Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing STEM

on June 5, 2013
My comments are in protest of the review by the person who made the statement that his watch stop working when it was sitting on its side on the nightstand. Seriously??? If you own a mechanical movement watch and you have no clue what that actually means, you have no business owning such a timepiece and more so, you have no business writing a review. You don't purchase a mechanical movement watch for its accuracy, you should purchase and wear a "$30.00 Timex. A mechanical or automatic movement is a work of art and craftmanship, so much so that it runs without a battery and it runs either by winding it, or if it's. an automatic movement it is powered by the motion of the watch on your wrist.
on December 13, 2014
After reading all of the negative reviews regarding keeping accurate time as well as not working at all, I was nervous about this purchase, but after having the watch for a week, I am thoroughly satisfied.

First, the automatic mechanical watch is designed to have to be wound. It winds itself automatically while you are wearing it, but if you leave it sitting around for around 40 hours, the watch will eventually run out of energy. A couple of winds and a quick shake later, the watch starts right back up. If this was my only way to keep time, this would be frustrating that my watch died, but as I have plenty of other ways to keep time, it takes all of 5 seconds to reset the time if it runs out of energy.

As far as the watch losing time, my watch has kept accurate within a minute over the week. It's tough to tell how accurate because I can't set the seconds hand... This is accurate enough for me though as I rarely need to know the time down to the second anyways.

And as far as the skeleton design and mechanical movement, absolutely amazing. I am a mechanical engineer, and I often find myself gazing at the movement and thinking about the design. I find it fascinating that people developed this technology centuries ago, and having to occasionally wind the watch is hardly an inconvenience in order to enjoy reminiscing on a historical timepiece. And is it really any less of an inconvenience to have to go to the store and replace your watches battery?

If your looking for a beautiful timepiece that will turn heads and start conversations, then this is the watch for you.
on August 22, 2014
Nice watch but couldn't keep time. Lost a few minutes a day. Returned but company sent two wrong watches in exchange. Returned those and got refund. Stuhrling was obviously disorganized and quality was off.
on November 3, 2014
I was at first skeptical if I should buy the watch after hearing all the negative reviews about the watch losing time over days or that the pieces inside we're very easy to break but thankfully, I have not had any problems mentioned by any other reviewer about the watch.

1) I have not lost minutes
2) Automatic winder does actually work
3) Manual winder does work too
4) Build quality is solid

For the price? I think this is a wonderful piece of art and time-keeping. Would make a perfect gift for a special other if need be.

My only complaint that I can think of is that the rubber used for the wrist strap is actually really a dust magnet and while it's a chore to clean, it's simply one of the things you have to enjoy about the watch. I will report back once I've used it for a year to see if any problems do arise.
review image
on March 26, 2013
The product was accurately described from the description. The watch looks great in person and reflects light very well thanks to the slightly rounded crystal face and polished components. The watch has a few unique elements, even the screw pattern stands out. It feels like this piece was made from good quality and craftsmanship. I also like the thick rubber strap, it's comfortable and smooth, but likes to attract a little dust.

So far it's keeping time well, both from winding and the pendulum, but I've only had it for about a week. If I don't update this review it means it's still working well. It comes with a 2 year warranty in a really nice box.
on December 30, 2015
I bought the watch as a gift for my son-in-law, it's a great looking watch & he liked the look of it too. Unfortunately, something is wrong with the hands (one is just spinning around) and it does not keep time. I've returned it. Am going to try again & re-order it as my son-in-law likes this style - hope we have better luck with the next try.
on October 15, 2013
I bought this watch for it's functionality.Dual winder (manual/automatic).It is great looking,feels good on the wrist.But after few weeks i noticed that my time is not correct.it was loosing 3min a day.After a month it started loosing 6min a day.So overall I'm very dissatisfied with this product.I had little more expectation about it since it is proclaimed for it's "SWISS" origin. I would not recommend it.
on January 15, 2016
First one I ordered came on time, but the dial came of at the first touch!! I mean completely off the watch! The seconds hand was not going anywhere. Return was seamless. I reordered it because I love the design very much. My second one looks great but is never perfect when it comes to telling time. I had to correct the time at least 4 times now in the week that I owned it! Sometimes it is one minute others few minutes! I always make sure it is only hand or wound because it is automatic. I love to wear it but I know I have to look at my phone to get the exact time!
on February 10, 2015
Beautiful watch. Bought it for my bf and he loves it. Comes very carefully packaged with all the appropriate accessories. Watch band seems a little big. My bf is your average sized man but even on the tightest slot, it's a tad loose.
on October 4, 2013
The watch was exactly as described. I have been wearing it for about a week now. The rubber band is very comfortable. I have not had to wind the watch at all. I compared the time to my cell phone yesterday and today it is only about 4 seconds faster. I consider that excellent for an automatic movement. A great timepiece and a work of art. I love looking at it. Hard to see how one could be disappointed with this.