Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Format: Audio CD|Change

on October 24, 2011
Reviewing track by track..

Mr. Know It All - Mid-tempo, a little understated, but no less powerful than what we have come to expect from Kelly. Her vocals are strong, sassy lyrics, perfect first single to get everyone prepared for the even greater hits to come.

What Doesn't Kill You (Stronger) - The confirmed 2nd single and another empowerment anthem. One of the best tracks on the album, it is reminiscent of Since U Been Gone, it makes you want to sing-along, jump, and dance around as she starts the chorus "You tried to break me but you'll see..what doesn't kill you makes you stronger!"

Dark Side - Another mid-tempo track warning of a darker side of herself and asking the guy to embrace her, flaws and all.

Honestly - A somber ballad, Kelly has kind of an edge of desperation in her voice as she tells the guy to judge her, love her, hate her, whatever, just as long as you've got the guts to do it honestly.

You Love Me - A very intense pop track, it is a little 80's tinged, but not in a bad way. It's lyrics are heartbreaking and breathtaking, it is an immediate standout on the album, and one of my favorites.

Einstein - Fun, kinda childish pop track with the diss "dumb + dumb = you" included.

Standing in Front of You - A slow ballad with country/rock vibes to it, it feels a little lackluster compared to the first six tracks, but it does provide a little bit of a breather from the dark, scorned, vengeful, and intense verses of previous tracks.

I Forgive You - It opens with "I forgive you, I forgive me/Now when do I start to feel again?" suggesting forgiveness may not be as easy as it seems. The stacked vocal harmonies really make the track.

Hello - A great vocal highlight, its a bouncy pop song with hand claps included. The sound of the song is a lot lighter than the lyrics would suggest.

The War is Over - Perhaps my favorite ballad on the album, it is a striking song marked by its pummeling drums and lovely layered vocals. "Already Gone"'s presence is felt.

Let Me Down - Crackling rocky pop with a massive chorus, has definite single potential.

You Can't Win - Another favorite of mine, may come as whiny and self-pitying to some but it comes off as honest and powerful to me. Definite highlight.

Breaking Your Own Heart - A kind of country, soft rock power ballad, it's not my favorite but Kelly sounds lovely on it.

Don't You Wanna Stay - The hit duet from last year, it doesn't really mesh well with the rest of the album, but Kelly shows off her versatility.

Alone - I love this song, one of the best on the album and definitely worth buying the deluxe edition for. The chorus makes me want to get up and shout it out loud along with Kelly "Cause when I'm with you I'm alone!"

Don't Be a Girl About It - A funky pop track that is similar to 'I Do Not Hook Up' with a catchier chorus.

The Sun Will Rise - Moody, midtempo duet with former Idol judge, Kara DioGuardi. Pleasant closing to the album.

Overall this is an awesomely crafted, total Kelly Clarkson experience of an album, it is everything I could have hoped for from her. Her vocals shine, production shines, it is like Breakaway mixed with All I Ever Wanted.

Favorite tracks: What Doesn't Kill You(Stronger), You Love Me, You Can't Win, Alone
11 comment|86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 30, 2011
Thank you for your support of Ron Paul. It amazes me that all the things that were brought up as reasons for not following you any longer were all based on bogus information. Stick to your guns Ms. Clarkson. Say what you believe and not what everyone WANTS you to believe. I purchased this album to support your right to say what you really mean. I hope we can get you to #1.
on December 29, 2011
Thank you for supporting Ron Paul,just for that we are putting together a Kelly Clarkson Money bomb on facebook, Our goal is to put Miss Clarkson at #1 in sales as a show of our love for her taking a stand and not letting ANYONE sway her love of Ron Paul!.

Thank you Kelly!.,Kenny Clark,Red Bluff California
3434 comments|523 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 29, 2011
I have always liked kelly Clarkson but never owned a cd of hers. I probably wouldnt have bought this except for the fact that she is taking a lot of flak for endorsing Ron Paul. I want to show some support. I know I'm not the only one grateful for anyone willing to take some heat for caring about the fate of our wonderful country that has fallen into the hands of madmen. Thanks Kelly.
0Comment|162 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 30, 2011
kelley clarkson is my new hero. a rare breed!!! a celebrity that actually puts the importance of Americas future before her musical career.

"In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot."

Mark Twain
on December 30, 2011
Thank you, Miss Clarkson for your recent support of Ron Paul. You expressed yourself freely and honestly and when some chose to attack your beliefs, you responded with dignity. Freedom of expression means respecting another's opinion even if it doesn't happen to agree with your own, a point you made very well. I have downloaded your album on iTunes and also purchased the cd -- not as a political statement, but in support of your courage and class. Thank you for your fine example.

Liberty, Prosperity, Peace.
Ron Paul 2012
on December 30, 2011
I have never bought a Kelly Clarkson album, and probably do not even know any of her songs. However, I just bought 10 copies of this CD to prove to the establishment that it cannot mess with an idea whose time has come. Kelly may not have realized the risk she was taking in challenging the very establishment that perhaps created her, but a hero is a hero, accidental or not. Ron Paul 2012.
0Comment|136 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 30, 2011
I've always thought you were a great talent but never bought any of your music before.
I am doing it to say thank you for your support of Ron Paul and the liberty movement.
I hope you can help educate some of your detractors...that is what we are all doing
in our own ways!! It is SO important to stand up for your beliefs! Thanks again.
on December 30, 2011
You seem to know what is right.

I'll tell my friends to buy your songs.

Keep up.. Let's protect our Liberty!
0Comment|137 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 30, 2011
Kelly is STRONG for liberty!

I found out that Ron paul people were getting behind her
and her 'right' to express her opinion and I didn't
think twice about buying her CD.

Ron Paul 2012