5.0 out of 5 stars A must have
Published on January 15, 2012 by tyanderson91

3.0 out of 5 stars Quick shipping but not so great solutions manual
Published on July 23, 2010 by Mark A. Evans

3.0 out of 5 stars Quick shipping but not so great solutions manual, July 23, 2010
Mark A. Evans (Alpharetta, Georgia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Student Solutions Manual for Physics for Scientists and Engineers: A Strategic Approach Vol 2 (Chs 20-43) (Paperback)
I bought this for a summer class that I was taking at a local community college. I'm an ex Mercer University student and now a Georgia Tech student and solutions manuals have, in my class with terrible professors, helped me to teach myself the material but this solutions manual didn't help me do that. Thank god I had a very knowledgeable and good professor. I don't think this is a very good solutions manual because the author of the solutions manual picked and chose random problems to do. The problems they choose are often the easiest. They definitely don't do any of the hardest ones though. At the end of all the chapter problems there are challenge questions but the solutions manual never does those which are the type of questions the toughest professors ask.
I only gave it the three stars because the problems they do explain they explain very well, including telling which equation (by number labeled in the book) they used so its easy to find that equation in the book. If they did every odd problem or at least some challenge problems this would be a pretty decent solutions manual.
All in all this book can not do the teaching of Physics 2 (electricity and magnetism). I hope you are naturally good at physics, have a great professor, or both. Otherwise I recommend you get a Cramster account and pay for that instead of getting this solutions manual. I ended up buying both because I expected more from the solutions manual than I actually got and needed some help with some of the homework questions.
If you're looking at this book good luck with electricity and magnetism, its tough and brings back all the math from Calc 2 and 3.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money, October 24, 2008
If you feel like getting royally ripped off, buy this book. When one thinks of buying a typical student solutions manual, one expects to get answers for all of the odd problems. Not in this ramshackle excuse for a solutions manual. Whoever wrote it decided they would skip huge numbers of problems at a time, as many as 20, and yes, those ARE ODD PROBLEMS!!! Best of all, they decided they could make more money by dividing their book into two editions in order to better suck money out of the poor college student needing help. My advice, if you have a tutor available at your school, USE IT. They will save you time and money. Buy the book if you want, it is your money after all.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible investment, January 25, 2013
This book is terrible....student solutions manual only has every fourth problem...maybe....definitely doesn't help if they aren't the ones you are assigned. Even using available solutions as examples didn't work.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have, January 15, 2012
I can honestly say that this solutions manual is what got me through Physics II in college. This was one of my hardest classes, and I could not have gotten an A without countless hours of practice problems. If you are willing to put in the time and the work, I can guarantee that the countless solutions found in this book will raise your grade. The book itself is a great source for understanding the concepts, but this solutions manual is a fantastic supplement when it comes to solving problems. This is well worth what I paid for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars good, August 28, 2011
Jorge Perez (FLOWER MOUND, TX, US) - See all my reviews
Student study package Physics on collages to understand and develop of the function that stud dens need in today class

$49.60 $38.35