Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on November 29, 2012
Arrived in the mail yesterday in a nice big box. Cracked it open revealing the beautiful watch box with the story of stuhrlings origins etc. I opened it up an there it was the Classic Winchester pro, This watch looks far better then it did in the pictures an video. it just did not do the watch justice. This was my first hand wind dial watch. I choose to go with this look because over all it just screams high class. I took it into the local watch dealer to have some of the band cut down so it would fit right. :12 dollars: Fred Meyer will also provide this service for 10$. I was getting getting a bunch of comments from the dealer an random folks about town about what a nice watch it was. over all i was extremely satisfied with my purchase, This was just the initial review ill will keep you updated on it over months.

Pro's: Watch is stunning , No battery , Stylish , Solid, Does not feel cheap at all. Package was great.

Con : I will say there could be more instructions on how to work the watch as far as winding goes for a new person to this kind of watch it would be easy for someone to mess it up. You have to wind the main gear till you get some resistance every 20-35 hours to keep it moving along. As much as the hand flick thing is it just will not do the job.

Thanks Sturhrling
-Zach
on December 22, 2013
I bought this watch for my dad for Christmas of 2013. He loved it extremely at a point he never takes it off. And yet he has very unique and expensive watches in his personal collection. At first, I was aiming for another watch with almost the same features and same brand as this is. But because of a lighting deal, that watch I wanted was claimed like crazy. So I went searching for another watch for dad, and I found this. I liked it, I knew he would love it. And yes, its a success! The only downside about this bought was the box it came in. Indeed, not only the watch was beautiful, but the big box itself is very glamorous. Yet, mine came disfigured a bit in a way that the box wont close correctly. As if the box had something very heavy over it, that made it shift or bend in a way that it will never close nicely as it should.

The funny thing was the following. And in part it was my fault not by not explaining to him what was the deal with the watch. A couple days followed and he told me that his watch stopped at certain time. Him and I thought it was defective. But it turns out that the watch needs (I think) to be rewind every 12 hours or so. Not every 24 hours. But neither-less, he loves it cause it brings him great old day memories with watches he had to rewind. And it keeps him busy. I would buy this or other Stuhrling watch to him any day, any time. But Amazon, this is for you... Please be more careful protecting the boxes.
on December 24, 2012
As a marathoner, I've always worn a Timex rubber-banded sports watch. So to have people complimenting me on this classy watch over the past 2 weeks has been a very new experience!

I'm not a big man (5'7" and 140) but this watch doesn't seem overly large for my wrist. It feels solid and the band is comfortable. It did require a professional jeweler to remove links. The inner workings are a pleasure to watch, no pun intended, and each of my family members complimented me on the watch individually when they saw it. This Stuhrling is really that nice (and not badly priced at 79.99 on Black Friday).

To be fair, the watch does have to be wound for 15 sec on a daily basis. When I wasn't doing so, it'd stop and that led to some surprises when I realized I didn't have the time. Additionally, good luck with seeing the face at night because there is no illumination. And I wish it had a date tracker, too.

All in all, I am very pleased and prefer this watch over the plainer "Stuhrling Original Men's 394.33112 Classic Winchester Pro Mechanical Hand Wind Skeleton Silver Dial Watch" and "Stuhrling Original Men's 326B.331113 Aquadiver Regatta Elite Swiss Quartz Diver Date Watch" which I also tried on in-person.

Hope this helps your shopping experience.
on December 6, 2012
Hello Everyone, I bought this watch for my bf for Christmas (already gave it to him, I suck at keeping secrets). The package it came is was rather large for a watch box but that isnt a big deal, it wasnt damaged in anyway. The watch itself is gorgeous but a little large so $5 on removing a few links was worth it.

The band on the watch is a little light (weight wise) for my liking... its not a heavy watch at all. The winding mechanism works really well and keeps the watch ticking. Overall I really like the watch and my bf absolutely loves it (which is all that really matters).
on December 28, 2012
It looks good as a watch. I like being able to see how the watch is working. Instructions dont tell you the max number of winds. I would be careful and not over wind it as it could cause damage. I would stick with about 15 turns. The band feels very cheap and light. The back ground makes it difficult to see the hour and minute hand as it blends in too well with the windings and glare from the case. Overall it is ok. I wouldnt recomend this for anyone else.
on November 16, 2015
This is a BEAUTIFUL watch!! I bought it as an extra "flair" piece for my interviewing attire, the $100 for this watch is well worth it. For those of you who are looking to start in a professional job, where you wear a full suit/tie/dress shoes to an interview, a nice (looking) watch can make a difference.

