Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on August 19, 2011
I bought this watch on impulse while using the Amazon App on my Ipad. It was advertised as a "Lightning Deal" with a timer counting down to the expiration of the deal in minutes. The advert depicted a $495 price with a line through it, and a $89.99 price. At the time I am thinking that this is a fantastically awesome deal! I was not familiar with Sturhling and the time factor made it difficult to do research, so I just went for it. Overall, I am happy, but I cannot help feeling like the deal was misrepresented. It's a beautiful watch and so far, it is running fine.

But it is clearly not a $500 instrument. It's more like a $150 watch. And in fact, after the Lightning Deal was over, the price went to -- not $500, but to $180. Still a decent deal overall. Okay -- would I buy another one? At the $90 price, I certainly would. The casework is beautiful and styling unique.

Since making the order, I have had time to do some research. Interestingly, the company's website dances around the topic of where the watch is made, with all sorts of innuendo that it is Swiss, comments the Swiss founder and about upholding Swiss tradition, etc. But it's Chinese. That's not a problem, I just start to become uncomfortable when the facts are getting obscured. It's interesting if you go to Google Maps and enter Sturhling's New York address. The street view is of something that looks like a small warehouse or large garage. The image does not inspire confidence that this is a solid, legitimate company. So I am a little mixed on the whole transaction. I think that time will tell as I use the watch more.
33 comments|81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 27, 2011
The reviews of this watch were pretty accurate. Its a great piece, attention grabber. The constrution was pretty good, but like reviews stated it does have some visible scratches on the interior metal. The band has to be broken in, then its great. The glass is magnified so the pieces on the inside are easily visible. It does however tick loudly so if you're one who likes to lean on your hand you will be hearing a constant noise.
on March 18, 2013
Read the reviews before my purchase and decided to take the chance based on the look (which I'm a fan of). Like anything that comes from China you always have the possibility of quality issues. This watch broke on the second day I wore it. Read some other reviews that said the same thing so I was warned.

The watch dials stopped working and mechanical wind didn't work. Fortunately it has a 2 year warranty so returned it for a similar "skeleton" watch from Sturhling. Figure I'll try again against my better judgement. Hope this one lasts because I do like the style. I get the replacement in a couple days so will also write an honest review for that one too. If this one breaks I guess I'll have to try another brand.... or just keep sending them back until I get a winner.
on June 7, 2014
This watch looks extremely cool, no doubt about it. And I have gotten several compliments on its looks. However, as a dependable timepiece it falls flat. I have to shake it back and forth to wind it every day when it should auto-wind by my activity. It looses minutes daily, sometimes i look down at it and realize that it is hours off the mark.
This was my first and last experience with a self-winding watch. I am now shopping for another Citizen Eco-Drive. I should have stayed with the brand and type that has held up for so many years.
on September 9, 2011
Ignore the superficial and inane negative reviews about this watch; this is a truly nice, quality timepiece at a great price-point. First, the watch does not have "cheap look" and in fact, is comparable in quality and styling to the many other watches I have purchased over the years. The "skeleton" style is eye-catching and caught the attention of my wife when I first displayed it on my wrist. Furthermore, why anyone spending $99 for a watch would expect a Patek-like product is beyond comprehension. In the future, review the watch, not your misguided expectations of same. In a nutshell, this is a quality automatic watch with a stylish leather band and a unique look.
on March 26, 2016
LOOKS GOOD. KEEPS TIME. THAT'S ALL I EXPECT FROM A WATCH. IN THIS CASE THE PRICE WAS WAY LESS THAN YOU MIGHT EXPECT.
UPDATE: THE WATCH MUST BE WORN ALL THE TIMES.. IF YOU TAKE IT OFF AT NIGHT IT WON'T BE RUNNING THE NEXT MORNING.
on July 29, 2015
A great looking watch. When I took it out of the box it rattled loudly. Having never owned an automatic watch before, my first thought was 'if it rattles that much to wind itself, I don't want it'. Actually, the weight inside the watch that is supposed to swing around and wind the watch was broken off and rattling around inside the case. Easy to see with the clear front and back. I thought, stuff happens, and thought I would just exchange it for a working one. No, I am forced to return it for a refund, 2-3 days after they get it back, or apply it as a credit to something else. Not impressed. Don't buy this one unless you like to gamble.
on December 18, 2013
The pictures on this site do not do the watch justice. The packaging it comes in is awesome, and the watch is just phenomenal. I can't wait for my son to see it when he opens it for Christmas. I truly recommend this watch if you are looking for something unique and professional.
on October 11, 2012
Loved the watch but it stopped working after a few months. We I called to have it repaired, I had to ship it back at my expensive then pay to have it shipped to me after the repair. The second watch came and it didn't work at all but I would have to pay to have it shipped back and returned to me. Did get an RMA but haven't returned it since the product didn't work well. Am very disappointed with the watch. Gots lots of compliments on it but if doesn't work, it's a nice paperweight.
on October 10, 2011
Well, I decided to purchase based on the reviews that I saw here, and I wasn't disappointed. I wasn't blown away either.

Pros

1. Very unique looking.
2. Fairly sturdy feel
3. Keeps pretty good time (+30 seconds over a week).

Cons:

1. Has a minor clank in the winder (it appears a lock exists to keep the winder going in only one direction. This lock makes an audible clank when it's hit). It's not major in normal usage, but it can be annoying when you hear it.
2. Strap feels a little bit on the cheap end. Not majorly, but something you may want to upgrade afterwards.

It doesn't feel like an expensive watch, but it wasn't expensive either. For a good intro to automatic watches, or those that want an automatic watch for not a lot of money, this would be a good one to get.