5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch
Published on January 24, 2011 by daniclark94

2.0 out of 5 stars good looking but badly built
The watch looks pretty much the same as in the pictures, which is to say...quite good. leather is soft and smells right, case has a good weight to it, and the color is good.

Published on December 3, 2010 by peter

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, January 24, 2011
This review is from: Stuhrling Original Men's 127A.334553 "Special Reserve Emperor's Grandeur" 16k Rose Gold-Layered Automatic Watch with Leather Band (Watch)
Ok...i read some bad reviews about this watch and just want to clear things up. first of all this is an amazing looking watch. I have got so many coments on this time piece. The workmanship on this is excelent. If a customer recieved a bad watch then Surlhing has an excelent warenty. I am a collector and my father owns a watch and clock shop and he agrees that it is a great watch as well. If your thinking about buying this watch....go for it, you wont be sorry!

2.0 out of 5 stars good looking but badly built, December 3, 2010

here's the bad part, first time i got the watch, the winding mechanism broke the first time i used it.so i sent it back, upset that i waited so long for a letdown, but i asked for an exchange, thinking it was probably just a lemon. so a week or so later i got the replacement, took it out of the box and was about to try it on when i heard a tiny rattling noise from the watch. i figured it was just the winding weight moving but decided to take a closer look. it turns out they messed up building the watch because one of the screws from inside the watch was rattling around inside (could see from back window). how they managed this is beyond me but at this moment i decided i had enough and went for the full refund.

never getting another stuhling original watch (they also got an F with BBB).
considering an akkriboss davinci but im hesitant about getting another no-name watch

avoid unless you feel lucky

TLDR version:
Pros : looks cool, strap is awesome
Cons: build quality on par with soviet era russian cars, poor precision

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome watch, March 10, 2011
Absolutely love this watch! Only thing I would comment on is that the instructions list that the adjustment dial is supposed to be the 3 o'clock position and normally the top of the watch band is 12 o'clock. I know most dial adjustments are on the side, but I thought that was odd, but love everything else. I just set the time as though the dial adjustment was 12 o'clock. Love the weight of it, size of it and am so excited about this dream watch I have always wanted. Getting use to the release mechanism for strapping the watch on is different too, but so love the whole thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars BOLD statement, February 18, 2012
dhyambrisak (Cleveland, Ohio) - See all my reviews
When I first got it in the mail, I was a little skeptical about my purchase :/ Wore it the whole day, and it grew on me BIG TIME!! Now it's my favorite watch in my little collection.

Takes a little getting used to, when trying to tell what time it is, with no numerals or markers. But hey, a watch with this much beauty, I don't mind staring at it anyways :)

And just a little F.Y.I. this watch is very dressy! Not something you would wear to go to Home Depot to pick up supplies, or even wear with tennis shoes..

4.0 out of 5 stars Great look, cool styling, and fashion forward., January 1, 2012
A. Roman (United States of America) - See all my reviews
First, this is a large watch, not only the watch face itself, but the depth/thickness of the watch as well. If you are looking for a thin profile, conservative dress look, this is not the watch for you. Also, the watch is not Swiss Made. To be Swiss Made the parts and assembly must be done in Switzerland. The company states they have "Respect for the art and tradition of the Swiss Wachmaking Legend". The company is based out of Brooklyn, New York.

Style - The watch features a skeleton look, allowing you to see the inner workings of the watches movement and you can see the spring wheel function at the 3 o'clock position. It also has an exhibition back, where you can view the automatic function of the watch, as the weight spins around to wind the spring. It also has a dual time function at the 6 o'clock position. You can set this to your home time and if you travel, you can change the main dial to you current time and not worry about having to remember your time zone changes. Finally at the 9 o'clock position there is a daylight dial, showing a moon or sun phase. The leather band is strong, function, and also attractive.

Function - As an automatic watch, this is not going to be as accurate as a quartz movement. The value of an automatic is in the art of its construction and beauty of its movement. That said, I find the watch to be fairly accurate. After owning for several months, I have seen a fluctuation of 15 to 25 seconds over a day or so period. (I don't not sit and track this, this is just estimation.) The movement is a 22 jewel movement and should be functional with minimal maintenance.

Overall, I love my watch. I wear it out on the town with the wife, in a button up a button up with jeans. I have also worn it to work, while wearing a suit. The style is great, young, and fresh. It is a beautiful watch, in a style that I enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Watch - Old World Charm, December 7, 2010
I love unique time pieces and this one is one of my favorites. It's my first Stuhrling and I have not had any issues at all with this watch. The company has a great reputation and many of my watch collecting friends say their customer service is above outstanding. Buy this one and wear it well.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great looking watch, but unfortunately it does not work well, October 31, 2013
Felipe Korzenny (Tallahassee, Florida, United States) - See all my reviews
I was so excited to get this watch but it just never worked well, regardless of arm movement it would stop. I had to return it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking but not too good for regular running., September 17, 2013
Nice looking watch but is hard to keep it running as an automatic, also I saw it cheaper in the TV channel for jewelry, like $180.00.
I think the original price is fake....

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect gift for "Him", May 13, 2011
My husband is a huge Dr. Who fan, and he loved this watch because it reminded him of the episode of clockwork alien droids. I agree. This watch has a beautiful set of gears and though its a lot bigger than I imagined it fits perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful watch. Medium size, July 19, 2014
A beautiful watch. Medium size , lays nicely on the wrist. The stem is nicely protected in the top bow in a position that does not dig into your wrist like some watches which have the stem at the three o clock position. There are two mainsprings which appear to wind from separate sources. One spring winds from the manual stem winding and the other winds from the automatic rotor. The automatic gearing seems to wind the watch at a rather slow pace. To set the dual time , you wind the stem counterclockwise . I am happy with this purchase .

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›