5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT!
Published on August 2, 2012 by Love.Simply86

Published 6 months ago by Miranda Mafera

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT!, August 2, 2012
This review is from: Studebaker SB6051 Wooden Turntable with AM/FM Radio (Electronics)
I was looking for a Birthday gift for my boyfriend who mentioned he wanted a vinyl record player some time ago. This product was absolutely PERFECT. It's more beautiful than the pictures, Very easy to use and Sounds great (Nice & loud). He loved the simplicity and classy vintage look. It has outputs in the back if you want to Add speakers which is a geat bonus! I would definitely recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Piece, July 11, 2012
This record player is everything I wanted it to be. It has a built-in radio, while keeping the vintage look that isn't over the top. Plays all size vinyls very well, and it still keeps a little bit of that retro sound. Also, to whoever said it doesn't get very loud, I can hear it throughout my entire house just fine. Not to mention you can hook it up to speakers, if needed. Last, it shipped quickly and safely. I would recommend this to anyone interested in purchasing a turntable!

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Good, September 9, 2011
Nice-looking case (pressed wood, not plastic). A very basic record player. Sounds much better than I expected. The slightly tinny sound (along with the pops and crackles from old LP record scratches) renders a nostalgic flavor to the listening experience . With its clean lines framing a cherry finish, this fairly compact turntable would look great in either a traditional or a modern decor.
Got mine online elsewhere (starts w/ "o" and rhymes with clock) for $69.

3.0 out of 5 stars At first he liked it, even though he said the sound quality ..., August 15, 2014
Bought this as a birthday gift for my boyfriend. He is a musician and does a solid amount of work in the studio mixing down recordings so he definitely has an ear for audio. At first he liked it, even though he said the sound quality wasn't excellent, but pretty nice. After several months (8/9?) the speakers are shot.. To the point that I, with hardly any ear for audio, cannot stand the buzzing sound that ruins the music. It's very attractive and I guess if you don't plan on using it very often, it might be ok, but the one I bought was no good anymore after less than 1 year.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work. Returned, July 5, 2014
Received it and was a little disappointed with the wood and quality, but for $89 it was expected. The first day it worked well. I listened to several records. The sound quality was ok, not great, but expected for since they are little cheap speakers.

The second day the sound didn't work. It would play records but the sound was nothing higher than a whisper. I even tried to plug in new speakers, but that didn't work. So, I returned it and got a refund.

Now gonna look for a new, better quality player.

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely a great record player., September 23, 2013
CLove 540 (Twentynine Palms, California) - See all my reviews
First off the record player looks great. It's got a classic look to it which i really like. The sound quality on it is pretty good as well. It's definitely worth the money that you're paying. It has the ability to plug in external speakers but you really don't need them. If you want it loud you can have it loud. I don't really use the radio portion of the record player. Overall I'm happy with my purchase. My only complaint is they could include at least an extra needle. That's about it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Should have done more research, January 16, 2014
The advertisement online said it was made from real wood. That was far from the truth. More like pressed cardboard. It played records ok for about 2 hours and then would play slow then fast. We tried plugging it in to a different outlet, but it would never play the records correctly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Like the speakers, January 4, 2013
I must've read the description wrong, but I thought this was real wood. It's made out of particle board and a wood-looking laminate. The sound is really good though, and I love that there is an AM/FM radio.

It's perfect for the price, and I would recommend to someone looking for a simple record player.

3.0 out of 5 stars could be louder, July 10, 2013
there is not the volume capacity I would like. It's ok, but doesn't get very loud.
It has a nice wooden case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, January 1, 2013
Read other reviews and chose this one - glad I did! We love it and our parents are going crazy over it! Good for anyone. Easy to use

Studebaker SB6051 Wooden Turntable with AM/FM Radio