Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 20, 2012
First off, the pictures online make the watch look very cool and it is....as long as you are looking at the watch directly from the top. What the pictures do not show well is the watch is 3/4 of an inch deep. This is twice the size I am used to.

I have decided to keep the watch because it was a good price. I also like the fact it is an automatic watch, not requiring a battery or winding.

Pros:
- attractive looking watch
- automatic, does not require winding or a battery
- feels solid, well made

Cons:
- very thick watch....really my only complaint.
on October 3, 2014
I've had this watch for about a month now, so I feel I can give it a proper review. If you're in the market for your first Automatic watch and like the skeleton look, this is a good choice . . . especially if you can get it under $100.

First, the good: 1) Not a bad Movement for an entry level Automatic. It's been reasonably accurate over the past month. You can hand wind it. Though it's not meant to be a true 'hacking' movement, most of the time you can stop the second hand by pulling out the crown and rotating it towards you. 2) Changing out the two leather bands (black, brown) that come with the watch is easy. No spring bar tool is needed . . . it's sort of built into the band. It takes a few seconds to get the bar to seat in the lugs correctly, but overall Stuhrling devised a good system.

What could make it better? 1) Some lume on the dial. Nothing lights up on the watch's face. You won't be telling time in the dark with this one. 2) Better power reserve. The maximum the watch has run off my wrist is about 10 hours. And that was with me giving it a good manual wind before going to bed.

A few other notes: 1) I may be one of the few that thinks the watch doesn't look quite as good in person as it did in the pictures. Don't take that to mean it's an ugly watch, because it isn't. But in indoor lighting, I think some of the components on the face look on the cheap side. And the cobalt blue hands don't pop with quite the intensity I was expecting. That said, it seems to look better outdoors in natural light. 2) I've seen a few comments indicating folks feel the case is really thick. It's not a slim case, but it doesn't seam so thick that it would be an issue. I'd be surprised if it didn't easily slide under the cuff of a long sleeve shirt . . . unless the cuff was cinched up super tight.
on May 13, 2014
I am not a watch fanatic but I got this one since I liked the look. However, it is definitely a think watch. It is also very loud and you can hear the ticking across the room, which really annoyed me.
on December 18, 2012
I have always been partial to the "skeleton look" in watches. It is definitely not for everyone or every occasion, but this one caught particularly caught my eye because of its cobalt blue hands and interchangeable (black and brown) leather straps. When it arrived I was immediately excited. The packaging is very classy and would make a great gift because of the presentation alone. It looks like it should cost about 4x what it was going for when I bought it on Amazon. For an automatic - it has kept great time +/- one second over a day - I will have to see about how it does in the long run. A word to the wise about Stuhrling - this is a old brand name that has been revived after closing up shop for a decade or so. When it reopened the new company is essentially trading on the foreign sounding name and prestige of the original company. That being said, the watch is very solidly constructed. The flywheel and mechanisms (which are all visible) work flawlessly. But, it is unclear where the movements are constructed and assembled - I will let you draw your own conclusions.

Pros
Interchangeable straps
Presentation box
Great look for a skeleton especially with the accent of cobalt on the hands

Cons
Bulky - to be fair this is a trend in watches right now, but the thinner the mechanical watch the higher the quality - this is the only reason it did not get 5-stars.
Will go out of fashion - let's be honest, this is not a timeless watch style. It will eventually go out of style, but it is great for now.
Must be worn everyday or you will need to build up energy for the mechanism to work - this is a con for all mechanical watches unless you buy a specialty case which keeps the watch moving (and winding) while it is not being worn

Bottom line
I would buy again from Stuhrling. I almost got my brother a Stuhrling for Christmas because of the presentation factor alone but opted for a more metro watch which is fitting with his style. Take a chance on this one if you like the style.
on December 13, 2012
As soon as I recieved this watch I had to get it out of the box right away. It is a wonderful piece of workmanship. I love the fact that it never requires batteries and looks great. I got it for a steal on Amazon and you can tell that it is an expensive watch just from looking at it.
on September 22, 2014
I had been looking for something different for a dress watch. When I saw this watch come up for the daily deal I decided to give it a try. So far I have enjoyed the watch. It feels great. The quality seems to be pretty good for the price. It's been very accurate over the past 3 weeks I've worn it.
on July 1, 2014
I owned this watch for one year, but have stopped wearing it due to functional problems.

Let me start by saying the watch looks great! It's really attention grabbing and I got lots of complements on it. It's downright fun to watch it work! The only aesthetic problem is that it is a rather thick watch. If that doesn't pose a problem for you, then don't worry about it! But I'll be looking for a thinner watch next time around.

But quickly after getting it, the problems started showing up. My first problem was the time-keeping. I didn't expect anything stellar, seeing as this is a mechanical watch after all, but the watch started losing 1-2 minutes per DAY after only a month or so of owning it. After about 6 months, the automatic winding mechanism broke. The main symptom was scratching sound when the metal part in the back swung back and forth (which normally winds the watch). The sound I could have dealt with, but the watch stopped winding automatically.

I decided I'd just keep winding it manually, but recently the crown won't turn without serious elbow grease, so I've given it up as a lost cause. It could be my experience is very atypical, but there are other reviews where the watch broke rather quickly. I'm not particularly careful with my watches, but at the same time I was not slamming it around. I wore it daily and it did take an occasional hit, but the flaws I encountered did not present themselves after I bumped the watch or anything like that.

I'd be willing to give it another shot, but the watch got much more expensive than when I got it. I bought it for around $100, and seeing as it's now $150+, I'll pass.
on March 20, 2013
I purchased this for my husband for Christmas. He LOVED the watch instantly and we both thought it would be a great watch to wear to work. He received many compliments and people liked that it was unique. Too bad it doesn't keep the time! Not only does he wear the watch all the time, but he has also tried to wind it manually. One day, after having it on for six hours (and having it set to the correct time when we started our day) we realized that his watch was almost an hour behind the actual time. If it kept the time it would be great, but seeing how we bought this as a watch and it doesn't keep time, I can't see how anyone could give it more than one star.
on December 23, 2012
Packaged very nicely and just looks like a very high quality piece. Only negative I could see was that it really does not come with any directions on how to set it and keep it winded properly. Gave it as a Birthday gift to my Nephew and he really liked it. Wanted it for myself once seeing it and will definitely be buying a Stuhrling in future for myself. If you like the styling of this watch don't hesitate to get. Nice casing size, not to large but not to small either. I personally like the Russian Diver watches but due to size are not suited for everyone fit wise. Recommend to anyone interested, great looking watch and high quality for sure.
on December 11, 2012
I've had this watch for only about 36 hours but the accuracy, so far, is unreal. It's been within .5 seconds the entire time. It lost about a half second overnight on my dresser but it came back , wearing it today. This is truly remarkable. I have a similar, (what appears to be Chinese), movement in another watch and it gains about 20 sec a day, (which is not bad for this movement). This Sturling is on par, so far, with my Omega certified chronometer and is only beaten in the accuracy sweep steaks by two of my Citizen EcoDrives! It also appears to be a well made and solid timepiece. Either I really got lucky or this watch has been regulated by someone who knows what they are doing.
It remains to be seen how well the strap will hold up but there are two included. The dark hands are a little hard to read in dim light but this,most likely, would not be a watch that most people would wear everyday but as a dress, special occasion watch or a marvelous conversation piece.
4 stars for now but if it holds up well I'll come back and move it to five. Overall this Stuhrling , So Far, appears to be an excellent value.