5.0 out of 5 stars Watch Review
This watch is an excellent addition to any time piece collection. The price was good for an automatic watch. I was very happy with the look and feel of the watch.
Published 18 months ago by Bernard Brown

3.0 out of 5 stars A decent, nice-looking watch, which runs ok.
Published 17 months ago by Jon in SC

3.0 out of 5 stars A decent, nice-looking watch, which runs ok., November 7, 2012
This review is from: Stuhrling Original Men's 133.33151 Symphony Aristocrat Executive Automatic Skeleton Black Watch (Watch)
No complaints about this watch. It runs ok and looks nice. It was given to me as a gift. It should be pointed out though, that despite the claims of reverence for the Swiss watchmaking "tradition" in the description, nowhere does the promotional material actually state that the movement is made in Switzerland. That's because it's not. Despite the germanic-sounding name, the watch is made in China. But that's what makes it inexpensive, so fair enough.

1.0 out of 5 stars Neat watch, but large. UPDATE: Terrible customer service upon product malfunction! Don't waste your money!, November 27, 2012
UPDATE
Hugely disappointing experience with this watch. It stopped working altogether within 6-7 months of receiving it. I thought this could be OK, because it was under warranty. Well, huge disappointment again. Stuhrling's policy is such that they might repair it it at no cost, but only if (1) we pay the shipping both ways, and (2) they deem the defect to be the fault of the manufacturer. The shipping thing is the big issue -- I paid $80 for this watch, and they want me to pay a full $80 ($40 flat rate each way, from Canada) to ship it back to them!!! I asked if they would waive the fee, considering that it's the cost of the item over again, that I bought the product with a good-faith understanding of the warranty, and that it is in fact their defective merchandise, but they wouldn't, because they deemed the time period from the date of purchase too long to justify such a waiver, despite it being well within the warranty period. I could not justify paying this pretty outrageous fee, especially since I had no assurance that they would be honest in their assessment of whether the malfunction was their fault or mine, which would then also leave me with the bill to pay for the repairs, in addition to the shipping. So, I am left with a piece of garbage because I refuse to pay this ridiculous fee, and they are left with a customer who will never buy their products again.

So, if you you are considering buying this or any other Stuhrling product and the warranty figures into your decision, don't expect them to make good on it if something goes wrong, at least not without you paying through the nose for shipping they ought to be covering anyway. They don't appear to care about making it right when their products malfunction without taking their customers for a ride in the process. So much for pride of workmanship or customer service. The company seems totally unconcerned with these matters, in my experience.

***************************
I purchased this watch for my husband for Christmas. It is really neat looking. I like to see the mechanical parts at work. It also doesn't require a battery, which is awesome. However, it is HUGE. It looks very large on his wrist, so look at the size specifications before you decide. I'm sure that he will get use to it, but you may be turned off by the size.

1.0 out of 5 stars This watch only worked for a week, April 11, 2013
I bought this watch in Amazon an it only worked for a week. On top of that I live in Argentina, so now I dont know what to do with the watch. I wrote to the Timepiece Trading the company that sells these watches in Amazon and they tell me to return the watch. LOL I'm in Argentina!!! Who's gonna pay the shippment???

5.0 out of 5 stars Watch Review, October 6, 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars Break Down after 4 months, March 12, 2013
It's appearance is nice but just after 3 months of usage (also I used it carefully) its mechanism was broke down. I need to set it every day. It cannot recharge itself by my hand motions.
Edit: 1 month after that it totaly broke down and didn't work. My money spoiled :(
(Please note that this watch is made in china)

1.0 out of 5 stars 5 STARS for CUSTOMER CARE! FULLY REFUNDED! WELL DONE, November 28, 2012
Unfortunately I paid 80$ for rubbish. I liked this watch when I saw it on the Amazon.com and I bought it as present however, when it arrived that was a huge disappointment. Although it is new (or at least they stated so) and it must have Hour, Minutes, and Small Seconds arrows it does not have the seconds arrow at all when it must be there. It is not even inside the watch, they just have forgotten to put it on its place. I even checked on their website (here is the link: [...] to be sure that I was not mistaken.

This is unbelievable but that watch is not I paid for and I demand from seller to send me exactly what I ordered and paid my money for. The piece of rubbish that I received does not cost 80$.

I have bought plenty of things on Amazon including watches, but this time I just wasted my money and time.

PS
3 December, 2012
I would like to mention that Amazon has fully refunded my order in few days after I sent my compliant.
Although I was disappointed by the purchase Amazon really sorted out my problem.
I am happy with their customer care.
Very well done.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke within an Hour, November 25, 2012
Watch looks and feels great but you can tell it is an $80 dollar watch and no where near the "list price". This watch stopped working and will only work when shaking or jolting it to free the stuck second hand. Will not buy any Stuhrling Products and advise against anyone else from doing the same.

2.0 out of 5 stars Water resistent???????????, July 6, 2013
I bought this watch one month ago, last week I went to the pool and Surprise !!!! the glass was fogging. Beautiful watch.... unfortunately I can't return it by the policies of amazon..

1.0 out of 5 stars I wouldn't buy it again!, November 11, 2013
This watch was really nice but it broke in 5 months. First it started clanging inside and then it became difficult to wind. It comes with a 2 year warranty but you have to ship it off to Brooklyn, NY to repair and pay to ship it as well as include $20 to ship it back. 6 weeks it will take...If I take it to a watch shop it will void the warranty. Kind of a pain. I would recommend not purchasing this watch as it seems to have a lot of reviews where it quit working. Its a shame...its a beautiful watch and he loved it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Excellent watch -- for 5 months, May 29, 2013
I purchased this watch for my boyfriend in November last year, everything was working great, it has an amazing classic look and it is mesmerizing to see the engines working... until one day, it just stopped working. It was never beaten with anything by accident, nor it has been dropped to the floor, it was just on the case and stopped. We tried putting it on, moving it a lot (as it works with movement) and it is completely dead.-
Sending it back for warranty, let's see how it works out. (and hopefully get a better review)

ARRAY(0xa068b048)