5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful
Published on July 14, 2010 by Amazoner

2.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I hoped for
Bought this watch based on its pictures. It looks great on the pictures but somehow does not quite look it in the hand. It looks a bit cheap, but was a good gift for someone else, so I am basically satisfied. Will have to get a good looking watch elsewhere.
Published on November 29, 2009 by DadaP

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, July 14, 2010
This review is from: Stuhrling Original Men's 171A.3315E1 Classic Cuvette 44 Slim Automatic Date Watch (Watch)
I decided to buy this watch originally because of it's color scheme. A black textured dial on a brown crocodile pattern leather will go with both black or brown shoes, which will make for a great everyday watch. Also, the size of the dial is very masculine and looks large on the wrist, which I love, however, the large circumference does not add weight to the watch as it is also very light on the wrist. When I opened the box, I was very impressed with the quality and appearance of the piece. The band is a beautiful brown/red clay color, and it looks great with the coal color dial of the watch. I am not too fond of the magnifying glass over the date dial, as I think it takes away from the simpleness of the watch, although it does make the day clear to read. The numerals are beautifully embossed and blend right in with the casing of the time piece and are less traditional than what one finds on most expensive watches. Overall, I am very impressed with it; it is elegant and professional, but the numerals, the band, and the textured dial make the piece unique and fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected!, March 25, 2011
D. Kidder (Scottsdale, AZ USA) - See all my reviews
Better looking than the pictures! It's a simple design that's understated and very "classy". The face details that don't show up in the website photos enhance that even further. And it's very EASY TO READ, which is important to me.

Rather than writing a review right away, though, I waited to see how the watch held up with respect to accuracy. This is also important to me. I have an "atomic" watch which sets itself to the NIST atomic clock and several "atomic" clocks. Accuracy is important to me.

For a mechanical watch, the accuracy of this one is remarkable! I've had it 10 days now and so far it has lost about 11 seconds. I can live with that...no problem.

Being mechanical, self-winding, it is also relatively heavy. Yet it is EXTREMELY COMFORTABLE to wear. The leather band was a bit stiff at first, but softened up quite quickly. I find metal-band watches extremely uncomfortable and this turned out to be a perfect choice for me.

I couldn't be happier! Already have another Stuhrling Original on my wish list....

2.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I hoped for, November 29, 2009

1.0 out of 5 stars THE WORST PURCHASE I EVER MADE ON AMAZON, March 4, 2014
The watch stopped working twice in two months.
Even the toy watch worth $10.00 would work better.
Very cheaply made watch.

1.0 out of 5 stars The worst watch I buy in my life, August 17, 2013
This watch from the begininng delay one minute each day. I send to one of the best master watchs in my country and his answer was: this watch is a toy. Never will buy this model.

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks good but ..., March 26, 2011
I already own a Stuhrling and like it so I decided to get another. This time I wanted a dressy watch that could be worn in more formal situations. The watch was nicely packaged and looked just as good as in the pictures. Having removed the packaging I attempted to set the time and date. The crown came off as soon as I attempted to rotate it. I was not impressed. I was able to screw it on but I wonder if it will stay. I like the watch but am tempted to return it.

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice timepiece, November 30, 2010
Hans L. Cruz (Las Pinas, n/a Philippines) - See all my reviews
This is the 2nd watch that I've bought from Amazon and I'm not disappointed. The packaging is very nice. The watch itself looks good. The only thing that prevented me from giving it 5 stars is the crown. I don't know if the problem exist in this particular model or if it's a problem with this specific unit but sometimes when you adjust the date, it just doesn't move.

Aside from that problem I'm happy with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, May 17, 2011
It is a beautifull watch - nice size and very thin. It is a very elegant watch with a refine/classy look.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, September 23, 2014