4.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good!
Published on July 13, 2010 by Average dude

1.0 out of 5 stars fraud
stuhrling, invicta, android: all a rip off. chinese movement. they slap together a case, crown and band and call it authentic. It's a 1,000% mark up. you can find this on e bay for $15. Really, test me, search for skeleton watch on e bay. You'll see familiar faces, movements, etc. stuhrling, adee kaye, android, akribos= all frauds.
Published on February 16, 2010 by Nate

4.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good!, July 13, 2010
This review is from: Stuhrling Original Men's 4AT.3375K2 Champion Alpine Automatic Skeleton Bronze Tone Watch (Watch)
After reading all the reviews and seeing how badly this company is getting trashed here on Amazon, I decided to take a chance anyway. I wasn't expecting to get a TAG or Rolex-quality watch for $170. Nobody should. Judging by the horror stories here, I half expected the watch to arrive in nice packaging and not work worth a damn. It DOES arrive in nice packaging. Looking at all the literature, you get the impression that the company is dedicated to customer service. A look through their website, and at all of the videos will give you the same impression. The one thing that raised a red flag for me is the card inside that prompts you to write a review on Amazon and get a free one-year warranty extension. I decided to live with the watch for awhile before writing this review instead of just basing it on my first impression.

First impression: it's a good-lookin' watch. The only thing I find a little distracting is that the crystal isn't flat. It has a dome-shape that gives it a fishbowl effect off-angle. It appears to be pretty well-made. It keeps time well, and the auto-wind mechanism works well as long as you wear it 8 or so hours a day. It has stopped on me twice. The first time when I left it on the counter overnight-probably took 15 hours to stop. After that, I gave it a good manual winding, wore it like usual for a few days and left it on the counter again purposely to see how long it would take to stop. It was well over 30 hours the second time before it stopped. I've read a few reviews stating that the hands came loose after a short period of time. I decided to bite the bullet and give the watch a few whacks on the counter top and see what shook loose. Granted, I didn't wail on it, but everything held. Maybe I'm lucky... maybe I got one of the "good ones." Or maybe Stuhrling doesn't deserve to be dragged through the mud as much as they have been.

The only complaint I have, which seems like a common one, is that the o-ring on the crown disappeared after a couple of weeks. I have no idea how or where I lost it. I called Stuhrling this afternoon to see if I couldn't just buy a few b/c I forsee this happening again. They are shipping out at least two new ones to me, no questions asked and free. The customer support was quick and courteous. I have no regrets about my purchase. I'm not a watch collector, so maybe I don't have high standards. It looks nice, keeps time well and seems to be a good value.

If there are any further developments, I'll update my review.

1.0 out of 5 stars fraud, February 16, 2010