- Product Dimensions: 14 x 2.6 x 21 inches
- Shipping Weight: 4.6 pounds
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Shipping Advisory: This item must be shipped separately from other items in your order. Additional shipping charges will not apply.
- ASIN: B000S10N2G
- Item model number: T454
- Average Customer Review: 84 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #143,320 in Arts, Crafts & Sewing (See Top 100 in Arts, Crafts & Sewing) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
Tonic Studios Guillotine Paper Trimmer 12-Inch-by-12-Inch
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Portable, compact, and lightweight
- Large base allows a full work surface for 12-inch by 12-inch scrapbook pages
- Stainless steel blade for a clean, straight cut
- Imported item
- 12-Inch trimmer with large 12-inch base
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
The main reason I switched was because I want a straight cut. If I am going to go to the trouble of creating a handmade card or scrapbook page, I want to be able to cut my paper straight, and I just wasn't able to do that with the previous trimmers I had purchased.
The grids are really easy to align your paper with. Not only are they drawn on the surface, but they are actually engraved, so you can feel the grooves. Groovy, huh? It sure saves me a lot of time I used to spend recutting everything.
Get this one - you won't regret it!
1) Sharp blade that cuts accurately and repeatedly. A few reviewers have mentioned difficulty in seeing where the cut will be made, but I have had no problem in that regard. The device cuts straight along the metal edge every time.
2) Lightweight. Not a huge plus for me, but if you need to move it around a lot, it will be easy to do so.
3) Reasonably priced. There are a lot of paper cutters to choose from, but this one seems to be on the lower end of the cost scale, and without being a complete piece of junk. For ~$40, I doubt you can find one much better than this.
1) While I have had no issues yet, I question the long-term durability of this product. Other than the steel cutting edges and some fasteners, it's made entirely of plastic. While this does make it lightweight (as mentioned above), it seems a little chincier than one with a wooden base. Depending on what you want, this may or may not matter. I recommend you consider the possible durability issues and make your own choice.
2) Cuts single pages extremely well, but has trouble when dealing with multiple pages. I haven't tested this extensively, so I don't know what the cutoff is, but I tried slicing through a junk mail letter containing a few folded pages, and the blade barely made a dent. You might be able to use this to cut two or even three pages at a time (though I'm not entirely sure), but if you're looking to cut through several pages at once, you might need something a little heftier.
Bottom line: If you don't need anything really sturdy/heavy duty, this is a great little trimmer for a great little price.
I've also botched a few cuts (user error) and had to remove about 1/16" slices. I was pleasantly surprised to find that this trimmer could remove such thin slices...perfectly straight. I strongly recommend this trimmer.
The clear "finger protector" is pretty cool and helps to hold the paper in place while cutting. All in all, makes nice cuts if you're an expert, but for occasional use it could get frustrating.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Horrible blade that didn't cut correctly. Exchanged first one thinking it was a fluke, but then returned 2nd product for refund.Published 7 months ago by Desert Stamper
Have used for several months and am very pleased with how well it has held up.Published 12 months ago by JackinJax
Works well, very sharp, clear plastic piece broke after a while\Published 14 months ago by David Correia
Good price and it has been worth every penny. After a few years of reliable service this product has earned its five star rating. Read morePublished 16 months ago by B. J. Roca
I have had this trimmer for over a year now, and really like it. I only give it four stars because even though it has a carrying handle, there is no way to lock down the cutting... Read morePublished 23 months ago by reenreads
Great slicer - I've been using this for a while. Although I'm not a heavy user and don't often use if for cardstock or heavier paper, this slicer is easy to use and great for paper... Read morePublished on November 22, 2013 by MC