Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Stuart Weitzman Women's 5050 Over-the-Knee Boot,Black Nappa,8.5 M US
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: 8.5 B(M) US|Color: Black Nappa|Change

on November 7, 2014
[EDIT: I thought I'd move this part to the top as it may be helpful to some, although it was added more as an afterthought.]
Since I've owned the other pair of 5050s for a year, here are some tips from personal experience for new 5050 lovers who can still find a good quality pair (you may have better luck with leather than with suede) but find it difficult to get in and out of this style:

1. The easiest way to put on the 5050 boots, as conterintuitive as it may seem, is to remain in standing position when you do so. Your body weight will be working for you as you step down into the boot, and you wouldn't have to pull like crazy the way you would if you were sitting.

2. The easiest way to take off the 5050 boots is to roll down the top (turning it inside out from the top and peel half way down) before pulling out your foot.

[And here's the main review.]

Last year (late 2013) I splurged on my first pair of 5050 boots, a gorgeous pair in softest black nappa leather. When I tried them on at the store, I also lusted over the cola (brown) suede version which felt like caressing butter in my hand - but of course, at this price I couldn't get two pairs in a row and decided on just the black ones (see, I was being "sensible" lol).

I couldn't put them out of my mind though, and kept checking back - the cola suede ones became unavailable for months on end in my size, and when I saw them return this fall (2014), I was overjoyed and could no longer resist ordering them.

When I finally got them though... WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT! While the cut/style remains the same 5050, this year's suede material is thicker and much more stiff, nowhere near as luxurious as before (which was how it should be considering the price tag). Even the box they come in is shorter this year, with the boot shaft folded in half to fit inside, as opposed to the extra-long box of last year that accommodated the full length of the OTK 5050s. I feel that they have skimped on the quality while raising the already sky-high list price by another forty dollars.

Sorry Stuart W, it's just unacceptable and these are going back. To be fair, the quality is not bad and the style is fabulous as always. But for a luxury product at this price point, I expect nothing less than exceptional quality - else we could just go for the Franco Sarto or other boots of similar style at less than a quarter of the price.
22 comments| 78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 8, 2013
Pros:
*These are by far the most comfortable pair of boots I've ever owned. I like wearing flip flops even in winter because I find every shoe/boot to be uncomfortable. These feel amazing.
*The leather feels like butter.
*You can dress them up or down depending on your outfit; super versatile.
*Perfect height; I'm 5'4 and they hit exactly above my knee.
Cons:
*I have skinny ankles; i don't like how slouchy they get. They get extra bunched up around my ankles and I notice myself puling them up every half hour.
*Because the leather is so soft, they start to look worn-in/used after just a few wears. It may not be a con for you, but I like it when things still look new.
*Of course the price is pretty high.

I'm adding a picture incase any one would like to see how they look on an average person.
review image
on January 11, 2011
Wifey has been lusting for these 5050s for a while. I picked up a pair of the black suede ones she wanted as a Christmas gift, and she couldn't be happier. No, really! Apparently, they fit like a glove, are extremely comfortable, and look great. I've gotta agree... her legs go on forever in these, and that's perfectly fine with me. Happy wife, happy life. Ho Ho Ho!
on November 13, 2012
My calf is HUGE!!! I really loved this item after reading all kinds of good reviews. I was like wtever, let me order it and lets see if it fits. IT FITS!!!SURPRISINGLY!! The stretchy back is really stretchy! I cant tell you how happy I was! Even though it was hard to put on and take them off, once you have done it, you would smile!! LOVE LOVE!! I got it when theres 20% off + TAX free!! A HUGE PLUS!
66 comments| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 7, 2015
I have to give one star because it's the worst bootshopping experience I've ever had. It's a $500 boots and it tears at the back when i tried to put it on the SECOND day! Wtf!
review image
on March 1, 2015
I ordered these and they did not come in the nice, deep blue Stuart Weitzman shoe box, but instead arrived in a plain brown box with no shipping label. I thought it was odd. Were these knock-offs? The shoes seemed like the real thing and had Stuart Weitzman soles and "made in Spain" on the bottom, but for the price I'd like to have been sure that they weren't a cheaper version of the 50/50 boot. They were a little loose and saggy in the ankles so I returned them.
on September 8, 2010
I am so glad I purchased this boot! The suede is so soft, and the stretchy material in the back is awesome for people with larger calves.
on March 23, 2015
These will only fit those women with very narrow calves. I am 5'6 and 125 lbs with average sized calves - while these fit with tights I could barely get them on with skinny jeans and they pressed uncomfortably into my calves - I had to take them off right away. What a disappointment because they are beautiful.
on November 23, 2013
I finally gave in and bought the black napa leather and the topo/taupe suede boots after eyeing them for the past 2 years. They are so comfortable and look great. The leather is so soft like the ones on fine leather jackets. The suede is so soft and feels great as well. I am 5'2" and they go just above my knees at a good height that I like. I typically wear a size 7.5-8 in most shoes/boots but got this in a size 7. I tried other less expensive look- a-likes but none comes to this quality and comfort.
on April 9, 2015
I've been watching and waiting for these boots to go on sale. When they were under $500 I didn't wait any longer. At first I was very disappointed as they arrived in a plain brown box. Petty, I know, but when you pay hundreds of dollars for a pair of boots you expect them to come in the SW purple box! Anyway, I complained to Amazon and they immediately mailed me another pair in the purple box. All is good in boot heaven now. :D. They are beautiful and comfortable. I usually wear a size 8 but got a 7.5 in these and they fit great! Now I'll just have to wait for another sale to get another color.....