Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

Format: Paperback|Change

on March 20, 2014
The book us fine, the layout is fine, the few needlelace stitches are well shown; useful book - sure. However: in this age of high-pixel photography (even) on one's phone, I am disappointed that the stumpwork are presented as tiny images. As one who does needlework, I paid to see the stitches. What could have been a great book is a disappointment.
on March 9, 2014
It is beyond my expectation. Clear, concise instructions, beautiful photographs, a simple project for each technique. I even bought 2, one for me, and one for my best needleworking friend. We are starting work on the same project, and keeping it secret till we are finished. This book is a joy to own.
on April 5, 2014
I have been interested in silk ribbon embroidery for some time and have just recently seen it coming back. Related to that is stump work embroidery as well as Brazilian embroidery, both of which I am activity involved with now. The stump work flowers book is a great addition with great details about how to make the flowers as well as helpful hints. I am excited about trying even more projects using these techniques.
on March 29, 2014
Stumpwork Flowers by Sachiko Morimoto is an ideal book for beginning embroiderers who want to try dimensional embroidery techniques. The projects are beautiful and small - perfect for a weekend of stitching. They can be adapted to all kinds of finishes, too, from framed pieces, to box tops, to needle books, to mounting on greeting cards. The instructions in the book are clear and precise, with excellent diagrams and step by step photos. If you are just getting into stumpwork and are looking for good, clear instructions, this is a great place to start!
on March 27, 2014
An inspiration and pleasure to read and drool over. Each motif is clearly photographed, the process explained in exacting detail and well-illustrated steps. I've done several stump-work classes, all from big-name teachers and this is about to guide me beyond anything I had learned. Highly recommended.
VINE VOICEon December 20, 2014
I love this little book! The flowers are just lovely. Really, really, really. Simple, but delicate and detailed, the photos illustrate just how beautiful simple can be when well-executed with proper stitching and floss selection. The instructions are two-fold. Following the gallery of full-page photos, there are general, thematic instructions on a number of topics, such as constucting the point on a leaf, or constructing a wired petal that can be released from the canvas upon completion. This section is followed by flower-by-flower projects. Instructions include line drawings, but are crystal-clear. There is NOTHING intimidating about this book. Unlike so many embroidery books, which either are WAY over the heads of most people, or are too simplistic, Stumpwork Flowers delivers simplicity with quality results.
on January 5, 2015
This is an excellent book. There are easier patterns to learn on and harder patterns to hone your skills. I am looking for more by this author. I also like that the patterns are attractive enough to actually display or give as gifts.
on February 13, 2014
I love this book. I am a beginner embroiderer and have always been intrigued by stumpwork. This book opens up a new pretty world for me. I know what my next project will be already! :)
on December 15, 2014
This is a lovely book with beautiful pictures of the finished embroidery. All projects are cute & simple! Very inspirational & great for beginners. I was not that interested in Stumpwork earlier until i saw some pictures inside this book before buying this book.
I would recommend this book to be read before any other book on Stumpwork embroidery! When you flip through the pages, you feel, "I also can do that" instead of limiting yourself to the imagination that only advanced embroiderer's can do that! In my opinion, there is knowledge for Embroiderer's in general even if Stumpwork is not their thing.
Wish that the author had written many more books... A well presented, decent Instructional book that is well worth the money!
on March 22, 2014
This book contains wonderful pictures of each design. The instructions are well done, up-close photos and so many techniques included. Overall a book I am glad to have in my library for instruction & inspiration.