5.0 out of 5 stars Master readings by the very best. A true treasure!, September 6, 2004
This review is from: String Quartets Op 59 2 & 3: Razumovsky (Audio CD)
If you want to hear what is for me the most marvellous version ever recorded of the opus 59, try to get the Shanghai Quartet on Delos. This CD of Op.59, No.2 and No.3 are pure perfection. The level of musicianship is exceptionally high here. Its virtues merit serious attention among Beethoven quartet recordings on the market. The four musicians imbue these works with beautifully blended sonorities and a remarkable synchronicity of ensemble. Inner voices are clarified and cogently shaped but never overphrased. The Adagio from the Op.59 No.2 is the most moving performance that I know. What a great CD, Period!

5.0 out of 5 stars Total shocker, January 31, 2008
This review is from: String Quartets Op 59 2 & 3: Razumovsky (Audio CD)
I love the LvB string quartets so much I try to collect every recording on CD or DVD. I was simply amazed. These guys play superbly. Their interpretation of both quartets is almost flawless. The four instruments are balanced in tone and dynamics, and the tempo at every turn is perfect. These are just superb performances. I'm now eagerly searching for other LvB string quartets recorded by these guys. (They've also issued CDs for Op. 18 as well Opp. 130&131, but they are hard to find.)

5.0 out of 5 stars They never cease to amaze!!, July 3, 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: String Quartets Op 59 2 & 3: Razumovsky (Audio CD)
I have had the pleasure to work with this quartet this past school year in master classes several times, and will do so again this upcoming year. They are remarkable people and AMAZING musicians. Their last world tour was focused around Beethoven, and I've seen them play live many times. Although this CD can not compare to them live in person, it's still AMAZING. I could hardly believe my eyes when I randomly came across it in the store the other day. I HAD to get it. The play with such feeling and they leave you sitting on the edge of your seat! They are teriffic teachers and have the best sense of humor too! :o) Really down to earth people, and that's hard to find in professional musicians today! GET THIS CD! YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED!

5.0 out of 5 stars I like this music, December 23, 2013
This review is from: String Quartets Op 59 2 & 3: Razumovsky (Audio CD)
The Shanghai Quartet are great performers. I enjoy listening to them play. Their music is lively and has a sense of life to it.

String Quartets Op 59 2 & 3: Razumovsky
String Quartets Op 59 2 & 3: Razumovsky by Ludwig van Beethoven (Audio CD - 2004)