5.0 out of 5 stars Great
Published 19 months ago by Max Power

3.0 out of 5 stars Stuhrling Original Delphi Achilles Automatic
Watch is nice looking, You do have to wear it a lot to keep it running, Or wind it. the instructions were short and brief about winding. Smaller than Expected. Overall it's an OK watch.
Published 5 months ago by Terry T. Thomas

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, December 19, 2012
This review is from: Stuhrling Original Men's 1078.335617 Classic Delphi Achilles Automatic Skeleton Black Watch (Watch)
Automatic watch means it doesn't need batteries, it doesn't need solar, it doesn't need winding, all it needs is movement which will cause a spring to wind via an internal pendulum. The spring has enough energy to last 24 hours easily. If you wear it daily it will be essentially maintenance free. If you let it sit for awhile and the spring fully unwinds, just wear it some more and it will wind up. You have to reset the time if you go for awhile without wearing it.

One nice thing, is if this is a watch you wear only for special occasions, you can let it sit for a year with zero ill effect such as a battery dying or a solar cell loosing its charge.

If you wear it every day though the pendulum is a moving part, and will rarely require some form of maintenance.. a dab of high-viscosity oil once every few years, which is easily applied by removing the back of the case.

A fully jeweled mechanical watch could service many decades (I have 60+ years old mechanical watches perfectly working). If I know the single fact, that it is just a matter of cleaning and oiling.

Hope that helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars great watch, December 18, 2012
great looking and stylish. Large, easy to read face, orange background makes it easy to see the correct time .

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, August 14, 2012
abhijit singhachaudhuri (toronto, ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
First thing I noticed about the watch was the classy packaging it came in. I was almost tempted to not take it out of the box. The watch itself was exquisite and after winding it a few times it ran like a charm. I have other watches that cost me a whole lot more but now they gather dust for the most part as I now wear this watch ninety percent of the time. I was hesitant to buy one before but this is my first automatic watch and i recommend it to everybody for its reasonable price and thousand dollar look.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Watch, March 5, 2012
All my friends are interested in this watch, the black and orange combination colors take all the atention on your wist and have another cool feature: nobody have one like this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Purchase, January 17, 2012
This watch is great. As stated in other reviews, it does run a bit fast, but it is easy to reset. I'm a fan of rubber straps, I didn't find it too cheesy as the other consumer did, but I know what he means - it is pretty flexible rubber, I'm used to sturdier bands. I have had it a week and have received numerous compliments on it. It is my first automatic watch and I find it stylish without being gaudy. I like the color combo, black and orange. I got a great deal - $61.80. I don't believe in spending more than $150 for a watch so this was a very economical buy - having had it for over a week, I would have readily paid double - and I got what I feel is a fantastic watch. I would buy this watch again and I will definitely look at Stuhrling when I want another timepiece.

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Present, January 1, 2012
I bought this watch as a Christmas present for my father who is a watch collector, the watch came in an great box, once opened he loved the watch, it is very well built with a great color combination (orange and black). I highly recommend this watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stuhrling Automatic Orange Face Watch, December 14, 2011
The website doesn't do this watch justice. The bright orange face really pops, It's a nice anodized finish. I really like that you can see the movement running. For an automatic keeps good time, runs just a little fast. The rubber band is a little cheazy, would be nice if it had a black metal band. Got a great deal at $69.99,though so I can overlook that. I had been looking for quite a while for around $118.00, glad they put it on sale. There are several other color combinations on Amazon if you prefer another. Highly recommended sporty automatic
(no batteries needed) watch.

2.0 out of 5 stars Will never buy Stuhrling products again, March 27, 2014
This watch is as good looking in person as it is on this site. I bought this watch from Amazon and was very happy about my purchase at first. About 2 months later I somehow got moisture in the watch and for a while there was fog on the inside of the glass. I called Stuhrling customer service and they told me it would be around $20 to fix. I explained that I had not gotten the watch submerged in water, that the only contact with water was when I washed my hands. Seeing as this watch claims to be water resistant, I did not think this was acceptable.

The customer service at Stuhrling was not rude, but simply explained I would have to pay the fee no matter what. Long story short, I did not pay the $20 fee to have my watch fixed. Seeing as this watch was around $100, a 20% fee seemed a bit ridiculous to me.

I still occasionally wear this watch, the fog has gone away most of the time. When it is humid outside the fog returns. I have learned one very valuable lesson from this experience.

I will NEVER buy a Stuhrling product again though.

If they would have simply fixed the watch I would have written a fantastic review. Crazy how $20 was worth hurting their online reputation... I hope they really enjoy that extra $20 in their pocket...

5.0 out of 5 stars "Awesome Watch", February 13, 2014
This is a cool watch. I really like it. Every time I'm in a restaurant or some kind of gathering, I've notice that people keep looking at my watch. It was a good choice for me.

3.0 out of 5 stars Stuhrling Original Delphi Achilles Automatic, January 28, 2014

Rate and Discover Movies