5.0 out of 5 stars I Have Suddenly Been Converted to a Fan
I was not a fan of Natasha Bedingfield before I purchased this album. I love both 'Pocketful of Sunshine' and 'Unwritten' very much... yet... I just looked just now and was surprised that I had never actually _bought_ either of those two singles. That tends to usually mean I have not really become a fan of the artist.

When this CD came out at the end of 2010,...
Published on July 27, 2011 by Darrell R. Owen

3.0 out of 5 stars Not G rated
I thought since this song was featured with "The Pirate Fairy" movie that it would be safe to play for a kids birthday party. After listening to the whole song, I quickly realized that this song has a word that is inappropriate and will somehow have to be deleted, if I wish to play it at the party. I am really disappointed that Disney didn't encourage Natasha to...
Published 1 month ago by jobew

5.0 out of 5 stars I Have Suddenly Been Converted to a Fan, July 27, 2011
This review is from: Strip Me (MP3 Music)

When this CD came out at the end of 2010, it felt like there had been a pretty large void in the number of my favorite artists releasing CDs currently and over the next few months. I was DYING for some new music, especially from female artists. Natasha's CD appeared in the "New Releases" area highly rated, and I thought it would be worth the investment. So I jumped in and bought the whole album sight unseen, so to speak.

It has become much dearer to me than I could have ever expected. It sounds corny to re-read those words, yet it is exactly what has happened. She literally surpassed my greatest expectations and has already sold me on her next release... may it come soon. The songs are very uplifiting, for lack of a better term. I cannot help but classify them that way if I focus on the _lyrical_ messages she is sharing. And oddly I don't usually pay much attention to lyrics these days; it is the music that calls me in the songs I revere.

So many of these tracks speak to me in a way that I must admit I have not had music do before.

To clarify, let's start with the track "Try." Someone in these Amazon reviews states there is no 'power ballad' on this CD. Have they not listened to this CD? The music of this track alone is calm yet forceful in its message of love. This is your so-called power ballad. It speaks of how it is never too late to change the way your relationship is going with someone.

And then there is the track "No Mozart." I am a married man, and the message it conveys to partners of intimacy is the most incredible interpretation of a woman's personal thoughts that I have ever heard. She tells of how you do not have to be a Mozart (essentially a master of your art) to play your mate like a piano (the physical intimacy). It was the first track I found myself wandering around the house singing, long before I knew the message Natasha was conveying in this song. Just an amazing song.

I don't know if you are hearing "Weightless" in your corner of the world, but they are not playing it around here on the radio. What a shame! This is the radio play that would catapult the album into the limelight... yet... I don't know what the non-radio-tracks were like on the last 2 albums, so how can I really know? But this is the song I sang the longest, and still find myself singing eight months after this album appeared onto my media server. No small feat for a band I am "not a fan of."

The remainder of the songs hit various highs and lows regarding song perfection, if there is such a thing. But not a one of them is throwaway. Not even close. It is jaw-dropping to me the vocal range Natasha has and displays on this album.

I am not sure what I'll do yet as far as Natasha's previous two albums are concerned. But I will always remember that "Strip Me" was the album that made me a fan of Natasha Bedingfield.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Natasha Bedingfield's voice, July 25, 2011
This review is from: Strip Me (Audio CD)
I have been listening to Natasha Bedingfield for years. Saw her in Milwaukee this summer. She was even better in person. She is such a natural, down to earth person who just happens to have a beautiful voice. She is also a talented songwriter. I will be watching for future CDs and concert tours.

5.0 out of 5 stars Natasha Bedingfield's Strip Me, September 13, 2011
This review is from: Strip Me (Audio CD)
Such a fantastic album! It's like one long pep talk, getting you in the mood for living. Her vocals are flawless and powerful, a chest voice of steel there! The best track is the title, Strip Me, but in my opinion the second best is All I Need, track 2. I would recommend this album for anyone who appreciates fun, good storytelling, talent, and happy happy music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful cd, November 17, 2012
This review is from: Strip Me (Audio CD)
I enjoy this cd because she sings about where people are really at in their life. I like how poetic it is. It has a good beat to if you are a dancer.

4.0 out of 5 stars strip me outstripped expectations, October 13, 2012
This review is from: Strip Me (Audio CD)
I am really glad I could not get the track I was after on Australian iTunes, because I would have missed out on the rest of the CD. Its passionate, punchy , great for dancing to in the lounge room and singing along with in the car!

5.0 out of 5 stars I liked it so much I bought the same CD for my Mother, October 13, 2012
This review is from: Strip Me (Audio CD)
Natasha Bedingfield has such an incredibly beautiful voice and powerful lungs to carry her songs. I especially relate to the song 'Strip Me.' When my Mother asked me what Natasha's music and voice sounded like over an email, I did not reply; rather, I simply purchased the same CD, sent it to my Mother and wrote in the Gift Card, "I cannot express in words Natasha's music nor compare her voice to no other, you just need to hear for yourself." And my Mother really likes the CD and Natasha Bedingfields music, songs and voice.

4.0 out of 5 stars A cd with more than a pocketful of sunshine!, April 3, 2011
This review is from: Strip Me (Audio CD)
Fantastic - potentially her best album to date. The first few opening tracks are so incredibly catchy and well produced. The theme of the cd about self-acceptance, love and self-understanding is such a welcome relief from the current radio bombardment of Lady Gaga-esques! Natasha really shows how it is done!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD, March 4, 2011
This review is from: Strip Me (MP3 Music)
I usually doesn't listen to this type of music as I am a hip hop/r and b type of person but I had some amazon credit that I needed to use up and someone suggested this CD. Ended up picking it up and I love it. LOL, I've made copies of this CD and placed it in every CD player around the house, in my car and every MP3 player I have. Been blasting it nonstop recently. The beat is catchy and the lyrics are catchy. A great pickup.

5.0 out of 5 stars Her best all-around album, December 12, 2010
This review is from: Strip Me (Audio CD)
This is certainly her best all-around album to date. While I agree with other reviewers that there aren't powerful ballads on this album, that doesn't mean that it's not amazing. Natasha said that this isn't a love album. She's sending different messages this time around, which is great. There isn't a single song on the album that I skip, unlike her previous two albums (Pirate Bones and Silent Movie get very little play time on my iPod).

Notable tracks are: all of them. Seriously. I encourage everyone to download the deluxe version from iTunes, which includes stripped down, "Less is More" acoustic versions of some of the songs, which really offer Natasha to showcase her voice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Supacool, December 12, 2010
This review is from: Strip Me (Audio CD)
Natasha returns with the confident Strip Me. Catchy, hook laiden tracks with her smokey yet pop infused voice fill the album...one word to describe it would be FUN. Every track will ensure you have a smile on your face as you listen. Stand out's would have to be the lead single and title track Strip Me, with it's infectious la la la's. Another is Touch, the story telling in it is brilliant and it's a 'hands-in-the-air' kinda track. Also the crazy All I Need with Kevin Rhudolf cooks....loving it.
I've been a fan of Natasha's for a while and I think this album is more down to earth than her last couple, and the art work, photography and video for Strip Me are just gorgeous.

10 outta 10!

Strip Me
Strip Me by Natasha Bedingfield (Audio CD - 2010)
Rate and Discover Movies