Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Stuhrling Men's 601.33152 Ascot Ultra Thin Black Alligator-Embossed Leather Band Watch
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on March 26, 2013
I first bought an Ascot watch from Stuhrling in stainless steel, then found they made it with a gold finish, so I got a gold one as well.I was pleased with the slimness of the watch, albeit at the sacrifice of a sweep hand. My first disappointment was when they were delivered in a nice box with a ''MADE IN CHINA'' label on it. Second shock came when I had a replacement battery fitted, I asked the jeweller if it was indeed a swiss movement and he showed me the movement and it said '' MADE IN THE FAR EAST'' which is a strange thing to put on an original Swiss watch. I reckon I have been seriously misled, and sold a cheap Chinese watch under false pretences, just what is swiss about my watches? At least they keep good time, just like the £2.99 watches from a market stall.
on December 29, 2013
This watch worked very well.. at least for 12 hours. Every time it hit 6:04 am/pm it would stop ticking. I took it to a watch shop given that something was mechanically flawed; I was told the price of the repair would be more than the watch itself. As a final thought, I wound the watch over 20 times hoping it would perhaps power it. The next day I boxed it up and dropped it off at a UPS drop box. I was refunded the price and shipping within four hours.

The watch looks good and feels very light. I would almost say for $70 it was quality considering I doubt all Sturhlings stop at 6:04 twice a day. The strap, like many suggested is fake and feels/looks cheap. The packaging is surprisingly good; Amazon box over a shell over the watch case shows they have pride in their product.

I would not say this is a bad watch, merely I had a poor experience/flawed product. I would say that you will be taking a gamble when you buy a Stuhrling Classic Ascot.
on November 27, 2010
I ordered watch through Amazon Prime with 1-day shipping (needed it for an occasion). The shipment and delivery were perfect as usual with Amazon. No problems with the packaging of the watch as well.

However, the watch itself had two issues (minor but I'm a tad too perceptive):
1) There is a scuff mark on the side of the leather band. Minor but you can notice it with a once-over. Luckily, I do plan on replacing the watch band soon because the leather is a bit too glossy for my tastes.
2) The watch face is not perfectly centered. What I mean is that the watch face is rotated a tiny smidge to the left. Now, I realize this defect would take too much to replace/fix and at the price I paid the watch will serve all its needs. Plus, I can offset it by focusing on the center of the dial and not the edge that touches the bands where the shift is easier to notice.

Other notes about the watch:
1) As mentioned above, the band is glossy faux-alligator skin. Soft leather on the inside but a tad stiff. Of course, it will loosen up over time and with usage.
2) The casing itself is not flat but resembles a shallow bowl. The back panel is about 1/2 the size of the face and the casing sides slope in.
3) 2-yrs limited warranty that can be increased to 3-yrs with a review on your reseller's website (here at Amazon, for me). The review was not required to be positive, but I am very impressed so far with the workmanship and quality of the watch at its price point.
on January 30, 2014
Received this watch today and I can't stop looking at my wrist! It is smaller than I thought, but that's not a bad thing. I love the slim clean look. It looks way more expensive than it costs here. The only negative, which is barely a negative, is that despite being behind layers of packaging and boxing and stickers, the watch arrived already turned on. So who knows how much shorter the battery is going to last me, but that's not a knock against the watch itself.

Also, some past reviewers have mentioned that the Stuhrling box that it comes in includes something saying that if they write a 5-star review here, they will extend the warranty another year. Well, my box did not have such a thing. Maybe they saw those reviews here calling them out and they decided to stop, or maybe they quit doing it for another reason, or maybe they just forgot to include the offer in mine! Either way, as of January 2014 they don't do that "shady" practice anymore and I'm still giving 5 stars.
on July 11, 2012
I bought this watch on Amazon,and received it promptly through Prime. However, when I took it out of the box, I noticed a mark on the dial right away. Clearly looked like a manufacturing defect. The box that the watch came in did not seem of high quality either. I own other Seiko and French Connection watches which are very close to the price point of this particular watch, but I must say were better packaged than the Sturhling which prides itself for its craftmanship. Moreover, the leather band also seemed a bit flimsy to me. I returned the watch back to Amazon the very same day. Amazon was very prompt with the orders and service however, the manufacturer let me down.
on March 4, 2016
This is a stunning watch- looks and feels very expensive. I have owned this watch for over 5 years; never skipped a beat or let me down, I wore it EVERYDAY to work and got many compliments, and no I am not writing this to get an extended warranty from Stuhrling.
on January 30, 2015
Went to a wedding in my new Tux. This complemented the Tux perfectly and at a great price. I occasionally wear to work as well. Nice slim and classic design. The good thing about these watches is that most people don't recognize the name. So don't forget to add the smile and empahsis when you tell them ... "Hey, this is a Stuhrling Original !" They may think you paid 2K for it. LOL! Have fun and look good!
on February 11, 2010
I bought this watch as a daily wear for work. I need quick access to the time so a standard light watch was what I was looking for. This was the best I could find for the price point. At first I was a bit leery because I didn't think you could find a good quality thin watch at this price, but I was pleasantly surprised. I waited at least a month before writing this review to be sure my initial impression lasted, and so far so good.

When I bought this watch, I knew nothing about the company, but I was even more pleased to learn that they are a swiss watchmaker that makes nice affordable timepieces.

The Pros: The watch is very clean, simple and professional looking which fits with my normal work wear. The overall look with the leather strap can be considered casual dress or just a simple clean looking watch. It is thin and light to the point that I forget i'm wearing it. It easily slides under your cuff if you wear a long sleeve and doesn't catch (at least for me). The time I set about a month ago is still spot on, no adjustment necessary.

The Cons: The watch doesn't have a second hand on it, but honestly I don't miss it. I imagine it adds to battery life not to have a second hand and it gives the dial a much cleaner and non-busy look. A second hand is over rated IMHO.

Overall I highly recommend it. It comes in a very nice watch box with instructions, a cleaning cloth, and other paperwork and would make an excellent gift or daily wear for a person in a professional/office environment, or just used for dress or casual dress events, or as a watch for a special occasion (e.g. graduation, first job, etc..)
on May 27, 2014
I was about to give up finding a light weight, ultra thin watch at an affordable price and this watch was the answer. Most watches are thick and heavy with lots of knobs sticking out of the sides and various dials on the face. If you need a watch to tell you today's month and date and what time it is in Istanbul, this is not the watch for you. If you're looking for a sleek, no frills, accurate time piece at an affordable price I recommend you purchase this watch. The faux alligator strap is very flexible and looks great. My wife gave this watch two thumbs up me a thumbs up and is very critical of watches I've purchased in the past and had to return.
on October 6, 2012
This watch is quite handsome--my wife loves it. It keeps perfect time. The face of the watch is perfect. The band is also very handsome--the alligator finish looks like the real thing. The price was extremely reasonable for a watch of this quality.