Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on November 26, 2013
I've ordered Stuhrling Original skeleton watches before and am fully aware that if you don't wear the watch for the day or two, the time will stop. (I have another stuhrling skeleton watch that does the same thing.

Well now I've experienced a first. I've only worn this watch 3 times since I bought it in August,and always keep it in the box it arrived with when I'm not wearing it. Today I pulled it out to wear. Of course I noticed the time stopped, but this time something was wrong. It appears the longer dial came off entirely and became stuck between some of the mechanics below where the dials are supposed to be. I've no clue how this may have happened. I've never mishandled it and have always kept the box on the flat, steady surface. This is a bit outrageous and I demand a repair or replacement.

Update:
-I initially intended to make this two stars and I will reflect that with this update.
-Additionally, Stuhrling Customer service on Amazon has already responded to this comment and has asked that I send it in for repair since I have a two year warranty. Kudos to the quick response. I will ship it to them later today with the $20 check that is required for the Return Shipping & Handling Fee as according to their site. [...]
-Lastly, the last time I sent a watch in to them for repair, I didn't receive it until about 4 months later. I will update this as soon as the watch is returned, which hopefully is not several months again.
on July 11, 2013
Definitely a one-of-a-kind look to this watch. I like the strap, the sturdiness, and the feel on my wrist. Not too chunky on my smaller to medium sized wrist. The automatic winder is fluid and smooth. The watch has a 60 hour power reserve and manual winding feature. The day/night feature is also pretty cool. I bought it despite the two negative reviews due to the look, and I'm pleased; for now. If it stops working like they say it will, I'll definitely update this review. But for now, I couldn't be more pleased. The 16K rose gold shines bright and the face turns heads.
on July 30, 2013
This is the first watch I bought for myself and had it shipped all the way to the Philippines. At first, I was really worried seeing the negative reviews about this product (saying it stopped working after a couple of weeks), but so far, it has been working fine for me. It stopped for a while when I first got it, but we can simply wind it a little.. and when I wear it, it no longer stops.

First impression on this watch is it is very eye-catching. A lot of my peers noticed it the first day I wore it. It's dual-time feature is useful if we have to keep track of two different timezones. Unfortunately, I also came to realize that it is slightly difficult to see the time (because the hands are thin and very shiny).

Overall, I like the watch because it is quite unique and the design is interesting. I believe it is worth the price.
on January 19, 2016
I must say that these watches are just not worth the money! When you look at the Stuhrling watches you you feel like the watches are well made and a much better watch than the price. The fact is that I have now owned 3 of these watches and not a one of them lasted 18 months! They loose time and just finally stop! You are better off buying a Timex watch as they cost less and will last for many years.
on April 27, 2015
I received this watch for Christmas, and proceeded to wear it exclusively for some time. The watch is a bit thick, but I like the look and the amount of compliments it garnered. I typically prefer a more minimalistic look, but loved the coloration the skeleton offered in the mechanics. Also, the price range seems to be appropriate for good mid-level pieces.

After about a month however, I had the same experience another posted mentioned, where the longer dial spontaneously detached and found its way into the mechanics. After sending the piece in with the warranty card and proof of purchase, the watch was returned to me today (around 2-3 months later). Although the return time did seem to be excessive, the watch arrived in fully working order with a beautiful new box and a letter from an employee stating how much they appreciated my purchase.

Due to the appreciation Stuhrling appears to hold for customers and the service, my next piece is likely to be another Stuhrling.
on March 28, 2016
This is a gorgeous watch! I've gotten several compliments on it. I would give this watch 5 stars if it was self-winding. The only complaint I have is that the watch stops keeping time after a few days of not being worn. I own a several watches so I occassionaly go a few days without wearing this one, by the time I go to put it on, the watch has stopped working and I have to wind it up and set the time before putting it on. If I had to guess, the watch keeps time for approx 3-5 days after being wound up. Overall it's a nice watch, and if you don't mind setting the time before wearing it, than this is a watch for you.
on April 22, 2016
Worth the price !! I didn't really understand the watch at first because it stops working if you don't use it or don't wind it. So make sure you read the instructions !!! It's not that it's broken. But such a beautiful watch , gave it to my bf for his birthday and he loved it. Totally worth it
on March 17, 2014
I purchased this watch exactly one year ago and I have already experienced two separate issues.

The first problem occurred less than three months after purchase. The minute hand fell off and was "floating" in the watch face. This watch was in no way misused or abused. This issue was definitely related to poor craftsmanship. I was able to get the watch repaired under warranty. However, the customer service department was incredibly difficult to get in touch with and the watch was gone for over one month.

The second issue occurred recently, the watch has stopped keeping time. I have owned self-winding automatic watches before and I never had to manually wind the mechanism as often as Stuhrling suggests (every 2-3 days). After speaking with customer service, this was their suggestion. Despite winding the crown, the watch continues to stop keeping time overnight. I have tried to call customer service, but I get a recording. I have sent an email and will update my review pending an outcome.

Overall, I have been thoroughly disappointed with this purchase. This was supposed to be a thoughtful gift and has turned out to be a hassle.
on July 28, 2015
Just used it two times so far so a full review is not possible. Really nice design and the quality seems high, but the time keeping could be better. Keeping it in a watch winder so would prefer not having to set it every time I use it!
on December 27, 2014
This posting might be slightly premature but I will update if something changes. I had been eyeing watches for a good long while and finally my birthday came around and I got into a little extra cash. I know there are mixed reviews on this time-piece but I am glad I took the leap. This watch is absolutely stunning. The band is high quality real leather. The crystal and bezel are beautifully crafted and without imperfection. The "beating-heart" movement in this watch is mesmerizing, both my wife and I both catch each other just staring at it and admiring it. The watch I received does vary slightly from the one pictured, however. The portion of the skeleton just behind the "beating-heart" with the Flor De Lis symbols on it is non-existent on my watch. I'm completely okay with that though as it makes the innner-workings of the watch that much more visible. I've had the watch for nearly a month now and it has kept pretty much perfect time; very impressive for an automatic. The two-year warranty, low price (especially on Cyber Monday), and made-in-USA with Swiss technology and I couldn't be happier. This is my first watch from Stuhrling but it will certainly not be my last.

See 1 answered question