5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive
Published on November 3, 2012 by Shirley Priscilla Johnson

Published on October 25, 2012 by Joel Avrunin

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent quality watch with a fancier look, but see-through style really not for me, October 25, 2012
This review is from: Stuhrling Original Men's 388S.33152 Winchester Swiss Quartz Transparent Watch with Additional Strap (Watch)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This Stuhrling watch is a nice looking timepiece to dress up a casual look. It comes in a quality gift box that would make it a good gift, and looks sharp inside the box. The watch itself is 1.5" in diameter, and features a silver toned face with deep blue hour, minute, and second hands. There is no calendar function, so a simple adjustment crown just changes the time. The watch has a nice quality black leather band, but also includes a light tan leather band that you can easily interchange with the black in case you want to change the look.

It might not be obvious from the photo, but the back of this watch is actually made of glass as well, so the entire face is see-thru. That means if a person would like to stop and admire your watch, they will actually be staring at your arm hair. I like watches with clear mechanism housings that let you see the gears from the top, but with a clear back, your own arm will be part of the style of the watch itself.

From a distance, this watch is sharp and would dress up a semi-casual look. It seems well built and hence I give it 3 stars for being a relatively high quality product. However, the photo online doesn't really do justice to how it looks on your wrist. The online photo has a white background, but on your wrist, the background will be peach, beige, brown, pink, red, or whatever your skintone happens to be (along with your level of arm hair). It's not exactly an appealing look in my mind, so I don't think this watch is a winner, hence my 3 star review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive, November 3, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I do love watches, in our family it is important to always have one on with all the activities we do. When I first saw this watch I was amazed at how beautiful it looked. It has a crisp look to it, not flashy but sleek. The band is a black leather strap, smooth and comfortable. The face is not cluttered , it has blue hands and large numbers. Believe me, at a certain age large numbers are a must and when you find a watch that has them in a classy way its a double plus. The watch is also water resistant and who doesn't love that. How many times have you gone to wash your hands and your watch is still on? No problem with this one. Is it heavy? Not really, its sturdy, but not heavy. You can feel how well it is made. All in all this is a very nice watch and one I believe you would be quite happy owning. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing watch, May 17, 2013
this thruly is an amazing watch. it looks great and has worked well since i got it when it first came out. it sucks to not have a date or indiglo anymore but thats what a phone is now for, right? bottom line perfect watch, no complaints.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent watch!, April 1, 2013
This is a very nice and classy watch. It is well worth the price. I would recommend this to anyone who doesn't mind spending a little extra for a good quality watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Handsome, January 11, 2013
Good looking watch, looks expensive. My husband gets a lot of compliments on it. Very cool to be able to see through it.

3.0 out of 5 stars I have one question:, November 19, 2012
This watch looks nice, good packaging, But... is it possible to replace the battery??? This is a quartz watch isnt it??

5.0 out of 5 stars It is a beautiful watch, November 15, 2012
Thu-Giang Pham (Morrisville, NC United States) - See all my reviews
I bought it because it was a special deal for the day. It is a beautiful modern look watch - my teenager son likes it very much.

5.0 out of 5 stars What statement does YOUR watch make?, November 11, 2012
David W. Zentz (Rehoboth Beach, DE) - See all my reviews
When I buy watches (and ties), I like to buy ones that "make a statement." This Stuhrling watch did not disappoint me. Its distinctive design, with the metal cut-outs where the numbers usually would be, is eye-catching, unique, and compels the observer to say, "Now THAT's cool!" I am especially thrilled that I bought the watch for only $49.99 on a "Today's Deal," but even at the 'regular' price it's still a great value. Go ahead. Buy it. I don't think you'll be disappointed. I certainly was not!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought it impulsively, glad I did!, November 11, 2012
I have been looking for a nice watch for quite some time now but was unable to find anything that I really couldn't be without. Then I just so happened to look on Amazon for a different item and saw this watch on sale. After looking at the pictures and reading the reviews and seeing that it was eligible for free returns, I decided to buy it. I got it two days later (love the fast shipping) and I haven't really taken it off since! It's definitely an eye catcher, and it has a very nice design to it. I have smaller wrists, but the dial size really wasn't too bad. I don't really like women's watches all too much because I work with my hands a lot and I needed something a bit more sturdy. This watch is everything I have been looking for and then some. Sweet dial, and some nice looking black leather. You can't beat it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked for a picky guy., November 3, 2014
I'm not the wearer of this watch. My boyfriend hasn't worn a watch in years but had been recently talking about getting a simple but classic one so that he didn't have to check his cellphone for the time. When this one came up, I knew it was aesthetically what he was looking for. The watch came with a black band but also an option for a tan band which I was surprised how easy it was to switch out. The watch fits well and looks sleek. He loves the fit and style, which for him is not the easiest thing to find. I'm impressed. As long as nothing catastrophic happens to it's function, I would whole heartedly recommend this product.