- "The author did an excellent job weaving the suspense and mystery throughout the story...I would recommend Stunner: A Ronnie Lake Mystery to fans of mystery, chick lit, and drama genres." -- Readers' Favorite rates it 5 Stars!
- "This is a great first mystery to begin a series." -- Audiobook Monthly
- "Just when I thought I had figured out the plot, the author threw in some intriguing twists & turns that kept me turning the pages....I liked Ronnie. She is a funny, nosy, cool woman who drives a Mustang, loves her family devotedly, & has a wonderful German shepherd sidekick called Warrior. I want a dog like that! This is a fast-paced, humorous, mystery romp." -- Library of Clean Reads
- "Fifty-something Ronnie Lake is full of grit & determination, a persistent amateur detective with a black belt. Ronnie is ever protective of her family, particularly her brother Frank, so when Frank brings home mysterious Juliana Wentworth, Ronnie's radar goes on high alert. As Ronnie digs deeply into Juliana's past, she finds herself getting into trouble at every turn, with every shift in Juliana's identity. As Ronnie follows the clues, narrator Judith West ratchets up the tension with subtle shifts in intonation and pacing." -- AudioFile magazine
- "Danforth did a great job developing the main character, showing how Ronnie went from a very inexperienced investigator to a seasoned one making her very likeable to the reader as she messed up over & over but kept trying & improving herself. Danforth's writing style is impeccable & fun, making this adventure easy to read....A five star book--worth reading for sure!" -- Reader Views
From the Author
One of the advantages of writing in mid-life is the wealth of experience we have to draw upon. In Stunner, Ronnie Lake is like many Babyboomers these days--a fifty-something, divorced empty-nester who was downsized out of her corporate career. She's trying to figure out her next act when her niece comes to her in a panic that her recently widowed father (Ronnie's brother) may want to marry again. It's not only that his intended is a much younger woman, but that strange events have been happening ever since they've come home. Her niece suggests they hire a private investigator, but Ronnie decides to see what she can find out first. After all, how hard can it be? Bottom line--this is a story with a universal theme of betrayal and family loyalty with a protagonist who is not afraid to jump into the new endeavor of amateur woman detective.
Whether it's as a Kindle eBook, paperback or audiobook, I hope you enjoy Stunner!