BusinessSolutions Best Books of the Month Shop Men's Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Joe Bonamassa All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Save on DIY Home Updates Amazon Gift Card Offer jrscwrld jrscwrld jrscwrld  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Fall Arrivals in Amazon Outdoor Clothing Kids Halloween

Stuck on the "high" of emotionally unavailable people

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 22, 2007 8:50:29 AM PDT
Even when we intellectually understand and accept that we are getting involved with the emotionally unavailable person how do we emotionally accept it and grow to be able to find more balanced folk interesting/stimulating enough to hold our interests?

Posted on Feb 23, 2009 7:53:51 AM PST
I'm looking for a book on this very subject - why some women are attracted to wealthy, powerful, charming, sometimes married men who are emotionally unavailable and why this pattern tends to repeat itself. Specifically, I'm looking for a resource which identifies this behavior and then offers solutions to change it.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2009 9:47:37 AM PDT
Try this Ray: Emotional Unavailability : Recognizing It, Understanding It, and Avoiding Its Trap

It discusses an example of exactly this behavior.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2013 10:35:44 AM PST
I'd recommend 2 great books:
"He's Scared, She's Scared: Understanding the Hidden Fears That Sabotage Your Relationships" by Steven Carter and Julia Sokol (Jan 2, 1995)
and: The Betrayal Bond: Breaking Free of Exploitive Relationships by Patrick Carnes Ph.D.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Jun 22, 2007
Latest post:  Nov 20, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about