5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, well crafted watch.
First time buying an automatic watch,and I am impressed. The main reason I bought it was because I wanted to witness first hand the way it worked. It is, of course, heavier than battery operated watches (excluding Rolex and other time pieces completely out of my price range) but it is remarkably beautiful and sturdy.

I don't like to be flashy, but I love being...
Published 23 months ago by Marcelle D. Ward

3.0 out of 5 stars Amazing! (once you realize you have to wind it... )
Published 23 months ago by Jenn

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, well crafted watch., November 27, 2012
This review is from: Stuhrling Original Men's 387.33112 "Classic Delphi Antium" Stainless Steel Automatic Watch (Watch)

I don't like to be flashy, but I love being unique. This watch gives you a bit of both.

As far as I know, there are watches made that are more expensive and similar to this watch and probably better crafted. However, any watch is usually copying from another watch. There is imitation throughout the industry, with Fossil, Diesel, Citizen and others. The industry king is the Rolex of course, and not many people can really afford it.

Check out some online reviews about the watches made by Stuhrling Original and make up your own mind. I'm satisfied with the purchase and pleased with how it works. I will say that the watch does "tick", and there is no smooth "sweep" like more expensive watches. But for something of that caliber, you're gonna pay through the nose.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, tells time, very well price., November 27, 2012
Jared Wolff (NAPLES, FL, US) - See all my reviews
I am a college student who happens to love watches, so after my birthday rolled around I looked for a timepiece to purchase with my limited birthday funds. I stumbled upon this watch and saw the price, then saw the watch, then clicked buy.

I have had it for a week now and it is absolutely wonderful.

After a thorough winding upon receiving the watch, it has not stopped yet just through normal wear (that winds the watch) and winding it manually when I'm bored. It has a heavy feel which I find masculine, but if you don't like a heavy watch, then this might not be for you. The band is stainless steel and comfortable, but it is cold to put on in the morning (I live in Wisconsin). I have been stopped more than once by people who have noticed it on my wrist. They like looking at the movement, as do I. It makes for an interesting conversation starter.

The watch has withstood multiple hand-washings, as I am constantly washing my hands as a chemistry student. The second hand helps me in timing my reactions during experiments and I find it reliable.

The blue tick marks and outlines of the hands go well with just about anything (blacks, browns, whatever), but the thickness of the watch coupled with its machine-like appearance makes this watch more suitable for casual wear in my opinion. I wear it every day which is what I had intended when I purchased it, but not for formal occasions. If you want formal, Stuhrling also makes dressier watches for just a few more dollars.

Stuhrling's warrantee is easy to set up online. The packaging is beautiful, but bulky. (like the watch itself!)

All in all, 5/5 for this watch. My girlfriend loves it, my fraternity brothers love it (and frequently try to steal it from my wrist), and I love it too. A wonderfully low-priced, premium-looking timepiece that has both beautiful form and function.

3.0 out of 5 stars Amazing! (once you realize you have to wind it... ), November 27, 2012
Very nice watch! I got it and I was super happy it was exactly what I wanted! So I set it to the correct time and put it back in the box ( it is to be a Christmas gift in a few weeks) a few days after I did this, I pulled the watch out to show someone, and it had stopped. I totally freaked out. Then I read the instructions. The watch is meant to 'self wind' from the movement of your wrist when wearing it. But if it is just sitting there, you need to wind it. So I wound it up, and now it is ticking away keeping very good time. :)

The watch just stopped working. This has been my boyfriends 'everyday' watch since Christmas 2012 so hes been wearing for just over a year. And the timepiece has stopped working. I am sending it back to Stuhrling because they have a 2 year warranty on the timepiece. I will update further after it has been returned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Expensive Looking and maintains perfect time, December 22, 2012
Buying a $445 watch on-line didn't seem like a great idea except with the one-day sale with amazon getting it for $75 seeimed like it was a bargain. The watch is very expensive looking and beautiful at the same time. My wife says it flows with testosterone! I've had many compliments about it since I started wearing it. A great watch at a great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stuhrling Original, December 10, 2012
Mazon11 (Winston-Salem, North Carolina) - See all my reviews
I was watching an episode of ‘How It’s Made’ and the showing the intricate details on how a $170,000 watch was made. The details put into making this watch just were astounding. Afterwards, I went online to Amazon.Com and began looking at watches. This watch was the closest to the watch that they made on the Science Channel. I order the watch and when it arrived I was pleasantly surprised. The watch came in an oversized watch box that had between the watch and the top. The held the watch in place during the transportation stage. The watch itself was shrink-wrapped in clear plastic and the watch band was wrapped around a small pillow. This is the very best watch. The quality of the construction and workmanship is outstanding. The porfessional who put this watch together knew how to build a quality watch. It may not be the most expensive watch but my experience with this watch has shown that most people will think it is a high dollar watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great looking watch at this price, December 10, 2012
This watch looks great, works well. I enjoy watching the innards ticking about, and the winding as I move it. Others have told me it's not worth the full price, but on sale it was a great find. It's nice and heavy, I'm a 6' tall guy and it's certainly a "Man's" watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful watch---but no battery---MOTION activated, February 8, 2014
AlwaysAmyBrand (Massachusetts, USA) - See all my reviews
I got this watch for my husband last Christmas. He does wear it, as it's very attractive, but be warned---as stated, there is no battery in this watch. It is motion activated which means if you don't wear it for a while, the time will be wrong. It seems time when you are wearing it because it's moving on your wrist. Stunningly beautiful and great price, though.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome watch!!, October 21, 2013
I bought this watch a year ago on black Friday, shipping was great, watch came in a very neat big watch box, works perfectly. It catches the eyes of others right away with it's unique design. absolutely love it

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working after 4 months, May 9, 2013
I purchased two watches
Stopped working after 4 months
One stopped working I tried to shake it it does not work
Very disappointed

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work!, March 22, 2013
I bought this item for my husband as a gift. He winds it up and it doesn't keep the time for more than a few minutes. Horrible!