Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on September 22, 2011
First and foremost, a quick note in defense of Sturhling. Yes, their automatic watches use cheap Chinese-made movements which are notoriously inaccurate and unreliable; and overall I do take issue with their marketing tactics, questionable heritage, and blatant imitation of more expensive brands. However, most other watch companies are guilty of the same, and these traits are far less offensive in a company that sells $150 watches than in one that sells $1500 watches. Sturhling may not be haute horology, but they know how to make a cool-looking inexpensive watch; and some of their models, such as this one, are an exceptional value.

I got this watch as a gift and it's one of my daily wear watches. It uses a Swiss quartz Ronda movement, which is the one of the very few moonphase movements in this price range. The watch is solid, with very intricate details which make it look far more expensive that it actually is. The styling is classic and goes equally well with a suit or jeans and a T-shirt. The second hand does have the jerky quartz motion, but that's perfectly acceptable in this price range; if you want a Swiss automatic moonphase watch, be prepared to spend upwards of $10K. I've had it for 2 years, and so far the watch has been entirely accurate and problem-free.

Bottom line - if you are considering a Stuhrling, skip their automatic models and get this one.
on June 4, 2011
i've never written a product review before, and i must admit that the extra year on the warranty is motivating this first effort, but if this watch were anything but very nice, i'd let you know. at first, i was worried that the watch would be too big or look funny. when it arrived, i was pleasantly surprised. this watch looks and feels like a much more expensive watch. the oval shape of the face is unique and only adds to the beauty. the product photo online really does not do it justice. i have only had the watch for a day, so i can't attest to its sturdiness, but it feels substantial enough to imply sturdiness and longevity. in all a great purchase for the price!
on October 7, 2008
Watch arrived yesterday, several days before Amazon's estimated delivery date. Amazon has never failed me yet in their shipping. As for the watch, it's a beauty. It came with a two-year warranty, but all I had to do to get another year was visit the Stuhrling site and register my purchase and the warranty is now three years. As they say the battery should be good for two years, I expect if the watch lasts three years, it'll probably last me the rest of my life. It's the slightly oval face of the watch that is the real attention getter. I have four watches currently functioning and another three needing battery replacement. I paid no more than $100 for any of the others and got this one on a deal. It it's not the price but the build quality of this watch that impresses me. The band is exceptionally attractive for a metal band, and the clasp is different (that's a positive thing) from any watch I've ever owned. I also like the moon phase dial, which unlike those I've seen on Relic and other brands is unobtrusive but nevertheless easy to read--even for my 59 year old diabetic eyes. Unlike the cheap Chinese spin offs, Stuhrling is truly Swiss made and a sterling example of fine craftsmanship. I'll one day buy my sons their own.
on September 11, 2011
This is a great watch. Like all of the other reviews say, the quality and style of the watch is great. The only thing about the watch that can be annoying and even kind of embarrasing has to do with the clasp. The way it is setup, when you are in the middle of doing something that causes you to fold your hand downwards, the bottom of your palm will hit the release button and it will unclasp and fall open. If you're in the middle of any kind of conversation with someone it's embarrasing and makes the watch seem cheap. With that in mind, I would still have bought the watch again, but definitely have to take 1 star off for that.
on November 25, 2009
I wanted numbers on the face. I wanted a classic look. I wanted a sturdy watch that looked like it was there. I wanted a watch that looked like an expensive watch (without being expensive). I wanted a watchband that wouldn't break but looked stylish. I wanted . . . Yep. I got everything I wanted in this watch. It will be a future heirloom.
on March 24, 2012
I got this in an Amazon.com lightning deal. $95.99. For the price it's a fantastic deal. The watch is obviously made with quality in mind. Taking links out to size it was a bit time consuming but my husband is a master-machinist and he has all sorts of little doo-dads to work metal with. He managed it just fine and lamented that he wished he'd been at work since there was a little tool he'd designed just for taking watch-band-links out. Could he wait to get back to work for the tool? NOPE! He found another way and 20 minutes of tapping later.....the watch was sized and 4 links had been removed.

My husband loved the watch. I kinda wish I'd gotten the black-faced model but maybe that'll be in a later lightning deal and I'll catch it. I like the white face, as well and am glad I got it. Both my husband and I can read the time without putting on our glasses!

Very good watch. I'd recommend it highly. I'll have to keep the Stuhrling brand in mind the next time I'm watch-shopping.
on July 13, 2011
Only four stars because I just got this watch. The 5th star comes after a long time of excellent performance. So far I am impressed. The fit and finish appear flawless, it has a nice weight and solid feel. It is sophisticated but not at all stodgy. Quite the contrary, it's a real beauty with high style, very cool looking.
on July 16, 2012
I own this watch now for 3 years and I am still not sick of it. The design is timeless and I enjoy wearing it every day. I always treat my watches as utility objects and went trough many during my lifetime. This one is one of the longest lasting. The glass is very scratch resistant. Whereas the stainless steel wristband took quite some beating over the years and is scratched everywhere the glass is still like new. I use every feature including the moon phase dial. I only wished it had stop watch feature. That said Stuehrling impressed me and whenever I will replace this one I will look again for that brand.
on January 7, 2009
Stuhrling Original Men's Special Reserve Aviator Calendar Pro Swiss Watch #173B.33112

Very Good Looking Watch. Feels Very Solid. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because I had a hard time finding a Jeweler who could resize this watch. I had to take out 4 links and 3 different places couldn't get the pins out. Finally on my last trip I found someone who could do it. Even he admitted it was difficult. Besides that I am very happy with the watch. I guess I never have to worry about the pins falling out of the watch band!!!
on February 21, 2016
Very solid , I have one with a strong leather band that has a metal clip. No one commented on the moon phase function, so I will. It has taken me a lot of time to figure out how to set it, basically one button controls 5 functions, pull out one and adjust the date and month in forward direction, and reverse direction adjusts the day. then pull out again to adjust the time. The moon moves along with the 24 hr rotation of the time. An accurate alignment with the moon can be a hassle. Sometimes I just turn the watch off and wait until it gets to the right moon phase. Believe me it takes a lot of time playing with it if you get out of sync, I wonder if others use the moon phases? I have had it now for 4 yrs. and no problem, but it is good I am retired because I had the time to figure out how to set it. A large, thick ,durable watch, would buy it again. "Water Resistant 50 meters" printed on back, also.

See 1 answered question