Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing May4th

on June 21, 2011
I recently reviewed Miklal Software Solutions Strong's Greek Dictionary of the Bible for Kindle, and I must say the Hebrew dictionary is just as impressive. Like their Strong's Greek Dictionary, Miklal Software Solutions Strong's Hebrew Dictionary of the Bible is also available for nook.

I've always said that Strong's dictionaries are must-have tools for Bible study. Miklal Software Solutions offers Strong's Hebrew Dictionary, a perfect complement to their Strong's Greek Dictionary, providing yet another must-have tool in e-book format.

Navigation is among the best on Kindle. Rather than being read in sequence, reference works such as this have a challenge in making navigation simple enough to make it useful. Like their Strong's Greek Dictionary, Miklal Software Solutions delivers again with their simple but powerful navigation system. The first is a table of contents that provides the Hebrew alphabet and the Strong's numbers for each letter. Selecting the letter provides the next level of screens, which provides two letters and the Strong's numbers related to those numbers. Another type of navigation is done through hyperlinks within the text. If you know the Strong's number you're looking for, simply type the letter `h' and the Strong's number. This will take you directly to the definition you want. You can also search for the transliterated word (ex: Elohim). Quick and easy.

Miklal Software Solutions has done an excellent job in developing Strong's Hebrew Dictionary of the Bible for Kindle. It is easy to navigate and the Hebrew text looks great. I recommend Strong's Hebrew Dictionary of the Bible for Kindle even if you don't have a Kindle, because it works great on the Kindle app. Along with MSS's Strong's Greek Dictionary, it's another must-own app for your Bible study needs.

Miklal Software Solutions provided this review copy for free. I was not required to give a positive review- only an honest review.
44 comments|57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 30, 2011
I typed in the word I was looking for and the short definition popped up. I clicked it and it went directly to the longer version of the word's definition. Exactly what I needed to write my papers for ordination.
on January 5, 2012
the Old Testament is wonderful reading, but it's even better when you have this as a reference and resource right next to it. strongly recommend having this for the next time you want to read the Torah
on March 2, 2012
After teaching myself Hebrew using Hebrew4Christians.com I needed a tool to increase my vocabulary. This is the perfect tool for that purpose!!! There are many other tools from Strong as well that I would highly recommend. I have the Tanach from HebrewWorld.com and I am now reading this Hebrew Bible in its original language!!!
on December 29, 2012
My best friend's husband always wanted to learn Hebrew and is very keen on Hebrew meanings in the Bible, so I thought this would be a great gift for him.

When the book arrived, it was BIG! I was so excited. Didn't expect that.

When I opened it, Oh my goodness! The writing may as well be billboards for ants! It is ridiculously small and compact and hard to make out the letters and read. I have 20/40 vision and I couldn't look at it for long. He wears his wife's glasses, so you know this is a challenge.

I had no time to send it back and try to look for another one. The first and only comment he made after opening it was, how was he going to read it.
on September 14, 2012
Easy search, I like that I just put the word or word no. I'm searching for and it does the work for me. Clearly this really helps when you are looking into the Hebrew for a better understanding. A must have if you are looking to understand Hebrew.
on January 28, 2013
I love Strong's and have used it forever. This is handy to have on my Kindle so I do not have to lug the huge books somewhere. I love to study God's Word in the original languages and this is always a great help.
on June 4, 2012
The STrongs Hebrew Dictionary of the Bible is a must have for the serious Bible student. It brings the words in the Old Testament to life in a more detailed manner that simply expands one's understanding of the Bible.
on November 21, 2015
This is a review of the Kindle version, being used on my Note 3 phone.

I give it five stars, even though the content isn't perfect, and using this Kindle version on my phone also isn't perfect BUT, the content is pretty great, and the convenience of having Strong's Hebrew Dictionary of the Bible on my phone is really unsurpassed, given that I paid about $2 for it!

There are weird technical glitches, and I had to learn to do some odd work-arounds in order to have the Kindle formatting and searching work on my phone, but given that I was able to manage these work-arounds, I'm happy with it.

Yes, you can only easily look up the first two letters of a word, and have to scroll from there, but that's not too bad, considering if you had a paper book, you'd be doing more work.

I do wish that it included more words that are grammatically different, given that on occasion I have not recognized the root of a word, and found that I was trying to look it up by its prefix, or by a different initial consonant. I'd love an expanded electronic version where I could look up a conjugated word, and have the dictionary tell me what the conjugation means (for an overly simple example, "he will make" or "he did make").

The breadth of possible etymologies of the words has proven quite useful, and I'm enjoying using this dictionary to consider meanings of Torah that are deeper or more multi-layered than any single English translation of Torah.
on February 3, 2014
STRONG'S HEBREW DICTIONARY OF THE BIBLE by James Strong is tricky to navigate for a couple of different reasons. First and foremost, it IS NOT an English dictionary that gives the Hebrew definitions. To look up a word, you have to know the Hebrew spelling, and then you have to locate the first and second letter combinations in the book's front menu in order to link to the word's definitive conclusion. At first glance, this doesn't sound like a big deal, but if you are unfamiliar with Hebrew (as I am) it is often difficult to distinquish between letters due to slight variations between the letters AND how they're written. So it is laborious for a person starting to study the Hebrew definitions but learnable. However, this was personally too time consuming for me to be a very effective way to use with Bible study.

Additionally the other drawback is the Kindle navigation. It is duly noted that this book was published 5/14/2011 and the first Kindle Fire was not released until 11/15/2011. So it is not the publisher's fault for some of the navigation issues you can run into. That being said, if you have a Kindle Touch or one with 5-way navigation, you're at least better off than if you're using the Fire. Since the older models at least enable you to move from chapter to chapter, and the Fire doesn't. Also in the older Kindle models, you could type the letter h plus Strong's four digit code and navigate directly to a particular glossary entry. For example I was researching the word peace. Couldn't figure out how to find the word through the first two Hebrew letters, but I did run across a website that had Strong's 4 digit code for the word listed. So I wanted to read more. However, Kindle Fire doesn't allow any alpha letters in the search function. It only accommodates numerical entries of either the location or page number. So I ended up guessing at location numbers and paging until I got where I wanted to be, but it took an excessive length of time. By the time I got where I needed to be, I'd forgotten what I was even studying to begin with. SO I went hunting for a better solution. None of the Hebrew or Greek dictionaries listed appeared to be any better, but I did find a KJV Bible with Strong's Markup and Dictionary that is at least faster to navigate. Every single word is underlined and linked to it's Hebrew/Greek meaning. This exact dictionary (as well as Strong's Greek Dictionary) are included in the Bible purchase. Note some reviewers of this particular Bible are still dissatisfied because the definitions are not an exhaustive search, but it sure is a lot better than do-it-yourself searching through the dictionaries for beginners. Admittedly, it's not a perfect solution, but it's workable until the dictionaries are updated to Kindle Fire functions and updated versions are released.