Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on June 26, 2015
I've purchased this item a few moths ago. The one that I received must have not been properly calibrated, it was running ~5 mins fast each week. I was very frustrated but I didn't find it worth to ship the product back. But yesterday, my watch stopped working completely. It's a nice nooking watch, however I would not recommend this watch because of reliability and accuracy reasons.
review image
on September 20, 2013
I was able to get this watch as an Amazon lightening deal which made it an incredible value. It has a very distinctive look for a watch. I've not seen this personally so it struck me immediately. Having the back and front see thru really adds an element of interest.

I'm not a fan of having to remember to wind a watch each day. It's been decades since I've owned a watch needing this. Battery driven watches are OK, but a pain when the battery dies. For the last 8 years I've used an eco-drive watch that uses light to keep the internal battery charged. It has worked perfectly. I love that this watch has an automatic wind feature so I don't need to be concerned. I've had it for about two weeks and have not wound it after the initial winding. I love it.

The watch is somewhat bigger around than my previous watch, but again not a bad thing. It makes it easier to read the time when I don't have my glasses on. However, it isn't too big in my opinion. Some of the watches are so huge, it seems like you have Big Ben on your wrist. Also, the blue hands against the silver face is an appropriate contrast to make it easy to read.

The watch is quite a bit heavier than other watches I've had. This isn't a bad thing. It makes it seem more substantial and well built. The band, as others have mentioned, is very large. You may want to get a watchband link remover tool if you don't have one. It makes it very easy to size the band to your needs. My wrist is 7" around as a point of reference. I have removed four links and it fits exactly the way I like it.

There is only one draw back and it is minor. I'm not overly crazy about having Stuhrling Original embossed on the crystal. It is distracting and to me takes away a tiny bit from the aesthetics. Other than that, this is a great time piece and I highly recommend it.
on December 4, 2012
I was in a jam -- my 15th wedding anniversary was the next day and I had NOTHING for my husband except a card... I went online and learned that the traditional 15th anniversary gift is crystal, and the modern gift is a watch (good news, since my husband LOVES watches). So I went on Amazon to look for a watch, I was concerned that (a) I couldn't get something in time, (b) the price for a nice watch would be prohibitive, and (c) he wouldn't like it no matter how much I paid for it. All of these concerns were addressed by this seller, and this wonderful watch!

I ordered the watch and it came the next day for only $3 extra (I have Amazon Prime -- it really paid off this time!). It was in a nice box, shipped securely, and both the band and bezel were covered in plastic to prevent scratching. It was just in time for me to wrap and give to my husband at dinner that night. He was VERY surprised! The watch IS really gorgeous. It is a "skeleton" watch -- you can see the "bones" inside, and the movement. It has a nice weight to it, but it's not too heavy or bulky. It looks great on, and it really catches your attention.

There were LOTS of links so the watch was very large on my husband -- he had a jeweler size it for him and it fits fine! The jeweler even admired the watch -- this one is a winner!!
66 comments| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 8, 2014
Stuhrling Original is a hoax. As soon as I opened the box I noticed the second hand lying in a corner of the watch. I saw that the gears and mechanism are made quite flimsy and cheap. As I attempted to remove the watch from the pillow the band broke. I paid $180 for this watch and cheap $10 watches have lasted way longer than this one. Stuhrling Original is really a fake name for a Chinese company. The photographs on their website are quite impressive but the watch in reality is very inferior. I got burned big time. Stuhrling Original should be removed from Amazon as retailer for false advertising as their watches are below the quality of a Chinese fake.
Don’t be fooled by all the 5 star reviews, it was most likely written by the Stuhrling company themselves. I feel like I was robbed. My first major blunder in all these years purchasing online. No wonder Stuhrling only sells on the internet because if it was in retail stores, customers would see what garbage it really is. I was so disappointed that I bought a Victorinox watch which is just fantastic. I left the Stuhrling watch for the maid in the hotel and I think she may not want it.
Stuhrling pulls you in with clever advertising, I should have noticed that the logo looks fake and out of proportion. The materials are cheap and the machining of the parts are poor. The real cost of this watch is the packaging. It comes in a very large fake leather box with a leather pillow and a multitude of certificates of authenticity. Its an authentic fake watch!
44 comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 6, 2015
I have bought two of these watches for my husband. The first one (for our 10 year anniversary) lasted over a year, so I had no problem buying a replacement. The second broke after 2 months, even though he only wore it twice.
on December 8, 2013
I would be leaving a 5 star review but this watch just stopped working and the internal parts were loose and flopping around under normal use and under 2 weeks.

