Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 8, 2011 3:39:04 AM PST
Jturley says:
Can the strong language be disabled? My 11year old wants this game.

Posted on Nov 8, 2011 4:26:08 AM PST
me says:
So shooting peoples' limbs off, shoving knifes into throats, seeing civilians shot in the head and back was they flee, america being destroyed, people burning alive, people being killed by biological and chemical weapons, is okay, but while your son is shooting people in the head you're afraid he'll hear some words he hears everyday at school? I can't tell if you have terrible judgement, or you're just joking.

Posted on Nov 8, 2011 4:46:33 AM PST
A. Zahnd says:
LMAO @ ^

Posted on Nov 8, 2011 5:33:21 AM PST
Diego says:
LOL I think you just destroyed any chance the kid had left of getting the game haha...but to answer the question I don't think you can remove the language...it's rated M for a reason.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2011 6:19:17 AM PST
M. Brown says:
Turley---its not a bad game for a 11year old. there is language but only in the single player. if your son will play online there no cursing besides actually people and little blood.

Posted on Nov 8, 2011 7:52:46 AM PST
N says:
Your apparent game acceptance is not consistant with your foul language worries. If you are going to accept a game about WARFARE, then you must accept that which goes with warfare...(cursing, blood, gore, atrocities, etc.) If you do not want these things, go buy a Wii, and get Mario Kart (awesome game, I have fun playing it with my 11 yr old) or Wii fit, also fun.

Posted on Nov 8, 2011 8:18:06 AM PST
The problem is that conflict is human nature. He gets into confrontations daily as well and he also should know the difference between real and virtual violence. Unfortunately inarticulated language is just as real in a game as it is at school, so there is more concern for a child that will develop a bad habit of foul language than a bad habit for deadly violence. Furthermore, foul language doesn't further a military FPS' plot and is unnecessary, whereas violence does.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2011 9:00:33 AM PST
L says:
^^ This.

Posted on Nov 8, 2011 9:20:33 AM PST
wow, this lady is legit asking this, the only review she has is for a power rangers action figure that she bought for her son. LTurley, i mean, come on; your son imitating the language of the game would probably be less problematic than if he were to imitate the actions. oh, and you should know that this game is the sequel to a game that starts out with a mass slaughter of civilians in an airport. And, also, the language on multiplayer will be much, much worse, at least in my experience.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2011 10:48:51 AM PST
thewindwaker says:
If you think your kid is mature enough to be able to handle a game of this nature, he better be mature enough to handle every aspect of the game, including the language. Otherwise, stick to something more age appropriate.

Posted on Nov 8, 2011 11:12:38 AM PST
oh no naughry words

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2011 11:22:07 AM PST
T. A. Frank says:
The problem is that online play is filled with other 11-22 year olds using way more profanity than the campaign. Unless you want to explain what a Donkey Punch or Tea Bagging is to your son, I'd suggest you keep him offline. I wish I could turn off others chat most of the time.

Posted on Nov 8, 2011 2:49:48 PM PST
DONT BUY YOUR KID MATURE RATED GAMES IF THEY CANT HANDLE IT... do you think they put the labels on it for no reason? Any more dumb questions?

Posted on Nov 9, 2011 11:30:11 AM PST
You can select chat options to friends only, which will prevent any foul mouthed player from being heard. Also, there is no swearing in the multiplayer part of the game (aside from actual people). I haven't played the single player, so I can't comment on that.

Posted on Jul 20, 2012 11:01:33 PM PDT
C. Davenport says:
Play single player campain

Posted on Aug 7, 2012 1:28:58 PM PDT
C. Hall says:
No, you can't mute the language. You can turn off the "more disturbing" images. I don't really find anything too disturbing on MW3 due to the, well, lets be honest with ourselves here, bad graphics.

I remember being young playing Goldeneye 007 and Grand Theft Auto 3. Yes, your kids will pick up on violence and language, will they likely use it when they're mad, probably not. Depends on the nature of your child to begin with, if he's already aggressive and foul mouthed, this game isn't going to make it any better or worse. If your kid is smart, knows right from wrong, obedient, and knows when and where he can act a certain way, then no, this game isn't going to make him turn into a vulgar killing machine.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  15
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Nov 8, 2011
Latest post:  Aug 7, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - Xbox 360
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - Xbox 360 by Activision Publishing (Xbox 360)
3.5 out of 5 stars   (1,730)