Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on December 27, 2011
Got this as a gift for my brother's birthday for a great price! Before I get started on the sheer awesomeness of the watch, I'd like to say that the packaging it comes with can be regifted by itself. It's...that...awesome! The watch itself is beautiful to say the least, with the automatic movement offering a unique experience from most watches. Like my brother said, the leather band is often pushed aside for a metal band, but the look of the watch and the fit of the band perfectly complement each other, and he prefers it over the metal bands now. The skeleton look of the watch is amazing to look at and a great conversation piece. Now, the large size of the watch means you have to have large wrists, or your puny wrists would look awkward behind the enormity of the watch.
My suggestion: buy this watch, take up weights, and trade your minivan for a Porche 911; maybe, just maybe, you might become the most interesting man in the world.
on March 30, 2013
Bought 2 of these brand new, they both had problems from the first day. They feel heavy with good fit and finish, which conveys a feel of quality. However...

The first would gain 4 minutes every 24 hours, so I returned it, it was purchased from a non-Amazon site. Then I bought the 2nd from Amazon, and the watch would never even start ticking the seconds away.

When it arrived, I began to wind the spring a few turns and set the time. Then tried to wind the spring 15 more times. The second hand never started moving. Continued to wind the spring dozens of times. Then dozens more. Moved the hands forward a bit after each winding set to nudge the mechanicals in case that was necessary. The watch never began ticking seconds away. Searched the internet for Stuhrling problems, and found plenty of negatives on this brand's quality. Best looking watch I've seen for my tastes, even briefly thought about taking it to a watch shop to completely replace the movements with quality internals just to keep the case / hands / watch face and retain this specific style, but far too expensive even if the Japanese or Swiss movements could even be anchored in the case.

Extremely poor quality despite attempt at projecting quality image, wish I had gotten a working watch like the positive reviewers, but can't imagine how short-lived the gears and springs in the watch will be given the failure rate of the cheap movement internals when brand new.
on October 29, 2012
I purchased this timepiece as a birthday gift to myself, and I must say, it was quite a good purchase. The leather strap, stainless steel casing and mechanism all seem the be crafted with care and fine precision. The watch itself keeps time to a very precise second. The automatic self-winding feature works perfectly and, so does the manual winding. This elegant timepiece is a perfect gift. It is affordable quality, that many can enjoy.
on May 14, 2015
I bought this watch for my dad and was very disappointed. The price tag is a marketing gimmick as with all Stuhrling products that appear with a 70%+ saving. Normally watches advertise with a list price of over $400 when quality is far from other brands listed at that price range. Now to be fair with the product it does come in a very nice case, and the watch itself seemed good quality based on the watch case and details.

Unfortunately the quality of the machinery is not good at all (the watch repair shop guy told me the same thing). My dad's watch as well as the one I bought stopped working after a few weeks of use. I dont know if I was unlucky as the product has good ratings overall but 2 of the watches I bought stopped working after a short time. Besides quality issues my dad had trouble reading the time as the hand are not big enough and are hard to see.

I dont live in the US so I couldnt use the warranty and no one here accepted to fix the watch for a decent price so its useless. I hope Amazon stops the marketing tricks from Sturhling and advertises this watch based on a real price given the quality of the product.

I hope Stuhrling gives me a solution or fixes the watch as I am not willing to pay a lot of money to repair a watch that doesnt seem to last long.
on October 31, 2012
The watch is a really nice timepeice and looks exactly like a quality dress watch should.

My only disappointment with the watch is that the hands are quite small and on the black and silver background make it quite difficult to tell the time at a glance. Maybe I'm just getting old but in anything other than daylight it takes a second glance and a slight rotation of the wrist to see what the actual time is.

Other than this the watch is fantastic and if you are looking for form over function you will not be dissapointed.
on January 2, 2013
I think this is a great watch, the beauty it is for the price I received it at is unbelievable. I bought this watch for 126 (after shipping and handling) and it has amazed me since I got the delivery. It came in a beautiful packaged box, with a warranty certificate. As soon as I set the time and moved it a little it was off and ticking. I actually took it off during my vacation to see how long it would continue to tick without any movement. Turns out, it will continue for 2.5 days after the last movement. Keep in mind, I only wear the watch during the day, and take it off before I head to bed. The strap is ridiculously comfortable, and the face itself is just perfect for my wrist (I have pretty skinny wrists). This watch is classy while casual. Perfect for me.
on March 11, 2013
Bought it less than a year ago and strap buckle is broken and I see that isn't cover
under warranty. It's bit hard to read and not really good at keeping time but it
is a beautiful watch.
on January 15, 2012
I just ordered this watch and when I received it it was even better than it looks online. Its little heavy and thick but overall I like the way it looks. for the price I think its a good buy.
on December 28, 2011
This watch was bought for a gift. The watch looks nice in the photo, but in person, it is beautiful! It is presented to you in a lovely box that the watch fits neatly into.
If you are looking for a gift that has a sophisticated art-like appearance, but also works, then this watch would be perfect!
on October 8, 2014
Stuhrling is a good brand, and this watch is really cool. Self and/or manual winding. If you do not wear it, it unwinds. IT IS NOT BROKEN. Simply re-wind it or reset the time and put it on to let your movements re-wind it. Aesthetically pleasing. Would buy again.