5.0 out of 5 stars High Class
The good impression starts with the packaging: a beautiful box with manual instructions and other information. The finishing is very good and differentiated specially the color and the skeleton concept. I have to say its is much more impressive than one can imagine by the photos.
Published 20 months ago by elevic79

3.0 out of 5 stars Fingers crossed
Published 17 months ago by Katherine Wilke

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Fingers crossed, February 5, 2013
This review is from: Stuhrling Original Men's 303.33152 Leisure Millennia Ravine Mechanical Skeleton Silver Tone Watch (Watch)
Originally got this for my husband for Christmas.The minute hand broke so I filed a claim. Sent me postage paid mailing to return. They "fixed it" and sent it back. It had a large finger print inside the watch. Contacted again. Sent watch back. Got new watch yesterday. Hope it stays working. Great job with replacing but felt bullied to change my review. I will be happy when I have a working, good quality watch for my husband. Thank you for replacing. But I find your emails telling me to change my reviews wrong.

5.0 out of 5 stars High Class, November 12, 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it, January 21, 2013
B. Geving (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
4/27/2013 Edit - I get more comments on this watch than any other I've owned. It really gets a lot of attention and everyone asks me to take it off so they can have a better look. I have noticed that it's not keeping time that well. I think it might have to do with the fact that it's a winding watch - maybe the movement is disengaged as it's wound? But every few days I'll notice that it starts to lag by 3 minutes or so. No big deal, really. I just make resetting the time part of the routine.

original post:
Quality - So this watch is not for everyone. I agree with other reviews that it's not the highest quality, but it's not really that bad. For example, the edge of the band connection channel is buffed to round the edge and is not super-even. That said, it's not obviously off - it takes close examination to see the imperfection. The band itself is pretty stiff and shiny which makes it seem cheap, but it's genuine leather and we'll have to see how it wears over time. Other than that, I don't really see what people don't like about the quality. It's about what I expect in the price range and for this unique design. Maybe I'm easy to please, but it's sub-$200... I can't remember seeing a sub-$200 watch where I was like, "Wow, that's a high-quality watch"

Size - It's a pretty large watch and I think that's a good thing for this design. Any smaller and it'd look like a woman's watch.

Weight - The size also makes it feel pretty heavy. It's nowhere near the heft of my stainless steel Bulova Marine Star, but I was pleasantly surprised how heavy this felt given there's not much there.

Reading Time - It takes some getting used to for reading time with it. There's only a 12 and a 6 on the front face and the other hours are marked with white lines on the back glass. I have pale skin so the white does not contrast against my skin well enough to see it. If you have darker skin, this will be much easier to read. I wish there was a black line option for us pale-skins.

Keeping Time - At first I didn't think it kept time very well, but then I figured out that I didn't wind it enough. Once I wound it all the way, it keeps time very well. Now I keep on top of winding it (every 24-36 hours). Also, you can see the spring and the movement and can tell when it's unwound too much.

Design - This is what I like about this watch. I especially like two things in a watch: 1. Seeing the mechanics/movement and 2. Unique design. It passes on #1 - there's not much to see b/c it's so simple, but the movement is visible as is the spring and a few gears. It really passes on #2. I give a lot of credit to Stuhrling for venturing to try something new. I have already received a few positive comments after less than a week of wearing it and that rarely happens with my other watches.

All in all, I'm happy with the watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Timekeeping??? Revisited, May 11, 2013
The watch itself is a work of art, at least from the standpoint of appearance. Unfortunately, the watch is NOT a timekeeper. Rather, it gains about 10-15 minutes EACH DAY. I can get far better accuracy from a $10 plastic watch. A replacement is being sent, and if it does a better job of keeping time I will update this review. If not, presume that you should look at another watch altogether rather than this one.

*********************

OK, now I have the replacement. Amazon got it to me in just a couple of days.awesome service.

On to the replacement. I've only had it for 24 hours, but it appears to have kept those 24 hours as accurately as any watch I own. Which is too many! I have to reiterate the artistic design of this watch. When I was a boy, my uncle had a skeleton Pulsar that has ever since been the ideal I sought in a watch. This is as close as I expect to find. It is a watch people notice. But the replacement watch is also a timepiece, and so makes it a watch that can be worn every day rather than just when time really doesn't need to be accurate. I don't need the date because calendars are everywhere. I don't need a second hand because I don't time anything. But I like to know the time, and this watch gives it to me with more style than a slob like me deserves.

I would rate the replacement watch a FIVE, but left the review as a four because of the problem with the original. Is it fair to do that? I don't know, but I would absolutely recommend this watch to those looking for a timepiece with flair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool Watch, November 30, 2012
This is one cool looking watch. Large, very substantial. It is a wind-up watch. Very clean looking. I love wearing it. It gets lots of comments.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor poor mech engineering, January 27, 2014
Pulled the trigger on this after much consideration. Wife gave it to me for Christmas. Beautiful watch with the right amount of heft and visual artistry.

Sadly the darn engineering sucks. Had a suspicion trying to wind it the first time....usually you roll the crown back and forth with thumb and forefinger until wound. This one would not catch or would skip on the wind part of that motion, occasionally. Then resorted to just rolling the crown in one direction to rewind. After wearing a total of 5 times it now refuses to wind. Just spins the hands...even after ensuring crown set down for winding.

Returning and none in stock to replace.

Don't get all swayed by the packaging. Some folks like to point that out as a neat aspect but remember... You wear the watch not the box.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good looking watch but don't expect high quality watch, February 22, 2014
Ok very good looking watch people love the look but it feels a not great quality it will cut all people attention but not for everyday use

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous!!!, June 12, 2013
My first Sturhling and let me say that I am extremely impressed!!! Very professional packaging, awesome styling; this timepiece WILL turn heads. All topped off by lighning deal pricing; a true home run! GO FOR IT.........

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, April 27, 2013
it an absolutely great , product why else would i purchase it absolutely great craftsmanship , love the big face , its just different thanx

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy, December 4, 2012
Todd A Sherman (Summerville, SC, US) - See all my reviews
Glad I found a watch for my son xmas present and the price is was unbeatable. Gotta luv the 'zon!!!!!!!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›