Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

VINE VOICEon October 25, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is an interesting-looking watch. Like many of the other watches in Stührling's Winchester line, this watch has some elements of transparency built into it. While many of the other Winchester timepieces show off parts of the mechanical movement through the front face, this watch (having a quartz movement) does not. What it does have is a transparent back face that allows you to see through the outside ring of the watch between the hour markers. This aspect of the watch is quite a bit different from other watches I have worn. I'm still getting used to it, but overall I think it's a nice touch. It makes the watch stand out a little bit, though perhaps not as much as some of Stührling's other transparent models.

The movement is pretty basic. It has an hour hand, a minute hand, and a second hand. That's it. There's no date function, day of the week, stopwatch, or anything else that certain other watches have.

The watch comes with two leather bands: a black one and a brown one. They can be switched out quickly. Overall I think I think the brown band better complements the gold-toned watch face, though the black one looks fine too. Ultimately your choice of clothes and shoes to wear with the watch on any given day will probably make the band color decision easy.

--- UPDATE ---
I'm bringing my original review down to four stars. The reason is that on a few occasions, the clasp has popped off of the watch band when I was putting the watch on. On each occasion I have been able to reattach it without too much difficulty, but this is not something that should happen on a watch at this price point.
VINE VOICEon November 13, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a luxury watch without special features, so more likely than not, you're buying it for the look. I must say, it does look even nicer in-person. The gold is a nice compliment to my skin tone (pale-ish white) and the royal blue hands add a subtle pop of style.

The watch comes packed in a nice gift box, so it's good-to-go as-is. You also get interchangeable leather bands - one black, one brown. The bands interchange quickly and easily, so you may find yourself switching colors more often - rather than throwing the other band in a drawer to avoid the hassle.

Unfortunately, the bands were sized too large for my wrists. I had to take them to a watch shop to punch two additional holes on each band. My wrists are uncommonly thin though, so this shouldn't be an issue for most men.

Also, the clasp pops off very easily when putting on or removing the watch. It reattaches without hassle, but it can be difficult to find once dropped. I suspect that once the leather is broken-in and less stiff, it will put less stress on the clasp and this will no longer be an issue.

In summary, this watch is comfortable and not overly-ostentatious. It's perfect for everyday business-wear. Just make sure to be careful with the clasp.
on June 19, 2013
The maker and seller brought out the word Swiss to give an impression it is a Swiss-made watch. However, it is made in China. That is misleading to me. If the buyer knows the phrase "it is too good to be true", then he or she will check out the price and where it is made.

Anyhow, it is alright to use it to know the time.
on June 12, 2014
I quite like this watch but, for me, a couple of issues. I have small wrists and the watch is rather large (though no larger than many others) and the band(s) are made for larger wrists. A new punched hole in the band solved the 'fit' issue and for the size, it is what it is and I knew it when I bought it. I really have no complaints. It's attractive and so far has worked well- time keeping is accurate. I think the innovation of being able to change wrist bands quickly with just a finger nail is just that - a real innovation and nice. A nice watch!
on December 1, 2012
I had never heard of this watch until I saw it on the "Gold Box Deal" on Amazon. The appearance really appealed to me & the price was great so I decided to take a chance. It has exceeded my expectations. Beautiful in appearance & extraordinary in accurate time. I was surprised to see 2 separate leather watch bands--one black (already attached to the watch) and one brown. I preferred the brown one and made the change with ease. No tools required. Ingenious way of changing the bands--very cool. Luv it. I own a Rolex but I now wear this watch as my first choice. The only criticism I have is that I could find nothing that came with the watch which explained how the battery is replaced. I hate to have to go to a jeweler for that.
on November 25, 2012
I actually bought it for myself, not as a gift... but the way it is packaged and presented shows they pay a lot of attention to detail. Even the buckle on the band has the Stuhrling logo on it. Also included a little cleaning cloth for the lens. It is quartz and the accuracy is great. It also has a very distinctive look, which is one of the reasons I purchased it. The other reason was price. I had another famous name brand of watch and the stem came off. The cost of repair was going to be as much as a new watch, plus it was going to take over a week. Being old-school, I'd rather have a watch than have to check my smartphone for the time. ";8^)
on February 17, 2013
This is a great looking watch. Bought it as a present and it came packaged so exquisitely his eyes popped. It looks very futuristic with the cut out face. The only reason I'm not giving it five stars is it has lost time two times and had to be reset in two months, we reset it to see if it might have just been the battery but it went for sometime before we had to reset it again. It just might be something small. I still like the watch very much.
on December 21, 2012
This is an unusual watch that attracts a lot of attention. It makes a bold statement about the wearer. It is comfortable to wear and it matches any type of attire, casual or formal. If you do not like this particular color or tint, there are three other color combinations to choose from, but the mechanicals are the same. You have a choice of another strap too. It comes in an attractive presentation box with a cleaning cloth. It is ideal for gifting. Stuhrling products are almost always excellent and this is no exception. If you want a Swiss watch at an affordable price, you will not go wrong with this timepiece.
on November 18, 2012
I dont wear watches generally. However, i had been meaning to start wearing one but the ones that i saw were all boring. I cam across the Stuhrling watch on a Amazon Gold Box promotion and really liked the skeleton look and feel to it. It looks different and yet can be worn with a suite. So far it behaves as advertised.

Although the packaging is too large and to me it felt a little cheap inside, the watch is great.

I look forward to wearing it.
on November 14, 2012
This watch was on the deal of the day and WOW what a deal I got. First it is a beautiful watch, not too big my husband is not a large framed man and this is going to look quite lovely on his wrist. The leather bans are very nice and I like how he will be able to change out the straps from black to brown when he desires. I am very excited about giving this to him for his birthday. This is a great piece for those men how love to have a collection of watches.

See 1 answered question