5.0 out of 5 stars $1000 watch for 1/10th the price
Published 22 months ago by Doug

3.0 out of 5 stars Great watch Cheap band
This watch looks great and dresses up well. It is big enough to look substantial, but not so big that it overwhelms your wrist. It isn't heavy compared to my other 44mm 45mm watches. It keeps great time and and the movement sets easily. I have had this watch for a year. I wear it about once a week and wind it from stopped each time. I've had no problems...
Published on October 11, 2012 by Stubbie

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Great watch Cheap band, October 11, 2012
This review is from: Stuhrling Original Men's 1077.3345K2 "Classic Delphi Venezia" Stainless Steel Automatic Watch with Leather Band (Watch)

Now for the bad. The band is made from very cheap thin leather, it scratches easily and it is obviously not alligator. after wearing it about 50 times the bottom of the strap looks like suede. I think I'm going to replace it with a slightly darker solid leather band.

A quick word about Stuhrling. These watches are made in China not Switzerland. The owner of the company has loose ties to Switzerland so they call the company Swiss owned. The watch will show up with made in china stickers. I have bought two Stuhrling watches and I also own a few Swiss ETA movements. Stuhrling watches has given me zero problems, and honestly I never feel a slip in the movement when I turn the crown I can't say the same about my ETA watches. So far my Chinese automatics have kept good time.

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely terrible quality!!!!!!, April 2, 2013
This is going to be a long one, but if you are considering purchasing any Stuhrling watch, I really, really hope that you will take the time to read this, because I sure took the time to due my research on this company for you, and I got screwed by this company.

So I looked on Amazon for days, looking through the hundreds of watches that I may choose from, and I kept coming back to Stuhrling as my choice, and eventually this one. Some of these watches just look beautiful and luring, and I couldn't resist getting one; Stuhrling knows how to make a pretty looking watch. Now, if you're looking around for Stuhrling watches, then you surely have noticed how the average reviews on these watches is probably close to 3 stars... Well, I am writing this review to say that if there are any reviews on this website that rank any Stuhrling watch over 1 star, it is a fluke; nothing more.

The first issue is the price... These brand watches are ALL labeled with ridiculous high price tags to look exclusive, then "marked down" hugely, and sold at still way more than they are worth.. Ignore the price tag on these watches... Marketing scheme. None of these watches ever have been, or ever will be, sold at those stupid prices.

Next is quality: My watch, in 3 hours of the first day I opened the box, was already off by over 10 minutes... It's an automatic, so I gave it a day or two, thinking it just needed to wind up a bit... In the 9 hours that I slept LAST night, my watch is now off by multiple hours... And yes, I am operating the watch absolutely correctly. These watches are of absolutely terrible quality, and use sup-par crystals. Even 5 dollar, kid's scooby-doo watches operate more exactly than this! Look around at more reviews, and you will find MANY, MANY people who have just had hands fall off inside these watches. The assembly of these watches is inexact and shabby and INCONSISTENT, most of all.

Third is simple, but "Stuhrling" is not a Swiss company... ALL of these watches are made in China, and most likely designed there as well. Chinese quality control, Chinese materials...

Fourth, customer service: I sat on the phone waiting to speak to someone for over a half an hour today, and have now decided to return this watch. I couldn't even speak to someone when my watch broke without spending hours of my time? No... Not me.

The next issue I'd like to address is all of the generic, copy-paste replies by Stuhrling reps on Amazon... So often, when someone posts a negative review on here, one of the Stuhrling reps will post something that looks like this: "We are sorry to hear that your watch has not been performing well; although not a common problem, we will have our Quality Control Department review this product for further sales. Please contact our customer service department at 718-840-5760 or email to customerservice@stuhrling.com and we will do our best to assist you; the hours of operation are Monday-Thursday 9:30 A.M.-4:30 P.M. EST and Friday 9:30 A.M.-1:30 P.M. EST" These comments vary slightly, but if you look on the bad reviews long enough, you will start to see the same relies like this over and over: These are not caring professionals reaching out to customers... These are people sitting behind a desk all day trying to protect product image. NOTHING MORE. They ARE common problems.

I know what you're thinking... "But these watches look beautiful, and I deserve elegant things, and I'd never be able to wear a watch as wonderful as this without spending thousands of dollars, and I can't afford that." Well, in truth, you will be wearing a tacky illusion for other's to see, and you'll know it. The mechanics of this watch are crap, the name means nothing, the customer service is atrocious, it definitely won't be a family heirloom, even if you are one of the lucky ones who get one that actually works, and if you want to know what time it is, you'll still have to look at your cell phone.

I bought this watch because I wanted a dressy, fashionable watch that looked luxurious, and I cannot afford a really high end Swiss watch, but I feel shoddy even wearing this.. I like to own quality things that will last as long as I take care of them. I have realized through my research on this company, though, that you are absolutely rolling the dice every time you purchase a Stuhrling; sometimes it's do just what it's said to do, and other times you get shafted like me and countless others... And even if you get one of the one's that work (which apparently there are), do you really want to contribute to a Chinese company with this low of standards and respect for their customers? Hell no. Not me. Honestly, it's a moral thing that I detest this company.

Save your money for a better watch later on in life.

5.0 out of 5 stars $1000 watch for 1/10th the price, December 30, 2012
This watch is solid. It is relatively heavy but well built. I have had it for 5 months and everyone thinks this watch costs 10-20 times more than I paid. When you feel it, hold it, wear it, it must be made by one of those high dollar brands. Every time I check the time I smile on how nice it looks. My one small complaint is the band is starting to wear after wearing it everyday for 5 months. I have never owned a Stuhrling before but I plan on buying another one that is a different style. I am proud to wear it and it turns heads. It keeps great time unless I go more than 24 hours without wearing it because then I need to reset it. As long as i wear it everyday it will continue to keep time. I love not having to worry about a battery and I enjoy taking it off to show off the internals from the front and back viewing windows. With the roman numerals and blue hands and rose gold and leather band put it in a league of its own. Truly a luxury watch for a bargain. I love it and several of my friends and family have decided to buy a Stuhrling after seeing mine.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Christmas Gift, December 26, 2013
D. Sims (Out in the World) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my husband for Christmas and he loves it! He couldn't stop saying "Wow"! If he's happy with it, I'm happy. So far, so good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Looking Watch, September 19, 2013
Bought it for my Uncle as a Gift, he loves it because its nice looking, looks fancy and built with quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected..., August 13, 2013
Had my eye on this watch for several months before pulling the trigger on it...love the Roman numerals... Perfect size and weight ( I do prefer big face watches). Can dress it up or go casual w/ it... Got lots of compliments... Looks like a very high end time piece.. No regrets!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good looking automatic watch good for the price, December 1, 2013
eric keith (sacramento, ca United States) - See all my reviews
For an inexpensive mechanical automatic watch, it keeps fairly good time. Gains a minute or 2 per week. Don't care much for the heavy strap, but that is easily changed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, September 30, 2013
It is very elegant and comfortable. Looks very good and the size is a little big, but not too much.

5.0 out of 5 stars great watch, by a great company, for a great price, September 5, 2013
This popped up as a lightning deal, and being a watch guy I jumped all over it. Truly a great watch for the price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, January 21, 2013
I purchased this as an entry level business watch for the office etc. It looks better than I anticipated. I cannot verify the length of time the watch holds charge as I use it constantly. Nonetheless a purchase without regret.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›