5.0 out of 5 stars An Exuberant Eye Catcher
I was afraid that my 2 year old would run all over the theatre. Boy, I was Wrong. She laughed just like she understood everything. The animation was superb as well as the screen play. The whole family enjoyed and I would watch it more than once.
Published on March 14, 2000 by lrowe1@hotmail.com

1.0 out of 5 stars Way too coarse and perilous
Show this movie to little kids? I don't think so. I wouldn't even show this to a ten-year-old, unless I wanted him to walk around saying "damn" and "what the hell" all day long.

Published on June 16, 2009 by M. Heiss

5.0 out of 5 stars An Exuberant Eye Catcher, March 14, 2000

5.0 out of 5 stars A real Child stopper, April 3, 2000
My kids love this movie and I anticpate I put this on for them while I cook and they will be glued to the tube. As an adult I loved this film The Graphics were great and very realistic. It had drama, it had action and I just loved snowball. You should at least buy this one for the kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful family entertainment, March 7, 2000
This review is from: Stuart Little [VHS] (VHS Tape)
Stuart Little is one of those rare films that the entire family can watch and enjoy together. Children will be completely enthralled and adults will alternately laugh uncontrollably and wipe away the odd sentimental tear.
The basic plot revolves around the Little family, who adopt Stuart (a mouse) despite warnings to "adopt within your own species."
The computer-generated animation is flawless, and those with pet cats or rodents will share a knowing smile or two as the watch their pets' various personalities acted out on the screen.
The plot may be silly, sappy and somewhat simplistic, but your entire family will love to watch this film again and again as Stuart and his friends scamper into and sometimes across your heart. A wonderful film for everyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars CHARMING, April 18, 2000
R. Penola (NYC, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stuart Little [VHS] (VHS Tape)
Though it strays considerably from the classic book, Stuart Little is nonetheless a terrific children's movie, specifically young children between say, 3 and 7 or 8. Slow-moving at times for adults, I admired the filmmakers for deliberately crafting a wonderfully imagined movie that is never TOO scary or TOO loud or TOO disturbing for the youngest viewers in the audience. There are not enough of these movies today, the kind of movies that draw youngsters into the theatre to experience the joy of movie-going with an audience. The familial message is warmly relayed, and the movie's New York City is alternately delightfully whimsical and just scary enough in the nighttime Central Park scenes. The special effects simply amaze you, and the vocal antics of Nathan Lane will make you laugh out loud, regardless of your age.

4.0 out of 5 stars Adoption message, April 11, 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Stuart Little [VHS] (VHS Tape)
This is a fun, wholesome movie. It also provides a starting point for discussing adoption with children. Even if children aren't adopted, they will certainly meet others who are. This movie presents adoption in a positive light, an attitude which I believe even young children can begin to emulate.

4.0 out of 5 stars Add a "Little" Stuart to Your Life, April 20, 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Stuart Little [VHS] (VHS Tape)
What a wonderful "little" movie about adoption, love, friendship, and loyalty. Fun for all ages. Michael J. Fox and Nathan Lane's voice-over work is top rate. Let Stuart come into your heart and home. You'll be glad you did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Something is wrong with his review.., March 21, 2000
"drq012" (N.A., N.A. Singapore) - See all my reviews
First and foremost, this is a show that's meant to be enjoyable, simple and fun and not to invoke deep thinking about why would the parents adopt a mouse when they have a boy.. Hello.. if we are to take things so logically and seriously all the time, why in the first place is this mouse talking? Some times I think a movie does not need to give a reason why-is-what but rather just tell it's story and if it flows well and is enjoyable, we have a winner.

4.0 out of 5 stars The mouse is real, yes?, May 1, 2000
This reminds me of the old black and white movies (starring Jimmy Stewart or some such). It is so heart warming I will not have to wear a vest this summer (this is the UK).
What a delightful little film. It totally entranced my six and seven year old kids and it was all I could do not to keep the tears from streaming. Boy wants a younger son, parents adopt mouse, boy gets disappointed but mouse and boy become best friends. Mouse's parents come to get him, everyone sad, turns out to be a set up, mouse escapes. Happy ending where even the treacherous cat ends up being a goodie.
The CGI is amazing. The mouse (Stuart), his parents and the talking cats are superbly well done. The little kid (Jonathon Lipnicki) is just as good as he was in Jerry Maguire. Geena Davis and Hugh Laurie do not really have to do much - but they do the clean living caring parents to a tee.
There are some good laughs and some great cameos (watch out for Stuart's 'parents) but where the DVD comes into its own is in all the extras you get. There are music videos, out takes, deleted scenes. storyboards. You name it, the DVD has got it.
I strongly recommend you buy this and watch it over and over. Watch out for the boat race and for the screen tests.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best films of 1999!, May 6, 2000
Randy (''''''''''''') - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stuart Little [VHS] (VHS Tape)
Now, I'm a 13 year old boy and you'd probably think that I would rather watch some action movie, but I like many different kinds of movies. But not kids movies. There was only 4 good kids movies in 1999 that I liked: The Iron Giant, Tarzan(I like all Disney movies, I can't help it, I love them), Toy Story 2 and Stuart Little. I was on spring break watching End of Days on my couch and then my brother came home. He went to watch Stuart Little in his room, which I got for him to watch. Well End of Days finished about 10 minutes after that so I went to ask my brother about his day and then sat down and watched the movie. I really liked it. The cat was the best of course and he had the best lines. After it, I got the Widescreen DVD and found alot of cool extra features. The script was great I thought so when I was watching the DVD and looking at the Cast and Crew, I found out that M. Night Shyamalan wrote it. He was the director and, well, creator of The Sixth Sense, one of the best films of the Decade. If you are going to get Stuart Little, get it in DVD.

1.0 out of 5 stars Way too coarse and perilous, June 16, 2009
This review is from: Stuart Little (Deluxe Edition) (DVD)

Stuart Little (the book) is enchanting. This movie is foul. Let's set aside for a moment that the plot of the movie is unrelated to the book. The movie as it stands does not measure up to what it could have been.

Poor Stuart is so pitiful and miserable through 75% of the movie. Wasted potential.

I wish it could have been a movie to love. The visuals and the animation, the settings, costumes, and characters (apart from the cats) are so, so good. But the trash-talking cats and the pathetic loneliness of the main character undo all the positives. No thanks.

Stuart Little (Deluxe Edition)
Stuart Little (Deluxe Edition) by Rob Minkoff (DVD - 2002)
$14.99 $6.70