"By far the most exciting aspect of this book is that it provides an explicit mechanism for engaging students in the success of their own ventures overseas. It spells out for them what we educators think is , important, and hope they will accomplish, and, more important, it does this in a way that is not condescending and is unlikely to be off-putting to students." William Cressey, Executive Vice President and Chief Academic Officer, Council on International Educational Exchange
From the Back Cover
Written by a study abroad coordinator (Musky) and a faculty director from a foreign language department (Dowell), Study Abroad: How to Get the Most Out of Your Experience is designed to maximize the quality and impact of this unique experience!
Study Abroad encourages students to create a whole narrative from the fragments of the experience. Features
- The text promotes self-directed, guided reflection.
- It is written in journal-style with space to write.
- A well-articulated journey helps students address key issues throughout the pre-, during, and post- study abroad experiences.
- Great activities focus on the same five themes during each stage of the experience to enhance continuity and growth.
- Interesting activities are included throughout the text.
- The completed book is a permanent record of the study abroad experience.
- Practical appendices include Packing List, Money Matters, and Taking Care of Personal Business.