5.0 out of 5 stars Watch Review
This watch is an excellent addition to any time piece collection. The price was good for an automatic watch. I was very happy with the look and feel of the watch.
Published on October 6, 2012 by Bernard Brown

3.0 out of 5 stars A decent, nice-looking watch, which runs ok.
Published 23 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars A decent, nice-looking watch, which runs ok., November 7, 2012
This review is from: Stuhrling Original Men's 133.33151 "Executive" Stainless Steel Automatic Watch with Black Leather Band (Watch)
No complaints about this watch. It runs ok and looks nice. It was given to me as a gift. It should be pointed out though, that despite the claims of reverence for the Swiss watchmaking "tradition" in the description, nowhere does the promotional material actually state that the movement is made in Switzerland. That's because it's not. Despite the germanic-sounding name, the watch is made in China. But that's what makes it inexpensive, so fair enough.

1.0 out of 5 stars Neat watch, but large. UPDATE: Terrible customer service upon product malfunction! Don't waste your money!, November 27, 2012
UPDATE
Hugely disappointing experience with this watch. It stopped working altogether within 6-7 months of receiving it. I thought this could be OK, because it was under warranty. Well, huge disappointment again. Stuhrling's policy is such that they might repair it it at no cost, but only if (1) we pay the shipping both ways, and (2) they deem the defect to be the fault of the manufacturer. The shipping thing is the big issue -- I paid $80 for this watch, and they want me to pay a full $80 ($40 flat rate each way, from Canada) to ship it back to them!!! I asked if they would waive the fee, considering that it's the cost of the item over again, that I bought the product with a good-faith understanding of the warranty, and that it is in fact their defective merchandise, but they wouldn't, because they deemed the time period from the date of purchase too long to justify such a waiver, despite it being well within the warranty period. I could not justify paying this pretty outrageous fee, especially since I had no assurance that they would be honest in their assessment of whether the malfunction was their fault or mine, which would then also leave me with the bill to pay for the repairs, in addition to the shipping. So, I am left with a piece of garbage because I refuse to pay this ridiculous fee, and they are left with a customer who will never buy their products again.

So, if you you are considering buying this or any other Stuhrling product and the warranty figures into your decision, don't expect them to make good on it if something goes wrong, at least not without you paying through the nose for shipping they ought to be covering anyway. They don't appear to care about making it right when their products malfunction without taking their customers for a ride in the process. So much for pride of workmanship or customer service. The company seems totally unconcerned with these matters, in my experience.

***************************
I purchased this watch for my husband for Christmas. It is really neat looking. I like to see the mechanical parts at work. It also doesn't require a battery, which is awesome. However, it is HUGE. It looks very large on his wrist, so look at the size specifications before you decide. I'm sure that he will get use to it, but you may be turned off by the size.

1.0 out of 5 stars This watch only worked for a week, April 11, 2013
I bought this watch in Amazon an it only worked for a week. On top of that I live in Argentina, so now I dont know what to do with the watch. I wrote to the Timepiece Trading the company that sells these watches in Amazon and they tell me to return the watch. LOL I'm in Argentina!!! Who's gonna pay the shippment???

1.0 out of 5 stars Break Down after 4 months, March 12, 2013
It's appearance is nice but just after 3 months of usage (also I used it carefully) its mechanism was broke down. I need to set it every day. It cannot recharge itself by my hand motions.
Edit: 1 month after that it totaly broke down and didn't work. My money spoiled :(
(Please note that this watch is made in china)

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke within an Hour, November 25, 2012
Watch looks and feels great but you can tell it is an $80 dollar watch and no where near the "list price". This watch stopped working and will only work when shaking or jolting it to free the stuck second hand. Will not buy any Stuhrling Products and advise against anyone else from doing the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars Watch Review, October 6, 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall great watch, but some things to look out for, August 5, 2014
Antonin (Houston, TX) - See all my reviews
I'd like to break my review up into several sections so that the prospective buyer truly understands what they're getting:

1. Looks - The watch looks freaking amazing. Every person that sees it asks me about it, asks the story behind it, and the lay person (someone who is not a watch enthusiast) will think it's very expensive. To the keen watchmen eye, the watch looks great and even though it's no rolex, they can appreciate your taste for fine watches. Even the backing of the watch is worth showing (so I tend to take my watch off often to show the skeletal design in the back

2. Usability - the watch has some issues. As some other people noted, the hands are silver and thus they sometimes blend in with the background. It's easy to get used to it though.

3. Timekeeping - the watch WILL run faster or slower depending on the season/humidity/temperature. This is normal for most watches but I believe it's more pronounced this one. I often fix the time as the watch will go faster/slower by a few minutes every day. I usually set it in the morning on the bus out of habit and it keeps time for the day. It's a little annoying but it does what I need it to do: tell me time without having to glance at my phone every 5 minutes. So instead of wasting the time I look at my phone to check the time, I set my watch in the morning.

4. Winding - the watch does need to be wound. It has a self-winding mechanism but it doesn't replace a good ol' winding. I tend to wind the watch out of habit while I'm sitting at a meeting or just thinking so my watch is usually wound up well. If you forget your watch in your nightstand for a few days, your watch will be "dead" and you'll have to spend a minute or two winding it and setting the time.

5. Water - The watch says it's 50 meters water resistant, that doesn't mean you can dive 50 meters under water with it. It just means that if you get some water on it when it's raining or leave in a humid room, it won't die on you. Keep that in mind, the manual that comes with the watch explains this.

Overall, I really like the watch. The off-time is annoying and I'm thinking of going to a watchmaker to adjust the crystal inside. However, it's not much of a bother yet.

2.0 out of 5 stars Water resistent???????????, July 6, 2013
I bought this watch one month ago, last week I went to the pool and Surprise !!!! the glass was fogging. Beautiful watch.... unfortunately I can't return it by the policies of amazon..

1.0 out of 5 stars 5 STARS for CUSTOMER CARE! FULLY REFUNDED! WELL DONE, November 28, 2012
Unfortunately I paid 80$ for rubbish. I liked this watch when I saw it on the Amazon.com and I bought it as present however, when it arrived that was a huge disappointment. Although it is new (or at least they stated so) and it must have Hour, Minutes, and Small Seconds arrows it does not have the seconds arrow at all when it must be there. It is not even inside the watch, they just have forgotten to put it on its place. I even checked on their website (here is the link: [...] to be sure that I was not mistaken.

This is unbelievable but that watch is not I paid for and I demand from seller to send me exactly what I ordered and paid my money for. The piece of rubbish that I received does not cost 80$.

I have bought plenty of things on Amazon including watches, but this time I just wasted my money and time.

PS
3 December, 2012
I would like to mention that Amazon has fully refunded my order in few days after I sent my compliant.
Although I was disappointed by the purchase Amazon really sorted out my problem.
I am happy with their customer care.
Very well done.

2.0 out of 5 stars Father's Day Gift, June 20, 2014
I ordered the watch a month ahead for a Father's Day Gift for my husband. He's worn it maybe 10 times and now the insides are falling out and of course the return date expired on 6/6. Definitely not happy. I will have to pay to have this thing repaired and may take as long as 6 weeks. Husband loved the watch until it fell apart.