Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing STEM

on October 5, 2007
When I got this I wasn't sure whether or not the lock was built right into it or not. It turns out yes, the lock was built in.
THenI has horrified by the fact that you can ture the lock with your fingernail but soon realized that although you can turn it ,it won't unlock, it can only lock/unlock with the key, so *WHEW!!!*
This is really good except I think the spacing is a bit too large.
Oh, well.
I LOVE THIS JOURNAL!!!
on May 25, 2007
This is a very nice diary/journal. The picture doesn't show it very well, but the diary is very thick. Would recomend.
on March 2, 2010
I just got my package through the mail (awesome delivery, BTW.) But the product wasn't as sturdy as I thought it was. I was able to pick the lock with my hands! (After locking it of course.) I was very disspointed. And the spine looks like it can be easily ripped out. If you are a heavy journalist, DO NOT GET THIS CUTE LITTLE DIARY!
-Sophia
on June 13, 2008
Very disappointed. I was looking for a journal that REALLY locked because I've not been able to find one. Well, I STILL haven't found one. The locking mechanism is extremely cheap, flimsy and is so hard to lock and then reopen, that I can't really use the lock. Would send this back but it's not worth the postage to do so. OK, but the striped cover is pretty.
Ok. This is a very cute journal. the key factor is very confusing because at first i thought there was no key but i looked very closely on the label and it says the keys are taped to the inside back cover of the journal in an envelope. I had to use a flashlight and a butterknife to get the keys to come out. Oh and if you dont know how to turn the lock correctly, here is how you do it:
1. get the turning part to line up with the other whole exactly.
2. insert the key.
3. turn the key one way all the way around.
4. then when it stops, turn it all the way around the other way.
5. then, finally, pust the thing that sticks out on the right of the lock.
Then WALAHH its opened! its confusing to open so im not really worried about people breaking into it. The lock hasnt broken yet as people say it would.
I recommend this journal to all girls that wanna write their thoughts somewhere!
on December 11, 2009
I purchased this for my 10 year old granddaughter for Christmas. I let her open it early so she could begin writing down her "Important Events and Thoughts" this holiday season. She loved the journal. She made her first entry the day she opened it.

The size & the colors are very appropriate for young girls. And the idea that it locks will give that sense of privacy.

I am very happy that I chose this journal for my granddaughter.
on January 10, 2011
Everything about this journal was well made EXCEPT the lock and unfortunately, that was the feature: lock with a key, that my elementary school daughter really wanted on her journal. Got this for her for Christmas and the lock stopped working almost as soon as she unwrapped it. Very disappointing. I would not buy this again or recommend anyone else to buy it either if you want a lock & key that works.
on December 30, 2012
The diary was pretty poorly made. I had a lot of trouble opening the cheap lock. The key was as simple as a hairpin. Maybe using the hairpin is more comfortable. The lock doesn't work unless you push down while turning. The metal tab you have to push down to open it is thin and hurts when applying pressure. The nice paper cover design is poorly glued to the hardcover. It was easily pierced when opening the lock. I would recommend buying the classic padlock stlye since it looks better and is definitely more functional. I had trouble with the lock so you can imagine the struggle for my 11 yr old daughter.
on December 27, 2008
I purchased this diary as well as another similar for my grandaughter for Christmas. She said she really likes them and will definatly use them. The lock isn't the greatest, but on the plus side, it is a hard back book and a nice size for a diary (not too small, not too big), so I still give it 5 stars...
on January 13, 2013
Today hi-tech world that we live and new generation of the kids need the diary. I just want my nephew to do daily work in his own journal. Ever since, he got this gift he has been keeping up with his "Dear Diary". I am so happy to see him the beauty of words that he capture.