Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Stuck with a Stiff (The Stuck with a Series Book 1)
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on December 26, 2012
This was a great read and I have bought the rest of the Maddie Winston Mysteries series. The humour is fastpaced and hilarious. If you like Gemma Hallidays Maddie Springer you will love Maddie Winston.
on May 30, 2013
Easy to read with lots of humor. I would have give five stars except there were a few too many characters to keep up with. The settings were delightful, humor was subtle and blatant throughout the book. The plot was not difficult nor serious, the ending was fun. What a kick!
on August 2, 2013
This book was cute, short, funny and thankfully free. The constant change in point of view was an annoying distraction, and confusing at times. It was also confusing when the Mom Squad came in. Not having read any of those books, they were more problematic than helpful. I find it hard to believe any police officer would accept their breaking and entering, and mob help, to solve a crime. And what was up with the jurisdictional issues? The Indiana county police investigated in another county. THEN, as if that weren't bad enough, they ended up in Chicago and New York. Talk about jurisdiction problems and admissibilty issues. I can't remember the last time a book cause me to roll my eyes this much. I personally like to read more realistic offerings, so I don't see me checking out any more books by this particular author. I don't mind cozy, but I do mind juvenile, and this crossed that line from cozy to juvenile. I need a bit more than cute.
on July 8, 2013
This is a page-turner as tension mounts between Samantha and Nick. Nick's plans to make Valentines Day unforgettable for Samantha are foiled when his professional rival is found dead on his property. The arrival of an attractive sherrif, Samantha's crime-solving hobby and a shifty agent, Stuck With a Stiff reads like a game of clue. If that isn't enough to capture your interest, add Beulah, a black angus cow Nick inherited from his father. Beulah loves nothing more than to escape her confines and head to greener pastures. The comic relief provided by a cow is not only unique but clever and well-timed. Stuck With a Stiff is another home-run by D.D. Scott.
on December 26, 2012
I love all her books and this series does not disappoint! I can't wait to read the next one right now..lol!I was very happy with the purchase of this book. It was a very good read; it kept me on my toes and wanting more. There was a lot of action that made me not want to put the book down. The characters and plot were very well developed right from the beginning chapter and it made my imagination run wild throughout the entire story. The steamy intimate scenes were very well played out and did not leave me hanging or missing in any way. The length of the book was appropriate and it did not feel as though it was rushed or cut off at the end of the story. There were many surprises that I liked so that the book was not predictable so that I did not get bored. I was introduced to many different aspects of intimacy and surprisingly I really liked it and wasn't scared away from it. By the end of the book I was really attached to the characters and wanted them to continue like a life movie. I think that this book would make a really good movie. This author really knows how to draw you in and not want to put the book down at all. I read it very fast because of it, but in a good way. I can't wait to read another book from this author, definitely saved as my favorite author on Amazon so it will notify me when more books come out.
on December 16, 2013
This was a mystery that kind of reminds me of a show on TV call, Castle. Instead of a detective and a writer, we have a writer and his editor who try to find out who killed a competing author and left him on his property. Humor is laced throughout the story, sometimes corny,looking forward to the next mystery.
on January 4, 2013
This book has both humor, and romance. However it is mainly a mystery. I enjoyed the characters. Even the crazy aunt
and her adventures.
on January 11, 2013
I liked it,just the right amount of mystery and romance, plus it was any easy weekend read. I would select this author's books again.
on June 26, 2013
This book to me has fantastic potential, the idea behind it is good and its we'll written. The problem I had is I wanted to get hooked by the characters and I just didn't. I feel like there should have been a bit more depth to the characters, something more substantial that makes me feel like I know them and look forward to seeing them when I open the book. Instead I could not really form any opinions on the characters, I don't not like them but I can't tell you what I like about them. I would read another book in the series but hope I'm not going to be disappointed by shallow characters.
on August 2, 2013
Stuck with a Stiff is just as it sounds, "freakin funny!" A little bit of mystery mashed with a whole lot of comedy is a sure win here! Definitely a series I'm officially hooked on- Thank You!:)