Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on August 12, 2013
Excellent quality of design with this Stuhrling 207.1 men's quartz watch. The packaging is just right for gifting it to someone. The strap fits my small wrist very well without being too large. I'm 6'1" tall and weigh roughly 200 pounds. The timekeeping accuracy is very good in the order of less than 1 minute per day from my quick check against time.gov The dial is beautiful and easily read. Surface finish is beyond the price point for this type of watch which only indicates that Stuhrling is using the latest in manufacturing techniques for the build.
on April 3, 2015
Stuhrling have had very mixed reviews in terms of quality for some of their watches so I hesitated for quite a while before purchasing. Out of the box this watch looks impressive - better in fact, than the photos here on the listing. The case is solid and well made with an excellent level of finish and I like the very crisp looking curved glass. You can't tell from the photos, but the subsidiary seconds dial is silver, which accents it very elegantly with the white face with it's black, painted on markings. On the face it says "Swiss Quartz" so just to double check I removed the screw back to take a look. Don't try this at home unless you have access to a watchmakers vice and case back tool by the way, otherwise you'll do damage. Anyway, I can confirm that the movement inside the case is a 2 jewel Swiss made Ronda 1069, a movement that has a good reputation for reliability. This movement is pretty small and sits in the centre of the case surrounded by a plastic packer so most of the inside of this substantial watch is non functional. I took a look at the strap under a loupe and I can confirm that it's solid leather even though it looks suspiciously like fake leather! Bit of an own goal there, and I personally don't much like the slightly orangey colour, so I'm swapping it for a darker brown and more convincing looking croc strap instead.

On the wrist this watch does look very good. Some of the Stuhrling range though looks god awful. With occasional lapses in style taste and names like Emperors Grandeur Gold, Leisure Raven Diablo and Lifestyles Winchester Plaza the companies Chinese origins become obvious. Stuhrling has some Swiss management and buys in Swiss quartz movements but manufactures cases and mechanical movements in China. What the Chinese are very good at is copying existing Western products, and much of the Stuhrling range is visually very similar to existing models from Rolex, IWC, Omega and others. The particular watch I'm reviewing here is quite obviously "inspired" by the IWC Portuguese FA Jones, a watch I've admired ever since it was released as a limited edition in 2006. In fact, IWC pioneered the large size of wrist watch currently in fashion. Back in the late 1930's when watches were tiny in comparison to todays product, they created a wrist watch from a much larger marine chronometer calibre, thereby giving birth to current modern fashion trend. Largely because of the borrowed styling references this Stuhrling watch is cosmetically elegant. What it lacks though is the fine quality handmade mechanical movement of the original, but then a real FA Jones in a base form stainless case will set you back at least ten thousand dollars - if you can find one.

Stuhrling do sell mechanical watches but I recommend you avoid them. The Chinese mechanical movements inside them are horrible, and you just can't expect to buy a high quality mechanical watch for a couple of hundred pounds. So my advice is to stick to those watches in the Stuhrling range that contain Swiss made quartz movements. You're far more likely to avoid repair bills that way. And any mechanical watch needs a costly service every two or three years which is why cheap mechanical watches are effectively disposable objects and manufactured accordingly. Talking of avoiding problems, I'd advise against relying on this watch being able to cope with being fully submerged. There's only a simple rubber o ring at the crown, which is why the words "water resistant" rather than "water proof" are used. Water quickly rots leather straps and you need to be very lazy not to take off a watch before you shower.

So in summary, this watch is accurate, should be reliable, and based on its borrowed genes looks very good too. If you want something visually impressive on your wrist for a small amount of money you cannot do better. Just be realistic though and understand that this is a well made budget timepiece and something of a pretender rather than a pinnacle of excellence that the marketing brochures would have you believe. A solid four star effort that's worth the discounted price of under a hundred bucks - but don't pay over that.
on December 26, 2013
This watch is great for some one looking to class it up without compromising their since of unique style and taste.

The band quality is lacking in the since that it feels a bit like plastic and the clasp sometimes gets stuck under the top layer of leather when you poke it through. Also I should mention that the hands are reflective blue not painted blue. Meaning they are only the bright blue color when viewing from an angle or when the light hits them just right. Otherwise they are a very dark blue. As a mater of fact, when I saw the watch in person for the first time I thought I had ordered the wrong one because the hands looked black.

In all this is a great watch for the money. I would recommend this to a friend.

