love this game. It's basically like suduko but with a twist. It's great to play on the Kindle.