5.0 out of 5 stars Macking Eco
The seller deserves stars.

Perhaps the seller should get five stars for keeping this book in excellent condition, but the notes didn't exclusively say that myeconlab was not included for persons who don't know what they're buying.

Published on January 28, 2011 by FibroidsFighter

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected.
I had paid to get the book WITH the MyEcoLab access code.
Published on May 13, 2012 by JEI

5.0 out of 5 stars Macking Eco, January 28, 2011
The seller deserves stars.

I wasn't previously familiar with O'brien's Macroeconomics, so I didn't know what to expect. I didn't know that I would have needed to purchase the access code in additon to the book, considering that the displayed title, here, is "Macroeconomics & MyEconLab Student Access Code Card." The seller stressed that only the book was for sale, but how was I supposed to have known that the seller wasn't making reference to software. As far as I now know, the code should be included, but not in the case of a used book. For this reason, the seller gets three stars. Live and learn!

This book is worth it.

Thus far, I'm on chapter three. I find this book to be very informative. If each student read Macroeconomics from cover to cover, I'm sure they could easily become economists--the book is that user friendly.

You would suppose that someone taking an economics class is math savvy. Well, Hubbard and O'brien don't make any assumptions. They fully explains all the discrete mathematical operations for all. Maybe they should name the book "Macroeconomics for Dummies," but whose idea was that? Forget about it! The face of the book implies simplicity without insulting its readers. Sorry! I didn't mean to stray.

Even if you're in doubt about any aspect of Macroeconomics, once you purchase their "MyEconLab Code" you will have limited access (not more than 1 year) for additional help. And if you still don't understand how to graph or create pie charts for example, you could select the "Ask your instructor" icon for further assistance providing that you are not working independently. In that case, maybe you could contact Pearson directly.

Overall, you may conclude that Hubbard and O'brien's Macroeconomics is an easy-read to enter it with a positive attitude, but the totality of the subject could be tricky, even confusing--like English.

I'm contributing this bit of information not only to offer my 'five-cents,' but also to equip you with basic information to aid in a wise decision, and hopefully relax your mind about poor perceptions you may have about macroeconomics...

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected., May 13, 2012
I had paid to get the book WITH the MyEcoLab access code.
I saw the price and it was cheaper than the price with others and I thought I had a good deal. Next thing I know, after purchasing the product, I only got the myecolab access code through the mail and then I noticed how I did not get the book that I paid for. I read the paper that had details on it that came in with the mail, under comments it said "Book is not included."
I am very pissed off because according to the title it said "Macroeconomics & MyEconLab Student Access Code Card (3rd Edition)[Paperback].
Law Street Books should have made the comment big and clear along with the title like some other sellers did. NOW I have to go buy the book itself, and I need the book for school.

Thanks so much for the hassle Law Street Book, I will not order any product from this seller even if the price is cheap because I feel I have been cheated, I rather pay more knowing that I am going to get what ordered.

Thank you.

4.0 out of 5 stars I am happy with it, access code didn't work., February 9, 2014
The access code did't work, but the book is fine. I received a extra discount for the code, witch made it a great bargain.

4.0 out of 5 stars good, although it was expensive, October 16, 2010
The book is prety good, and it is very clear and easy to understand. The pass code for "My ECN Lab" is good, too. I mean not the code good, the Lab is good. Our teacher let us to do the HW online, and you can try at most 3 times, isn't that good? well, of course it was expensive¨r(¨s¨¨t)¨q