5.0 out of 5 stars My husband LOVES this watch!
Published 9 months ago by Renee Miura

Published 6 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars My husband LOVES this watch!, February 18, 2014
This review is from: Stuhrling Original Men's 426.33112 Classic Winchester XT Automatic Skeleton Silver Dial Stainless Steel Bacelet Watch (Watch)
I got this watch for my hubby as a Valentine's Day/We're-having-a-baby present, and he really loves it...he's a fan of the automatic watches and skeleton watches (where you can see all the gears), and this might be his favorite yet. It doesn't hurt that he's received multiple admiring comments in just a few days. It's really classy looking, but the unusual face makes it a little more casual, so it would go well with jeans and a nice shirt...just the right accessory to go with whatever outfit (and let's face it, guys don't have as many choices in accessories as we ladies do!).

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded my expectations, June 19, 2013
The skeleton works is most enjoyable to me. As a clock repairer, I am intrigued by the works. The workmanship is excellent.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost 5 Stars, August 15, 2014
I have only had this watch for just over a month and I love it. I personally can not fathom how others have had quality issues with this watch. Granted I have only had it a month, but I wear it daily, and only take it off to shower. The only complaint I have is the "Stuhrling Original" printed permanently on the front face crystal casing (which is NOT shown in the picture you are viewing before purchasing) and it detracts and distracts from the beautiful mechanics behind. Other than that small bit of false advertising - this is a 5 star watch for the price and quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Engineers or Gadget guy watch, June 12, 2014
The watch is everything I expected and I am very happy with it. As soon as I got the watch I left to go have it sized to my arm. The watch is a lot lighter than I expected it to be. I’ve always had a heavy watch. The mechanical movement started as soon as started to unwrap it. Anyone that loves mechanical or amazing engineering feats would like such a watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Attractive, tough, and reasonably priced time piece, May 7, 2014
I have this watch for close to a year now and I am quite happy with it. I like the "nakedness" of the watch, being able to see the escapement, rotor, mainspring, balance wheel, etc. However, I do not like how the surface of the watch has a brushed texture, rather than the smooth one shown in the pictures (I submitted my own picture for reference) Also, I agree with a reviewer that the packaging is rather large and pretentious. I believe Sturhling is trying too hard to create a "luxury" watch experience by fluffing up the box that the watch comes in.

However, I can attest to the build quality of the watch. I accidentally dropped the watch on my driveway, and I was afraid that I had broken the movement, damaged the case, or cracked the glass. Despite the hard fall, there was no visible damage to the case, and the movement still keeps time as well as before the fall. In addition, the glass is still scratch free, so whatever that Krysterna crystal is made of, it's pretty tough. Unfortunately, I can't say the same thing for the band. I wear this to work regularly where I do a lot of typing, and I discovered that the clasp was quite scratched from resting my wrist on it.

Amazon has the wrong description when it described the movement as a Swiss quartz, which it is not. It is a mechanical watch with automatic movement. The back of the watch identified the movement as a ST-90089. Many people on watch forums believe it is a re-branding of a Chinese movement, Hangzhou 2189. The specs is as follows:

* Accuracy of +/- 45 seconds a day
* Running time of about 36 hours (I personally get about 24)
* Frequency of 6 beats per second (21,600 beats per hour)
* 20 jewels
* Bi-directional auto-winding
* Manual winding (it takes about 35 clockwise turn of the crown to fully wind the spring)

2.0 out of 5 stars I really wanted to like this watch... and I did for about 6 months, May 16, 2014
I looked and looked for an automatic watch that was skeletonized and didn't cost an arm and a leg. I a settled on this one. The first one showed up and the weight was loose in the case so I thought poor quality control I will send it back and try again. The second one was good to go and I got lots of comments on it. Until a couple days ago when the weight fell off of this one. I figured no big deal I will open it up and fix it. $15 later I had the tools I needed and made the repair. Put it all back together all was good. I didn't make it through the day and another screw fell out. And this one has let several pieces go. I will still attempt another repair but I am not holding up high hopes that this thing will make it even a year. I gave it 2 stars because I really did like it until it fell apart. It would be one thing if it was a $50 watch but at two to three times that I will never buy this brand again. It too bad because they make some cool looking watches.

2.0 out of 5 stars Careless, October 24, 2013
Pros:
- very quiet mechanism;
- stable work.

Cons:
- scratches on dial (I would like to post some photos but I don't know how to do it);
- not accurate details of dial;
- ridiculous huge original packaging box, can't be used for storing -- it's a funny Con but let it be.

I don't buy very expensive watches but I'm very picky customer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excelent, September 14, 2013
The watch is beatiful, I am very happy The product it's excellent for my and i like very much and to my family

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift for Grandson, July 17, 2013
We bought this for our Grandson's birthday ( age 19 ). He is very picky ! We were actually amazed he loved it too. We were prepared for him to return it and get another watch. Very well made and classy ! Beautiful watch.