Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now DOTD

on July 10, 2012
BEAUTIFUL WATCH,,,GOLD PLATTED...VERY GOOD FOR DIVING 200 METERS,,,OR YOU CAN GO TO THE OPERA, VERY ELEGANT
A VERY GOOD BUY AND VERY GOOD PRICE,,,EXCELLENT QUALITY FRON SWITZERLAND..GO AHEAD AND ENJOY IT..YOU WON'T BE DESAPOINTED..
on August 27, 2014
This watch met most of the purchase points I wanted in a Gold (Tone) Diver's watch. The Invicta Two-Tone Quartz Diver I had just returned had a misaligned second hand and although cheaper, it was a disappointment from a quality control standpoint. Having a relatively small wrist other 'dressy' dive watches I considered had a face either too large >44mm to ridiculously large 52mm or too small <38 mm. The Stuhrling @ 42mm was the sweet spot for a casual/dress all-around dive watch for me. I do dive and I noticed particularly with inexpensive "Gold" Seiko's the depth rating could be 100m but yet they stated it was not suitable for showers! (I have an older Seiko Dive watch that is stainless I bought in 1977 and it has gone to 120 ft without any glitches (no problem in the shower!). This watch is rated for 200 meters and having a screw-down crown I sure it will take me as deep as I will normally go. It is "Swiss Made" which as far as I can tell is a good thing although the designation is complicated as far as actually determining what was made or assembled where. Similar to "American Autos".
I have only had the watch for about 2 weeks and so far it keeps time with my other more costly brand name watches with various movements. I wish it was a Day/Date rather than just a Date. I can live without that feature, but, there goes a rating Star...the difference between 'Liking it and 'Loving it'. The Gold-tone look is a bit flashy but does not look cheap. The Charcoal face looks black which was my preference. It has the look of an old LP record with grooves around the edges as a background for the hour markers. Subtle but Interesting depending on how the light catches the grooves. The center of the face has a flat subdued sheen giving the small grooves nice contrast. The luminescence of the hands and markers are good with a light green glow the intensity not all that long lasting though. The Bezel is sturdy and "pretty". It is artistically designed, but, the polished gold numeral markers are not prominent or to be taken seriously as a serious as a diver's tool.
The bracelet is weighty and the solid center links are high polished giving the watch the overall 'Bling Factor' for drawing attention. No matter, it appears to be a high-end accurate timepiece at a bargain price. It's not a blatant counterfeit 'knock-off' imitation of a high end diver's watch; It's a Stuhrling and no apologies are necessary. Before I could wear it I had 4 links removed from the watch bracelet as I have a lean wrist. I tried to do it myself but the cheap set of jeweler's screwdriver I bought anticipating a resize were no match for what I thought were screw-in link pins. Took them to a Jeweler and $20 bucks later the watch was in business. After examining the removed pins it turns out that although they look like small slot screw heads, they were split pins similar to cotter pins with a slot on the closed end. If I would have simply pushed them out with a small punch I could have saved the $20. Even counting the extra expense this watch is worth every penny. It has a Swiss made Ronda 515 movement which is inexpensive to make but according to my research it is the same movement installed in high-end brand name watches costing hundreds more. Being made? or having its assembly monitored? by the Swiss it has a great watch ancestry. I like precision, utility and a bit of flash. I also like these attributes at a reasonable price. It is a real bargain with high end specs.
So far the Sturling delivers and I anticipate many years of dress and recreational use. After just returning two other gold tone <100m quartz watches from similar price-point watch makers for poor quality control,I can truly say you should give the Stuhrling brand your consideration. I'm satisfied that I did.
on July 28, 2014
After receiving the watch I was blown away by the luxury package presentation. The watch looked great and after unwrapping the plastic it shined wonderful. However it was really big on my wrist I don't have a teenage wrist as I'm 5'10 190lbs. I had to take out 2 links and adjust clasp and it's still a little loose but all in all better, if I didn't like the quality I would've returned it but it's a high quality watch.
on June 19, 2014
I'm a beginning watch collector and I have a Stuhrling pieces. Overall, I think the company makes some great watches. There are 5 things that I can point out about this watch.

#1 Style and Quality: I have yet to purchase a Stuhrling watch that didn't get a lot of compliments and I have 5 so far. This watch has been no exception to that rule. I looks well made and feels great all day. Warning! It is a little flashy and probably shouldn't been worn to a place where it will draw unwanted attention.

#2 Weight: This one has a nice weight to it but not as heavy as some of the automatics that I purchase (those are my favorite). It just feels like a quality machine.

#3 Color: I love the color. It's true gold color, not dull, not too yellow, and not rose color. The black dial is a nice subtle accent.

#4 Size: This is not for people looking for a over-size face as this watch is standard size for a man's wrist.

#5 Presentation: The boxes that these ship in will make you feel like you've bought a real piece of jewelry. They come with a cleaning cloth and owners documents including information on the company, warranty and registration.
on February 10, 2016
Love the watch! Really classy and not "bling-y" at all. Solid but not so heavy as to give you carpal tunnel...
Good quality and looks like it will definitely be really waterproof. I'll recommend it!

UPDATE:
It's now been 2 months that I've worn the watch 24/7 and it is still 100% waterproof. I think it'll do well in this respect. Haven't dived with it yet but if it can take an hour in the hot tub I think it'll be OK.

Some of the gold plating has worn off on the clasp of the watch but since that is not really visible underneath your wrist, it doesn't bother me. It stopped working a month after I got it but it was just the battery that needed replacement. No big deal either. Incidentally, I did contact Stuhrling when it happened and before I was sure it was the battery and their response was quick and helpful.

The reason you buy a watch is to tell the time and so far this watch has been extremely accurate. It is a good looking, reasonably priced watch that you can "plug and play" that will probably give you years of great service. I will definitely consider Stuhrling again when I'm in the market for a watch...
on June 25, 2013
It is overall a good watch, and does the job, especially if you want to match it with other gold(en) things.

It looks good without being too flashy or big, but not too small either.

Pros:

The movement works fine.

Better than average glow in the dark.

Nice screwable crown.

Good heft

The case and the bracelet seem smaller than advertised. I would say around 40mm case and 20 mm bracelet. Good overall weight.

My only and Big con is: The rotating bezel

This brings down all the watch. It is too soft to turn and feels too light, almost like tin and cheap if you touch it or turn it. It does click right in all marks but feels way too cheap. Also it is a bit lose if you press it around. A pity in an otherwise nice watch. Also a bit overpriced, even if "Swiss made"
on September 15, 2014
very nice watch at a reasonable price
on August 18, 2014
Very nice,very good watch.
on December 15, 2014
So handsome watch...great
on June 9, 2015
ve been using it for about 6 months about 2 or 3 days a week and stays like new. Very elegant and representative.

See 1 answered question