- Hilariously perceptive
- New York Magazine- Extremely funny and intelligent
- France 24
- Hysterically funny
- Girls' Guide to Paris
- One of the funniest books I've ever read and one of the cleverest concerning the French
- John Talbott
- Extremely well written and witty
- Paris Missives- A well deserved spanking for all Parisians - GQ
- Indispensable and irresistible - Le Point
- An insider’s look at the delights of Paris - British Weekly
- Really well written and absolutely hilarious - Mediapart
- I barely made it through the first page laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes - Weekend in Paris
- Run and get it - France 3
From the Back Cover
In the tradition of the New York Times bestseller Stuff White People Like, a tongue-in-cheek homage to Parisians.
To be mistaken for a Parisian, readers must buy the newspaper Le Monde
, fold it, and walk. Then sit at a café and make phone calls. Be sure to order San Pellegrino, not any other kind of fizzy water. They shouldn't be surprised when a waiter brings out two spoons after they order le moelleux au chocolat- it is understood that the dessert is too sinfully delicious not to share. Go to l'île Saint-Louis-all Parisians are irredeemably in love with that island. Feel free to boldly cross the street whenever the impulse strikes-pedestrian crosswalks are too dangerous. If they take a cruise on the Seine, they will want to stand outside, preferably with their collar popped up. If they want to decorate, may we suggest the photographs of Robert Doisneau? To truly be cool in Paris, own an iPhone, wear Converse sneakers, and order sushi. And as they stroll through the Luxembourg Gardens, remember-they can't go wrong wearing black.
--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.