4.0 out of 5 stars Hypnotizingly Beautiful
Published on September 27, 2011 by Hanna.w.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful but flawed...
Published on November 16, 2011 by C A Gill

1.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful but flawed..., November 16, 2011
C A Gill (Scottsdale, AZ US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stuhrling Original Women's 107EL.114531 Classic Delphi Rose-Tone Automatic Skeleton Watch (Watch)
Visually stunning piece and exactly the look I was going for. I really wanted to be happy with this product but had to return it. I know how 'automatic' watches function and know how to properly wind a watch... once upon a time and long ago it was the only option. But this watch starts losing time within an hour and after 4-5 hours stops working completely. After 5 days of hoping it was just me, I gave up and sent it back.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hypnotizingly Beautiful, September 27, 2011
Hanna.w. (United States) - See all my reviews
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This watch is fantastic when you want something with style & a feminine touch, but nothing so girly as to have heart or butterfly designs, or be overwhelmed with tacky jewels. In this digital age, it's enjoyable going back to old-world mechanics. To be able to see the miniscule pieces moving about is so hypnotizingly beautiful and fun! I hardly lifted the watch out of its box and it was enough to wind it to set it in motion. It does take a little getting used to to have to wind it everyday when I'm so used to wearing watches in previous years that relied on batteries and required absolutely no attention. The motion walking around during the course of the day is enough to keep it going through the motion-based automatic winding function, but I have to wind it every evening or else I'll find it's gone out before I wake up in the morning. I give it about a dozen twists before I go to bed and leave the watch motionless for the night, and it'll stay ticking until I pick it up again in the morning. If I forget about it for longer than ten hours or so, it usually stops and I have to reset the time.

One design I especially love about this watch is the way the second hand sweeps around the face. Most watches have the second hand perform one tick per second and you can see the second hand visibly jump from its previous location to the next. This watch performs so there are about 4 tiny tiny ticks per second so instead of the second hand visibly jumping from one location to the next, it appears as if the second hand is sweeping along seamlessly all the way around as you might see with some electrical analog clocks.

The watch diameter is bigger than what you get with those $10-$20 watches from department stores (about 1/4 inch larger than what I felt was normal). People will notice it across a room, but it falls just short of being too big. For a petite woman with a small wrist, I felt it was still wearable without being too overwhelming. (For such a lovely watch, you feel as if the size is justifiable since it would be a shame not to have it noticed.)

I must admit, I am not crazy about the blue color outline used for the hour, minute, and second hands. I know it's to make the time more easily visible quickly, but I can't help but think it clashes with the rest of the tones in the watch and just wish they stuck to black or metal tones.

This watch has impressed many ladies with different (and sometimes difficult) taste. A good combination of design and elegance!

5.0 out of 5 stars It Gets Noticed, November 22, 2011
I've had a couple of people ask about my new watch. It makes a very good impression. The self wind mechanism works, but since I'm not a daily watch wearer (at least not the same one every day), I need to reset it each time I put it on. It's no trouble, that's the nature of the beast. You see the gears from the face and back of the watch. It is mezmerizing to watch everything work in "synchronicity". It may lose (or gain) a minute or so when do I wear it two days in a row. That may also be my poor setting of it in the first place. The only downside, for me, is the height of the watch. It's quite thick, and while men may disagree, not very feminine. Again, the size is because of the extra gearing, so it is what it is. I enjoy wearing it, and one of my co-workers wants to know where I got it so she can pick one up too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift-worthy or wardrobe-worthy for almost any woman--beautiful!, September 23, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a stunningly beautiful watch. This watch requires no battery; it winds by means of a motion-actuated pendulum inside. While I love my fashion watches, battery-run, this is so wonderful to have a watch that will not require a replacement battery every two years or so.

This watch is gorgeous due to the rich rose gold color, and the skeleton design; you see the workings of the watch front and back. The face has large numbers in a sort of Art Nouveau style, and engraving in a herringbone pattern on the outer circle of the face. The hands are edged in blued metal, and there is a second hand. No calendar or date. It comes with two bands; black and brown crocodile-printed calf leather. You snap off the band using a tiny pinch lever on the back, snap in the other band into the small sockets for the pins. This was easy and difficult! I got the black band off in a jiffy. Putting the brown band on took me a while; maybe you will be less of a klutz than me. And then tug on the band, make sure it's sitting in those sockets or your gorgeous watch will drop off your wrist.