One thing that I cannot vouch for is it's longevity. Since I only wear the watch for 2-3 days at a time, I have not (and probably will never) used it as a daily timepiece as I am not a big jewelry person.

Bottom line, it is beautiful, it works well, and is fairly inexpensive for what it appears to be.
on January 3, 2013
I received this for Christmas (was purchased during a Lightning Deal).
Overall, it is nice. I love the quality of the mechanics and the old fashioned ticking sound and the see-through case. Awesome. It also came packaged in a very nice case. The overall feel is nice quality for around a hundred dollars.
There are a few caveats that I've found though:
At an angle, the watch is readable, but straight on, the watch is pretty hard to read as there is very little contrast in the hands and background.
The very sparse manual states that it can be wound either with the crown or by movement of the wrist. I have found that just wearing it without first winding it will result in a stopped watch. I've had it stop multiple times on my wrist. I'm not sure if mine is just defective or not, but combine that with the fact that it is hard for me to read it, I may have to return it.
Lastly, even when I do wind it, if I don't give it around 12 to 16 twists of the crown, it will be dead by morning time. As the watch gets close to "empty" on the winding, it will also slow down resulting in time that is off.
I can't help but think mine is just defective as Stuhrling makes nice watches and this seems out of character. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Stuhrling watch, but this time I will make sure the face is readable. A small application of glow-in-the-dark material on the hands or hours would help greatly.
on September 5, 2014
This watch is stunning. Pictures do not do it justice. I paid $75, which seems like a steal. Time will tell if it holds up, but as of right now its working perfectly. I hand wound it (this is not an automatic) about 20 hours ago, and it is still running and has kept perfect time. The attention to details, quality of the internals seem a grade above what the price of this watch would suggest. The Chinese luxury watch companies you see on Amazon and Ebay are either hit or miss in terms of quality, but Stuhrling and the sister company Akribos XXIV seem a cut above. Fit and finish is stellar, and the rose gold hands and inlays are very classy, although they don't really 'pop' against the skeleton background and might require a second glance to read accurately. The watch is so good looking that you won't mind staring at it a second longer to read it. I'm very satisfied, and will update later to report on reliability.
on August 11, 2014
This is a pretty watch. It came packaged with care, and was a delight to open. I was a little concerned about successfully resizing the band for my arm, but thanks to YouTube, I found an instructional video and had the watch re-sized in no time. It fits well on my wrist. I have had no issues with the winding or mechanisms of the watch. We purchased it during one of Amazon's lightning deals for around $70. It is well worth it. The ticking is not loud at all - you have to focus close to your wrist to hear it. You will love this watch.

EDITED: STILL A PRETTY WATCH - BUT IT IS A PRETTY WATCH THAT DOESN'T WORK! After just two months of ownership, the watch will no longer wind, keep time or operate. Apparently the crown that winds the watch has broken. I will be contacting the manufacturer to inquire about replacement or repair.
on October 7, 2014
This is a beautiful watch. I got it for my boyfriend's 40th birthday, and he loves it. He needs a couple links taken out of the band, but we are going to do that ASAP. I hope to update more about the function of the watch as he wears it.

UPDATE: So he has worn the watch now for a few weeks. He really loves it. I think the only complaint that I have heard is not knowing exactly how much to wind it. There are really no instructions on how much to wind, or how long each wind should last. It has lasted overnight before, while other times it seems to not even last the entire day. So, he is trying to figure that out. It hasn't been a huge issue, as there is always a clock around to reset it. I think it will only improve with some more practice and working out the kinks. I personally love the way it looks on him. He is a smaller guy (5'7" and thin). It doesn't overwhelm his wrist. He had to have 3 links taken out, but a local shop did it for free. He's had lots of compliments on it, which he loves as well.

UPDATE 2: So, he has had the watch since September, and it has now stopped winding. So, that is a real shame. The knob winds, but it doesn't seem to catch on the inside to wind the spring. It has a two year warranty, so we should be able to get it fixed in theory I assume. Will update when I know more.

See 1 answered question