Size References:
Height (Diameter of Face): 1 5/8"
Thickness: 5/16" (About the same as an iPhone 5)
Band Thickness: 3/4" (About the same width as your pointer finger)
Wrist Fitment: 7" Smallest, 8 5/8" Largest
on July 19, 2014
Great watch. Was looking at Hamilton Khaki Chronometer Watch for 800 dollars. Liked its chronometer look and then found this gem for 1/10th the price, with the same look. This one is quartz, so it keeps good time and looks beautiful. Perfect size, love the blue hands and large clear face. I replaced the original leather strap band with a stainless metal clasped band, which I prefer for watches. You won't be disappointed by the quality. I give this purchase FIVE STARS easily.
on June 17, 2014
A nice, inexpensive watch. I liked the simplicity and classic look of the watch. This is the third Stuhrling quartz watch I've picked up in the last year, and all have been solid performers. Keeps accurate time. Would have been nice if this one also had a date window, but you can't have everything. The low price makes sense given this simplicity, and that fact that it keeps accurate time may also be dur to the simplicity, since there aren't multiple functions to get in the way of a basic movement. Well worth the money.
on July 16, 2014
The watch looks so much better on your wrist than the picture. The time has been pretty much spot on over the last few days and the watch face has held up well to the every so often, "I forgot I am wearing a watch" bumping as it is lighter than some of the mega-watches out there. The watch does get attention from those who see it with a few folks asking to see it up close and inquiring about where I got it. It does have a very classy look that is different than the the over done diver/aviator watches. It is easy to read in norm light and okay with a dimmed lights.
on January 1, 2015
As an avid collector of watches, I was skeptical of this brand and watch itself. When I got the watch, my concerns were eased. From the shipping case it ships in, to the fit and finish of the watch case, face and hands, this is a good, quality product! The watch is bigger than it seems to be in the pictures, and the face is an almost white, rather than the silver it seems to be in the picture. Overall, the watch keeps good time and the hands and face are very attractive with the arabic numbers. There is nothing on the crown and it pulls out easily. I would recommend this watch as a second watch to wear on weekends or on the town. A good watch, with a Swiss quartz movement.
on June 3, 2015
Really, really beautiful watch. I spent weeks researching watches looking for the perfect gift for my fiancé on our wedding day. My budget was relatively low for a watch, $200, so I was concerned I wouldn't find anything nice (he is a watch collector). I had a picture in mind of what I was looking for, he is wearing cognac accessories (shoes/belt) so I wanted to get him a watch that would match this look, with a classic, timeless feel, something he could wear for years and wouldn't become retro or dated looking.

Everything I was finding in my price range just wasn't what I wanted- it was cheap looking or the colors weren't quite right or reviews weren't good. I kept coming back to this watch but leaving it thinking, the price is too low, it can't be very good. At the end of the several weeks of research, with less than a month until our wedding, I had to pull the trigger. I reluctantly ordered this watch unsure of how my purchase would fare and not much time to return/exchange if it didn't work out. To my surprise, the watch looks even better in person than it looks in the pictures. The pictures could leave you guessing that it's a good looking watch but maybe cheap looking or feeling in your hands. That's simply just not the case. I am over-the-moon delighted with this watch and know my fiancé will love it! Someday when we're not trying to pay for a wedding I'll invest in a more expensive timepiece but in the meantime, this surprising find will be a very nice addition to his collection.

I should also mention that I honestly don't know a whole lot about the world of watches. The weeks of research I did was my first real introduction so I can't speak to the quality of the internal mechanisms that make this watch more than just a pretty face. Based on others reviews, though, I'd have to guess that it is a solid watch, inside and out.
on October 25, 2015
As a inexpensive quartz, the watch itself is fantastic. I'm in the market for a Hamilton Navy Pioneer, and well...just go google it...you'll see where I'm going.

When I cam across this watch, I thought it would be a fantastic way to see if I really wanted the Hamilton - to see if it would have a place in my rotation. This is the perfect way to go...for $70 bucks - a great test!

Now for the watch itself -
The watch is beautiful. Not too much to report so far. Keeps time as a quartz should....

The band - well the band is pretty bland. As other reviewers have mentioned, its more orange-ish than brown. Very cheap. That will be the first thing to go...
on September 23, 2015
I just received the watch today and was very happy it arrived so soon. To my dismay, the face of the watch is slightly slanted to the left. It turns out, the maker did not properly adjust the face (the white part) to match with the adjusting knob. I was debating whether or not to return it since it was not that noticeable if you don't look carefully (although I know that it will bug the hell out of me each time I look at the time). However, as soon as I pulled the knob to adjust it, the knob just came right off. Decision made - RETURN. I actually really like this watch, but for the defect. I am hesitant to order another one considering the way this one was put together. Otherwise, this IWC Portuguese FA Jones inspired watch "looks" very nice for its' price.