Who might like this watch? Nearly anyone who likes classic styles with a twist. Nothing is more classic than a gold watch with a leather band. It is somewhat large, maybe the size of a fifty-cent piece in diameter. I measured it; 3.5 cm in diameter and almost 1 cm thick. I have a smallish wrist, and I still was able to wear this watch; normally, I do not wear those huge watches because my wrist size is small to average. If you are a petite woman, and you know you don't wear huge silver-dollar watches, then this might not be for you.

This watch is really luxurious-looking. The price is excellent for the value. If you need to make a gift to a graduate or a girlfriend, wife, mom, or other lady in your life, I'd be comfortable recommending this to anyone (unless they cannot or will not wear leather, and even then, you might be able to find a jeweler to provide a vegan or metal band.)

4.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Gift, December 28, 2011
I got this as a Christmas present from my boyfriend, and I love it. I always wanted a watch where I can see the inside mechanisms. The body of the watch is a lot thicker than compared to regular women's watches, but the mechanics of the watch face is really beautiful. It is simple with a brown leather strap, and there is a black strap that comes with the watch. However, the straps are abit stiff and I plan on changing it to another brown strap.

2.0 out of 5 stars eye-catching! - but flawed after 4 months use, December 8, 2011
I've been following prices on women's automatic watches for about three years now. Every few days I search Amazon to see what's out there, what the prices are for what quality, etc. So I've had my eye on this one for a while! When it was on sale last month, I jumped at the chance to get such a lovely timepiece. I know I'll never own a high-end automatic, but I keep looking for one that is stylish, accurate, not heavily crystalized, durable, and classic. And this one came in a choice of colors, including an extra leather band color in the box. I have worn it several times a week for several weeks now, and each time it catches my eye all day long. My wrist is small (6 1/2") but the band adjusts to a good fit. It is easy to set. The blue hands are noticable without being bright. I love the styling of the face and numerals - so classy. No problems or complaints at all. If you have never worn an automatic before, look carefully at the measurements and pictures so you understand how high it sits on your wrist. I like this look and appreciate the craftsmanship it takes to put it all together. But if you've been wearing a thin European watch, this is like a triple layer chocolate cake vs. a saltine. More to enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Watch!, September 22, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is my second Stuhrling watch. I also own a women's original, which looks a bit more rich. This model looks good with the advantage that the blue hands make it much more functional. The color provides a contrast making it much easier to read the time than on my original. This model comes with two bands, one black, one brown. Since my original came with black, I had my husband change the band to the brown. No special tools were necessary, though it was a little tricky to line up the holes, so I don't think it would be convenient to change the band often. Stuhrling watches keep very good time with the advantage of not having to change batteries. You do have to set the time if you haven't worn it in a few days, but the auto wind feature works great and the ability to see the working mechanism from the front and back of the watch is cool.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful watch!, November 9, 2011
stayingfocused "amannich" (Minneapolis, MN United States) - See all my reviews
Two days after setting it, my new watch is keeping perfect time. That's important to me. I had been looking for rose-colored gold watch and when this came up on a Lightning Deal, I grabbed it. It shipped promptly and arrived in perfect condition. The packaging is impressive. All the posted pictures are accurate. There is no getting around it -- this is a large watch, not only in diameter, but in thickness as well. Women who wear blouses/shirts with cuffs might not like the watch because of the thickness. I remember in the 70's when large watches were the rage. I do worry that this is trendy and that this watch might be at the bottom of my jewelry box in a few months Included in the box (a very impressive box, BTW) is an alternate brown leather band. Changing the band is easy and I marveled at the cleverness with which they designed the mechanism. There's a little metal hook/knob which retracts the tiny, spring-loaded holder pin. When you release the knob, the pin stays put, assuming you have it lined up properly. I changed the band this morning and it was easier than putting on a necklace clasp. The leather bands are quite stiff as another reviewer observed. I think they will loosen up as time goes by. I love the blue hands. Great watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful watch !!!, February 11, 2014
I love this watch. So far it has kept perfect time and won't have to worry about a battery. I like big watches with easy to read faces and this is beautiful. Love seeing the inner workings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous Watch, December 26, 2013
Beautiful watch and nice box and goodies it came with and price is nice for the quality of watch too!!!