5.0 out of 5 stars BEAUTIFUL Time Piece!! Amazing Price! Beautiful Box!
Published on January 2, 2012 by Skyscreamer1

1.0 out of 5 stars Not built to last
Published on January 5, 2012 by Mr. Singer

5.0 out of 5 stars BEAUTIFUL Time Piece!! Amazing Price! Beautiful Box!, January 2, 2012
This review is from: Stuhrling Original Men's 333N.335554 "Classic Winchester Plaza" Stainless Steel Automatic Watch (Watch)
I just received this watch after ordering it the day after Christmas 2011. The price at this time is $81.30 and free shipping. I've worn watches all my life except for the last two years because the one I had broke and I haven't found one that I liked since. Well, one that wasn't a Rolex or a couple of grand. I'm really picky! I like flashy gold and diamonds, but it has to be done right. On the other hand, I'm a "flat black" kind of guy. Anyways, when I saw this watch I was attracted first by the rare and exotic look. I studied the pics for a bit and became REALLY interested, but was concerned about the quality because for 1. it was so cheap! and 2. I never heard of Stuhrling before. I figured what the hell, I can always return it (but I hate that hassle too.)So I ordered it! And I can't be more pleased! First, this thing arrived in a large beautiful watch box! I mean VERY impressive box! That alone looked worth $89.99! Cudos to Stuhrling just for that!! And now to the watch! BEAUTIFUL!! It's a thick, nice weight "MAN" watch! Runs and keeps perfect time so far! EVERYONE notices it and it's black with a hint of blue! It's a ticker that you can hear, so if you want something quiet for some reason then maybe this one isn't for you. Also my wrist is on the smaller side and the watch band is perfect for me. If you have monster wrists like my old man had, then you might have issues. All in all, this watch lists for $525.00 and to me it should be alot more. If this watch keeps a tick'n then this was the BEST DEAL I'VE SEEN IN A LONG TIME! Every so often "special" deals pop up on Amazon and this is one of them. I'm even debating on buying two more for my brother's birthdays in july and nov. Awesome watch!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I effing love this watch, February 14, 2013
I have received more compliments on this watch than anything I have ever owned. I even met the fashion editor of Minneapolis/St. Paul Magazine and the first thing she said to me was "ooh, nice watch!"

The only complaint I have: I recently broke the strap (my fault) and looked into the warranty... You have to ship it to them with 20 dollars so they'll ship it back, and that's only if you have like 4 original documents. Otherwise, they'll charge you the full amount of the repair. So, great watch, but don't expect the warranty to do much for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Attention-Getter, January 23, 2012
I'm a sucker for a unique watch. The big, bold, square face is as unique as the skeleton feature. I've owned this watch now for roughly two weeks, and I continue to get positive comments on a daily basis. It is mechanically sound and beautifully made. The Stuhrling box that encases the watch makes you feel as though you're part of a select few in some sort of group of elegance. Stuhrling offers a warranty should anything go wrong with the watch.

I was initially apprehensive about getting the watch after I took a closer look at the video provided here at Amazon, due to what appears to be purple stitching around the band. To my relief, the stitching was black. The black leather band and black bordered watch face make this a great watch to wear both casually and selectively.

I cannot say enough about this watch. I will be adding more Stuhrling watches to my collection in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, March 7, 2013
Was needing a nice watch that could be casual and go with a suit, and this watch is it. Totally awesome.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not built to last, January 5, 2012
don't buy this watch. From the day I got it the weight on the back was not attached properly, it was off center and stuck in a corner. After a few days the weight simply fell off and now rattles around in the case. I tried contacting the company but their website is not navigable. I emailed them and called them and there was no response to either. The watch still works with the self wind but the weight rattles around and makes A LOT of noise. I can no longer wear the watch and I can't get any help fixing it.
It is a pretty watch, but if you want to spend $80 on something to display in a watch box then go for it, if you want something long lasting and reliable buy something else.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality, May 2, 2012
I purchased this watch 2 months ago. I wear it only at work (office job).

Since I purchased the watch:
- The second hand fell completely off and now rattles around inside the casing.
- It loses about 10 minutes each hour.

Before you ask, the time keeping failure is not a result of the watch being unwound. Automatic (kinetic) watches still require winding sometimes. It loses time when full wound.

The watch looks great, but don't buy it unless it's only going to sit on your shelf (and also not be an accurate timepeice).

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cool watch, December 8, 2013
Very cool watch. I get tons of positive comments on it. It's unique, professional enough for work and cool! The self-winding works, but if I don;t wear it for a few days the watch dies. No big deal.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gonna get another Stuhrling, November 5, 2013
I like this product a lot. I just got it a couple weeks ago. Its a nice clean looking watch not to big and i like seeing the internal gears working and moving.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch, June 25, 2013
Anna Savage (PLEASANT GROVE, UT, US) - See all my reviews
Am a fancy watch collector and just was given this as a gift. the watch gets lots of compliments. Great Brand.

5.0 out of 5 stars love this watch, February 26, 2013
I bought this watch for a friend, and he loves it. It is absolutely beautiful, but in a manly way. You can't beat Amazon's sale price on a watch like this! I bought it because love the fact that it is self-winding, but you can still wind it manually as well. This makes it very convenient, as I have also had watches that were only manual or only self-winding. With the manual, I was always having to wind it back up. With the self-winding, I would have to wait for it to power up if I ever let it lose battery power. Both were extremely frustrating, but this watch is the perfect alternative. If you ever let it lose battery power, you can manual wind it up, and then rely on the self-winding capabilities to keep it wound. I also love the look of the skeleton watch by Stuhrling. This particular one is a nice open, square face with large numbers in a more modern gunmetal finish. In my opinion, Stuhrling has the classiest watches for both men and women, and Amazon has the best prices for them. I love it!