4.0 out of 5 stars Not necessarily unisex...
Published 8 months ago by Bryan LeBar

Published 14 months ago by Morgan Sheridan

3.0 out of 5 stars It is a handsome watch, but too big all the way around for me, December 19, 2013
This review is from: Stuhrling Original Unisex 522.01 "Gen X Liberty" Stainless Steel Watch with Canvass Band (Watch)
The watch is bigger than I expected. Given it was labeled as a "unisex" watch, I didn't think it would be as large as a standard man's watch, but somewhere in between that of Sturhling's lady's Aphrodite Cupid and a man's standard. It's a good looking watch, but the watch band is way too big and left about a 1.5 inch long end that, when tucked under the band holder still protruded over the rim of the bezel.

I've decided to return the watch since the band makes it unwearable and I'm concerned that cutting it to size would either cause the woven fabric to unravel and shred along the cut edge as well as voiding the warranty. I'd love to see, for unisex watches, a choice in band size/length - small and large. As it is, the watchband for this watch is great for a large boned wrist, but not for a smaller boned woman's wrist.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not necessarily unisex..., June 26, 2014
Bryan LeBar (Shawnee, KS, US) - See all my reviews
This is a nice watch but a bit large to be considered unisex. I am a guy wedging around 160 pounds and the strap is too long for my wrist as the excess sticks up above the face of the watch as it wraps around. I think the face might be large for many women. I was able to cut the band to size by laying a nickel on the strap and cutting around it for a perfect circle. I then had to "melt" the cut edges a bit with a lighter held just close enough to melt and seal the edges. You shouldn't have to do this with a watch but with absolutely no adjustments available, it's the only option. Beautiful watch though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stuhrling Gen X Liberty Watch, February 19, 2014
I bought this watch when it was a daily deal for around $40, I believe. It is a nice watch and keeps time well however I would not pay the full price for it. It has a sleek look and having owned it for about a year has held up well, although I do not wear it everyday.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, August 28, 2013
I am very satisfied with the watch. It looks great and the numbers/date are large enough for me to easily read. It has become my everyday watch. I would buy another.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Deal for a Watch @ this price !!, July 19, 2013
Clean nice looking watch,Sports or casual dress. Keeps time well. It fits my 5 year old nephew and myself (real small to extra large).

The nylon strap is well made and chrome keepers look nice in contrast to the color of the strap. Stitching and sewing is of a good grade,looks of a better grade than what i expected at this price. The clasp is strong and well made.

I feel is is a well made watch strap and time piece, again for the price paid well worth it. I will keep my eye out for any others like this.

Taking issue with the #4 on the watch is just silly and showing a lack of understanding of watches and watch making. Please look at a Rolex ,...duh.

5.0 out of 5 stars The watch is very comfortable. the wristband does not get hot around the ..., July 17, 2014
The watch is very comfortable. the wristband does not get hot around the wrist. the face of the watch is very readable. I am really enjoying this watch.thanks for the quick delivery! jb

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Match, August 17, 2014
VicManDAY "DalMessico" (Cd. Victoria,, Tamaulipas Mexico) - See all my reviews
I loved the mixture of colors in the strap, I love blue color, so it perfectly matched my garments and other accesories that I have! This is a great watch brand.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the trouble, September 23, 2014
I love the face of the watch, but it's impossible to set. The crown is too stiff to pull out. Have had to return twice. Packaging looks expensive.

4.0 out of 5 stars At first glans it looks like a classic watch, August 6, 2014
At first glans it looks like a classic watch. But it has a modern and playful twist tot due to the material and colors of the writsband.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool sleek modern look watch, January 30, 2015
I love this watch. Great feel, cool sleek look. So glad I decided to purchase it. And stuhrling watches come in an awesome watch case.