Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on November 26, 2013
Bought it and it stopped working within a month. Amazon had great customer service and accepted the watch back. Unfortunately these are cheap watches that look nice at first but suffer from poor manufacturing.

The retail price of $700 is nothing more than a marketing tactic to make uninitiated shoppers think they're getting a bargain. You won't find any place selling these watches for anything close to this price so don't be tempted by the 80-90% off.
on September 13, 2013
This is my second Stuhrling Original watch. So far I've been extremely impressed with them. Not only are they beautiful watches at a price that's affordable for me, but they actually work. When I buy a watch it isn't purely aesthetic, but in a way it pulls me away from modern technology. I already look at my phone every two seconds, why give myself another chance by looking there for the time?

So a watch can't just LOOK pretty, it has to work well.

So far so good. I just started wearing it about 3 days ago. But it has kept time fantastically. Losing a couple minutes over night (when I'm not wearing it) but that's completely normal for a watch that works off of movement and winding. If you don't mind setting resetting your watch when you don't wear it, there's nothing wrong with it at all. If you're one of those people who can't stand to look at the time and reset your watch because you're too lazy.. this isn't for you.

I was a little confused at first on how to set the dual clock. My wrist isn't huge and when it slides around the watch joints make a somewhat annoying squeaky noise, but it's extremely easy to over look considering everything else.

Great watch, great feel, good looking, and great functionality. Everything I need in a time piece.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is regrettable I have to retract my initial review. Unfortunately my watch has stopped keeping time. I will set it and find that it does not keep up. I have to wear it for a full day before it keeps track of time, and lose time if it is left off for more than 2 hours.
on September 14, 2013
The box was flashy and kind of cheap. The watch also is light and has a cheap feel to it. I paid about 185 and I think that is what the watch is more worth instead of the overinflated retail price. The watch looks good on and is showy which was why I bought the watch.

I was expecting time issues because of other complaints about these loosing time, But after a week it is correct to the minute. I do manually wind it once a day in addition to the automatic movement which probably helps but the movement has been great so far. Watch. Came with very vague instructions

Overall happy with the price I paid and surprised by the accuracy of the watch, just wish it didn't feel as cheap
on April 1, 2013
Bought this for my husband's birthday. He had his eye on this watch for a long time because of the unique design elements and classic style. The watch looks amazing on his wrist and he couldn't be happier. I would suggest this watch to anyone.
on May 24, 2013
Beautiful design. Looks more like a work of art than a time piece. if you plan to were frequently, you may want to invest in an auto winder box. Otherwise you will be setting the time each time you put it on, unless used daily or every other day. Great time piece (by far my favorite)
on May 16, 2014
Beautiful chase engraving on the watch, even nicer in person. However, out of the box, I wound the watch in my watch winder for six hours. The escapement movement ran fine. The dual time dial ran perfectly keeping time. But the main minute hand dial never moved or advancing keeping time. I tried several times resetting the main dial hoping it would kick in getting it to running, but, never ran keeping time. I love this style of watch, I was disheartened having to return it to Amazon. I won't be buying a Stuhrling Complication watch again.

I have two Stuhrling Spire watches which runs & keeps perfect time. I wish the Magistrate ran the same way.
on March 29, 2016
I gave this watch to my Husband and so far it is not keeping time well at all. He has wound it as it is an automatic self winder, so he has spent 50 minutes total time. Winding the movement by rotating it around and around. So we will contact the manufacturer first and if this does not work out, i guess It is going to be returned to the seller, in a few days. It is a reputable brand and we are both surprised by this.
He really Loved this watch but it did not keep time, i guess it was one bad one, out of the thousands Stuhrling makes. It’s a shame
on October 31, 2013
I couldn't wait to get this Watch , it is as beautiful in person as it appeared on Amazon!
I get tons of compliments on this Watch. It's Big and Beautiful, but very classy looking.
Instructions are very easy, and you never have to replace the Battery. I just LOVE it !!!
on January 10, 2015
I had this watch on my wishlist for more than a year before buying it. I read the many (somewhat conflicting) reviews with some trepidation, because it's clear people have had differing experiences. I've only had the watch a couple of weeks, and here's what I can say so far.

1) It's beautiful. Head-turningly so. Now, I love automatic chronograph watches where you can see the mechanism and gauges and dials working, but even so, this one is a real visual treat. The face has intricate carvings in addition to the gauges and dials. It all works together to be very elegant.

2) It keeps time great. We'll see what happens after a couple of months, but I'm impressed so far.

3) It's surprisingly comfortable. My wrists are small, and it's almost wider than my wrist, but the band and the face are comfortable to wear, despite being "too big."

4) It does make a very tiny "squeak" sometimes if I move my wrist quickly. This is from one of the hinges where it attaches to the band. It doesn't bother me, but if it starts to, I'll find some kind of safe lubricant to eliminate the squeak.

5) It's true that the price fluctuates some. I kept track and waited for it to drop. Check different retailers if you are highly price-conscious (the sale site that starts with "O" sells this watch too).

Overall, highly recommended.
on December 4, 2013
The watch is fine, but the price fixing going on with Time Piece Trading and amazon.com is something else. I bought the watch for 199.99 and within a few weeks it was at 119.99. I called amazon.com and they said Time Piece Trading sold it to me for 199.99 and they had "nothing to do with it." Then the very next day after I complained the price was at 189.99 and they said the price wasn't that much different from where I bought it.

If you want the watch, buy it elsewhere. These people have some trick going on.
66 comments|3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

See 1 answered question