Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Stumbling on Happiness
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on June 26, 2016
Very thought-provoking.
on June 24, 2016
A fascinating look at why we do what we do. So good that I checked it out of the library twice for my Kindle, made so many highlights that while I was transcribing them I thought--I should just buy this book because it was so excellent.

The main thesis is that we fail to act in ways that make us happy because we misremember the past and misperceive the present, which makes it almost impossible to correctly figure out what will make us happy in the future.

The author does advise checking out others' reactions to the same stimuli, and discarding the notion that each of us is unique.

I would also imagine that journaling daily, and then rereading would be helpful.
on June 21, 2016
Great book.
on June 21, 2016
Very well written. Predictive happiness based upon how mammals with big brains think. Gilbert is a master of his trade!
on June 11, 2016
Interesting take on the perspective of happiness, with lots of trial examples cited as evidence.
on June 5, 2016
Wonderful book... Happiness is indeed an elusive emotion.
on June 4, 2016
A book so interesting even a crime novel fan like me has to keep reading it, despite it being a non-fiction work. Love it and one you very well may want to give people for Christmas or birthday presents.
on May 22, 2016
Delivered quickly. Great read.
on May 19, 2016
I was very excited to read this as I had heard great reviews from many people. I think that there is a lot of wisdom to be found in these pages, and cogent points about our ability to plan and foresee our own future happiness. I think the only thing that put me off a little bit was the sometimes overly casual tone of the authors voice and his usage of broad sweeping claims to try to make subtly points. Sometimes, I found myself disagreeing with claims that the writer suggested to be given as axiomatic.
on May 16, 2016
Not a book on happiness but rather an explanation of what makes happiness so hard to predict. Many flaws lead us to incorrectly predict our futures. Our best bet is, therefore, find an individual currently experiencing the future we envision and asking them how happy their current situation makes them.