I was going to send it in for warranty repair but Sturhling charges $40 to send it and then if its not a certified reseller (not sure about amazon after trying research it without success), then they charge you for the repair and its more than the acquisition cost.

I'm hoping I just got a lemon faulty one and I sent it back for a similar one and am considering buying another as I loved it outside of that.

By the way, anyone who reviews this and says its stopped working likely just needs to wind it as its mechanical!
on January 2, 2013
My wife bought me this beautiful watch for Christmas. The moment I opened the case, I was struck by how classy and elegant this watch looks, and it has brought a few compliments.

The watch has a nice substantial feel to it without being too heavy or bulky. But it definitely is on the large side. I own several watches and this Sturhling is the largest in my collection. I do not like the huge watch fad of the fashion watches lately, but this watch, in my opinion, is not so large or so flashy. It makes for an excellent dress watch, yet looks nice at work, or dressed casually. I really like the fact that the watch is automatic yet you can wind it by twisting the crown like a standard watch. It came meticulously wrapped and impressively packaged. The box is large, black and square shaped, not looking like the package in the picture.

The only caveat is that the band does not fit me as I would like. If I remove one more link, it is snug to slide on and tight on my wrist, so I have it a bit more loose than I would like. There are no other adjustments that can be made to the band like other watches I have other than adding or removing links.

Overall, the watch is fantastic and makes a great addition to my collection.
on September 16, 2013
Thank you Amazon--this watch only cost $100 on a recent "Gold Box Lightning" deal, and it's well worth it. The design is sleek and modern, and it keeps excellent time. This is my second Stuhrling Original (both purchased on Amazon), and I'm becoming a fan of the brand. I receive compliments every time I wear one.

Some people might not like the following:

1) The face is big--and so is the band. It has the largest face of any watch I own, and it is the heaviest. I have to take it off while typing.

2) The Stuhrling name appears to be printed across the face of the watch--it looks like a sticker, but it is under the crystal. Seems kind of tacky on such an elegant, modern design.

3) It is kinetic (winds itself using your wrist movement) and does not have a battery. It will not keep running overnight, so unless you store it in a watch box that automatically winds it, you will have to reset it every time you wear it. This is not a huge deal--since it does not track the date, it is quick and easy to reset the time.
on June 20, 2012
This is a really sharp looking watch. It is a little on the larger size tho, so I wouldnt get it for a smaller man. It was the perfect fathers day gift for my husband. the way it is presented and the packaging makes it look even more pricey than it was. he has been showing it off to everyone since i gave it to him and everyone is really impressed with how u can see the gears working and stuff. I also like that it has just the right amount of blue color on the hands to make it more interesting, but not so much that u cant wear it with other colors.
on May 22, 2015
Some claim this is made in Switzerland, but I doubt it. It is inexpensive. When received, my watch ran about 5 minutes fast per day -- not good. Then after a couple weeks it just quit. So I sent it to the repair facility in Brooklyn, NY with a check for $20 (required by Stuhrling to cover their shipping and handling). The repair was covered by the warranty. I got it back in about a month. It was running and is now keeping very good time. It loses a couple seconds per day which is quite good for a mechanical watch. Also, I wanted to see if the "automatic" self-winding feature could keep it running when worn daily. So far it keeps running on its own with no winding necessary, but I am very active. I wanted a watch that was fun, attractive and required nothing, no battery, just simple mechanics that I didn't even have to wind. So far, that is what I have. I have heard of other quality problems from the factory such as what I experienced, but it appears the folks in Brooklyn know what they are doing. Getting back an accurate, reliable watch was worth the $20. Make sure you are buying from a certified seller so the warranty is valid.