5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful watch, great buy!
Published 21 months ago by G. Olmedo

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay..
My boyfriend loves the watch, but the clasp comes undone all the time and falls off his wrist. Very annoying.
Published 4 months ago by Christina

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful watch, great buy!, December 4, 2012
This review is from: Stuhrling Original 165B2B.33112 Lifestyles Winchester 44 elite Mens Watch (Watch)
I was in a jam -- my 15th wedding anniversary was the next day and I had NOTHING for my husband except a card... I went online and learned that the traditional 15th anniversary gift is crystal, and the modern gift is a watch (good news, since my husband LOVES watches). So I went on Amazon to look for a watch, I was concerned that (a) I couldn't get something in time, (b) the price for a nice watch would be prohibitive, and (c) he wouldn't like it no matter how much I paid for it. All of these concerns were addressed by this seller, and this wonderful watch!

I ordered the watch and it came the next day for only $3 extra (I have Amazon Prime -- it really paid off this time!). It was in a nice box, shipped securely, and both the band and bezel were covered in plastic to prevent scratching. It was just in time for me to wrap and give to my husband at dinner that night. He was VERY surprised! The watch IS really gorgeous. It is a "skeleton" watch -- you can see the "bones" inside, and the movement. It has a nice weight to it, but it's not too heavy or bulky. It looks great on, and it really catches your attention.

There were LOTS of links so the watch was very large on my husband -- he had a jeweler size it for him and it fits fine! The jeweler even admired the watch -- this one is a winner!!

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay.., April 26, 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic watch, January 2, 2013
My wife bought me this beautiful watch for Christmas. The moment I opened the case, I was struck by how classy and elegant this watch looks, and it has brought a few compliments.

The watch has a nice substantial feel to it without being too heavy or bulky. But it definitely is on the large side. I own several watches and this Sturhling is the largest in my collection. I do not like the huge watch fad of the fashion watches lately, but this watch, in my opinion, is not so large or so flashy. It makes for an excellent dress watch, yet looks nice at work, or dressed casually. I really like the fact that the watch is automatic yet you can wind it by twisting the crown like a standard watch. It came meticulously wrapped and impressively packaged. The box is large, black and square shaped, not looking like the package in the picture.

The only caveat is that the band does not fit me as I would like. If I remove one more link, it is snug to slide on and tight on my wrist, so I have it a bit more loose than I would like. There are no other adjustments that can be made to the band like other watches I have other than adding or removing links.

Overall, the watch is fantastic and makes a great addition to my collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars makes an amazing gift., June 20, 2012
This is a really sharp looking watch. It is a little on the larger size tho, so I wouldnt get it for a smaller man. It was the perfect fathers day gift for my husband. the way it is presented and the packaging makes it look even more pricey than it was. he has been showing it off to everyone since i gave it to him and everyone is really impressed with how u can see the gears working and stuff. I also like that it has just the right amount of blue color on the hands to make it more interesting, but not so much that u cant wear it with other colors.

2.0 out of 5 stars Was impressed, at first..., April 5, 2014
The shipping on this watch was insane for the free option. 2 days after ordering it it was at my front door when I arrived home. Things that impressed me:

1) The quality of the watch was actually pretty decent for a "cheapo" watch. I would categorize this into the "cheapo" category with Invicta and other similar brands.

2) The movement was smooth as well as the automatic weight in the back. It was running when I got it so I didn't wind it at all.

3) The box and items that came with it were very impressive as well: a tiny leather pillow it was wrapped around, a couple cloths to clean the watch, loads of instruction booklets, and other stuff I didn't open.

What didn't impress me:

1) The band has no safety latch and doesn't really secure all that great. It definitely wouldn't last as an every day watch.

2) After trying it on and taking off the plastic protecting the Crystal I noticed many pieces of dust INSIDE the watch! One or two small pieces would have been acceptable, but >10 fairly large pieces between the front and back is not ok. Quality control should have prevented this. This is not ok for something "new."

It's going to be returned asap. It's a shame because this is one of the nicer skeleton watches I've seen on Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT DEAL!!!!!, July 5, 2012
Received the watch two days ago and it was packaged awesome.Great looking automatic watch at a super great price. Had to remove a ling on each side and fits perfect. It comes big so if your a big person you will have no issues. The watch is outright cool and works perfect so far. Completely satisfied, and glad I made the choice!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent purchase, November 9, 2013
At first the band was problematic. I had to fuss with the clasp for the first two weeks to get it off. "Magically" it now opens and closes as it should. Looks great.

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning: Don’t buy this watch, July 8, 2014
Stuhrling Original is a hoax. As soon as I opened the box I noticed the second hand lying in a corner of the watch. I saw that the gears and mechanism are made quite flimsy and cheap. As I attempted to remove the watch from the pillow the band broke. I paid $180 for this watch and cheap $10 watches have lasted way longer than this one. Stuhrling Original is really a fake name for a Chinese company. The photographs on their website are quite impressive but the watch in reality is very inferior. I got burned big time. Stuhrling Original should be removed from Amazon as retailer for false advertising as their watches are below the quality of a Chinese fake.
Don’t be fooled by all the 5 star reviews, it was most likely written by the Stuhrling company themselves. I feel like I was robbed. My first major blunder in all these years purchasing online. No wonder Stuhrling only sells on the internet because if it was in retail stores, customers would see what garbage it really is. I was so disappointed that I bought a Victorinox watch which is just fantastic. I left the Stuhrling watch for the maid in the hotel and I think she may not want it.
Stuhrling pulls you in with clever advertising, I should have noticed that the logo looks fake and out of proportion. The materials are cheap and the machining of the parts are poor. The real cost of this watch is the packaging. It comes in a very large fake leather box with a leather pillow and a multitude of certificates of authenticity. Its an authentic fake watch!

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, June 25, 2014
Very nice watch at price you can't go wrong

3.0 out of 5 stars Loved, but I hated it..., December 8, 2013
I would be leaving a 5 star review but this watch just stopped working and the internal parts were loose and flopping around under normal use and under 2 weeks.

I was going to send it in for warranty repair but Sturhling charges $40 to send it and then if its not a certified reseller (not sure about amazon after trying research it without success), then they charge you for the repair and its more than the acquisition cost.

I'm hoping I just got a lemon faulty one and I sent it back for a similar one and am considering buying another as I loved it outside of that.

By the way, anyone who reviews this and says its stopped working likely just needs to wind it as its mechanical!

Rate and Discover Movies