Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now DOTD

on November 4, 2012
Arrived defective out of the box. Little hour markers inside the case have fallen off and were fluttering around inside the case. $5 watches in the mall have better quality. Clearly a fake MSRP, fake "sale", fake swiss quality. Shame on Amazon for letting this junk be sold and misrepresented on their site.
0Comment36 of 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 9, 2012
After the watch did not keep time correctly (as described below), I sent the watch back to Sturhling under warranty with the $20 required. They returned the watch within a couple of weeks - but it still does not keep reasonable time. My first day wearing the watch, it lost 3 minutes within the first 4 hours. I made sure it was fully wound, and it lost 5 minutes within the next 6 hours. From my experience with Stuhrling, the watches look and feel great . . . but unfortunately are not reliable enough to keep time accurately.

Three months ago, I bought this watch (but the model with the black face).
What I like: Sturhling makes attractive watches for a reasonable price. I received several compliments on the watch and when I do searches for watches, I find myself drawn to the Sturhling styling - they seem to have some of the most creative designs. Their packaging is attractive.
What I do not like: As others have noted on reviews of Sturhling watches, the watch kept OK time for a couple of months (not great - within a few minutes each couple of days). The self-winding mechanism is not enough to keep this watch wound. I would wear the watch for 15 hours each day and the watch would completely wind down. To stay running, it must be wound manually each day (minor inconvenience). Recently, the watch has been keeping erratic time - I have seen it lose as much as 10 minutes within a couple of hours. Sometimes it will gain 3 minutes within a couple of hours. I need the watch to keep time during meetings - I have to reset the watch prior to every meeting to make sure I'm close. As mentioned, to get the watch serviced under warranty, Sturhling requires you to pay shipping +$20. I have not done this option yet as this is ~20% of the purchase price - and I'm not sure about the results I will get as the time discrepancies are not consistent.
As a point of reference, I have owned mechanical watches (wind-up, not self-winding) that have kept time within a couple of minutes over a week, so I know it is possible to create watches with consistent performance at a reasonable price.
on May 18, 2013
I bought this watch as a birthday gift for my husband. It has maybe been worn 10-15 times. This was purchased as a nice watch to wear out. He works a dirty job so he doesn't get to dress up much. Anyway after about 6 months the hands just fell off and are just laying inside the glass. There is no sign of wear or tear not even a scratch. It just fell off while being worn. It has been kept in a jewelry box. I really expected better quality and longer life for this price. I am very unsatisfied.
0Comment18 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 7, 2012
After a few months of use the time starts going off for a few minutes. It's gotten to the point that I wind it 10 minutes faster and let it slowly go back down to the actual time (though it's pretty bad since I never really know what the time is).

I use it daily mainly because it's a nice watch, big display. But the time is simply not not accurate
on September 6, 2014
I bought one Stuhrling watch and paid good money for it. Never again. That thing neverf kept accurate time and was off most months by twenty minutes. It sits in a drawer until I can find time to get it to a jeweler. I'd neverf trust the manufacturer who couldn't get it right the first time to fix it. THERE IS A REASON WHY THIS WATCH IS REDUCED SO MUCH. A fool and his money... I seriously hope to see the company go belly up.
on December 3, 2011
I picked this up on Black Friday, and have been wearing it ever since. Its a skeleton, so you can see all the mechanics of it. The hands are anodized blue, which really makes them pop out. The leather strap is soft and very elegant. Not much to say, its still ticking, even the couple licks Ive given it. Swung my arm against the tile counter the other day, and nothing. I have another couple brands to compare this too, but it wouldnt be right. The size is a normal size, not the huge things being made now days that take up your whole arm. It goes well with a suit, and goes well with a t-shirt. If you dont move a lot during the day, the winder is there. Weight is fine for a typical guy, nothing that anyone will get upset over. For a mechanical watch (no battery) its a great price for it. I own a couple other mechanicals, and they are all elegant, but this one beats them all with the price.
on March 26, 2015
I originally bought one of the Stuhrling Skelton watches for my son ... beautiful design but did not keep time well. After being worn a couple of times one of the internal screws fell off and the watch stopped working completely. The warranty is useless as the watch isn't much better after the repair (which will cost you $20 shipping).

Actually bought a second watch ... no better. Quality is extremely poor. Quite disappointing as the design is nice.
on December 12, 2014
The piece is beautiful, yet the quality not so good. Mine stopped working with barely 2 months' use. The weight that winds the watch fell off and the screws jammed the whole system. I even see one of them bent. Total disaster.
Had another model before this one, fell off my hand and the glass fully shattered instantly, so thats 2 out of 2 worthless and useless... Will never use this brand again.
on March 4, 2014
Its a beautiful watch but it stopped working after using it for a month. VERY disappointed wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
on January 6, 2016
I love this watch. First I will talk about the very nice packaging , It comes in a nice orange box in a black sleeve which is very presentable as a gift. Also comes with a cleaning cloth as a nice bonus to take care of your watch.

As for the watch itself, It looks super snazzy and very classy. It is an automatic wind which means that I should never have to change the battery which in theory is very nice. the body is a bit thick but you need room for all the gears which you can see on the inside which is really neat. I love the contrasting blue hands and the see through back where you can see the self-winding mechanism which is powered by your regular motion throughout the day.

The band out of the box is a bit stiff but that got worn in in a day. The band is nice matte leather with a design and it's also fairly thick which gives it some extra character.

I hope this was helpful. although I received this at a discount for review, this is my honest and unbiased review.
review image review image review image review image
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse